"What Was The Last Movie(S) You Saw, And What Did You Think Of It?" #3

• 5 weeks later...

Halloween 2018 for the second time. I had nothing betting to do. I'm still not overly impressed. I think everyone decided that this was the next best thing to the original, maybe even one of the greatest horror films of all time, the instant the project was announced.

• 2 months later...

Knives Out. Wasn't expecting much, but it's the most fun I've had watching a movie since Hot Fuzz. Ana de Armas is like an adorable baby bunny in this. Super recommend.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, SqueezeWax said:

Rob Zombie's Halloween. I still think it's absolute garbage.

I like Rob Zombie's aesthetic and I don't mind he casts his wife in everything 😅 Didn't like his version of Halloween though.

One of the Underworld movies. I don't even know which one. I let it run while I went to make breakfast, and I missed a bunch of stuff, and when I came back it didn't seem to matter. I guess that means I liked it anyway?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thunder Road.

Really good movie. Watched a few weeks ago but stayed in my mind. About a cop going through a mental breakdown, kinda like if Reno 911 was played straight. Funny and sad. Made on a $200k budget but way better than a lot of crap out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nightjar said:

Three Billboards Outside 👍 The female lead is a badazz 👏👏👏

Excellent movie for me also.  I was glad to see Sam Rockwell get an Oscar, he's been great in The Green Mile, and others.  By movie's end, his corn bred character becomes a full-fledged, aware, human. 

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

2 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

Excellent movie for me also.  I was glad to see Sam Rockwell get an Oscar, he's been great in The Green Mile, and others.  And, by the end, his corn bred character becomes a badazz in his own way. 

Bulga

OMG, he was such an assh#le until the end wasn't he? 

But then, wow, he turned it around after his burns and reading the letter from his dead colleague. And then, pow, just like that, I really liked him! 

If this is what happens to folks after being badly burnt and reading an inspirational letter, I may get my blow torch and pen out 😉 

... Ha! You guys know I wouldn't get the blowtorch out 😇 But the b*tch in the movie 😈 Wow, she would. She wouldn't bother with the letter. 

Man, she was tough. 

I plan to rewatch and learn. And take no prisoners 😁 

NB: I think I'm getting an idea of what a 'cornbred' character is so thanks for the extra help with the American lingo Bulga 😁

• 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

There's been a wash of bad movies made in 2020-2021.  The writers barely have time for a title, "A Scary House" is the name of one of the movies recently offered on Netflix.

I look at online reviews from IMDB or NY Times to try and narrow the field.  So I read about "I Blame Society" and watched it.  I streamed it for pay, but it's another "small" movie and should be available all over soon.

It's written, directed and starring a young lady.  She plays herself, a person trying to write and sell a movie idea.  The opening finds her speaking over a patio table talking to an old friend, and I think he just got married.  She is explaining to him that she'd like to come to his house and film a documentary showing how she would "hypothetically" **** his wife. 

The guy is dumbfounded as anyone would be.  She tells him that his wife's a bitch and always has been, and it's hypothetical, etc.  The movie is about her perseverance in pursuing her film making dream, though the movie she's making evolves over time.  It made me laugh more than any film in a long time.  The actress has Woody Allen's timing and sensibilities, and she can write.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov