a big part of my current problem is being flat on my back tired. i think meds as causing this. i so sleepy i am prescribed sequel, depakote,meds for blood pressure,valium,and trasdone for sleep. i going to be tapered off vailym soon and doc app today with my regular physician assistant today.i also have been having nightmares.also  i m 9 days clean off cannabis.

david

Tired may not be a bad thing for now, if it keeps whatever symptoms you're having at bay until whatever treatment your doctor orders has time to take effect. And congratualtions on being 9 days clean, that is a big step! Hoping you see some positive results soon, and get to feeling better! 

Hello @sad in grand Rapids,

I can't really offer any help in the ways of medicine as I have refused any option to start taking anti-depressants.  What I do know is that a common side effect for most (more modern) medicines is a decrease in appetite, as well as disruptions of common sleep cycles.  My advice is to put as much structure into your life as possible by sticking to 2-3 meals a day at a set time.  The more you can eat, the better, because that will be energy you can burn off.  Consider having a set sleeping schedule, such as be in bed by 9 pm and get out of bed at 5 am.  It may be hard to get into that schedule, but if you just brute force it in the mornings and climb out of bed at 5 every single morning, your body will acclimate and it will get easier each time.

My daily schedule is to wake at 5, go for a morning run, eat at around 6-7.  Work. Lunch at 12.  Finish work.  gym or 30 minute nap.  Dinner at 5.  free time.  Climb in bed at 9.

Having structure like that helped me considerably when I went through a phase of just lying in bed the entire day.  Eventually, my body would decide it was dog tired and I would know it was about 9 at night.  And my body would wake up on it's own before my 5 o'clock alarm went off.  The exercise and proper meals assisted with lowering anxiety levels and promoting tiredness which led to less dreaming, so hopefully those pesky nightmares will ease off too.

I know it's hard to put anything to a set schedule when you feel fatigued all the time, but it will get easier.  If you already have a pretty rigid schedule and the fatigue still isn't easing off, consider the substances you put in your body.  I would sacrifice coffee, and see if that helps any.  When I stopped drinking coffee, I no longer craved those afternoon naps before dinner.  If there is still too much fatigue, your doctor needs to know in order to adjust the medication.

This is just personal advise, and probably not what you were expecting, but I hope you consider it and that it ends up helping!

28 minutes ago, sad in grand Rapids said:

a big part of my current problem is being flat on my back tired. i think meds as causing this. i so sleepy i am prescribed sequel, depakote,meds for blood pressure,valium,and trasdone for sleep. i going to be tapered off vailym soon and doc app today with my regular physician assistant today.i also have been having nightmares.also  i m 9 days clean off cannabis.

david

Awesome, my friend and I hope your tiredness soon go away

I'm going to try eat right and go hiking tomorrow and go down hill skiing up in northern michigan sat or Sunday.  no more living in my  head all the time.  i had been eating nothing but junk because i was using food to self medicate my depression.i have stop negative self talk that says you will be alone forever you won't ever find some to love and such. also you are unlovable. 

i need to get out side my own head. 

i won't give up.

david

2 hours ago, sad in grand Rapids said:

I'm going to try eat right and go hiking tomorrow and go down hill skiing up in northern michigan sat or Sunday.  no more living in my  head all the time.  i had been eating nothing but junk because i was using food to self medicate my depression.i have stop negative self talk that says you will be alone forever you won't ever find some to love and such. also you are unlovable. 

i need to get out side my own head. 

i won't give up.

david

I'm happy to hear that you're going to go hiking and skiing!  I would definitely like to see some pictures if you get the chance!

Be careful that you don't overload yourself though.  Sometimes I get these sudden energetic moods and plan to do this and that, and then the energetic mood wears off and I suddenly don't want to do any of those things, and then feel like I let myself down.  There is a delicate balance of being active and having your recover time.  If you end up feeling overwhelmed and unable to go on these trips, don't worry!  It'll still be there whenever you feel like doing it again.

Also, that negative self talk that you do in your head is definitely bad for you, but ignoring it sometimes ends just as badly.  Make sure to find a healthy outlet for it!  

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy yourself!  If you ever find yourself in the California area, I could recommend some great hikes!