Hi, I have recently began to try and change things in my life and am looking for ways to improve things.  Journaling is a great way, so I decided to try it here.  I am in my 40's, and am looking forward to seeing those changes happen.  I have  Depression, and Generalized Anxiety and have ups and downs that are hard to deal with at times.  The worst part is the anxiety though and self defeating thoughts, that is what I am working on.

Thank you very much, and hope that I can post often.

Welcome to DF! Glad you found us and reached out. You are not alone. I find it does help to read other's post, respond if you can, and keep posting yourself. We understand the hard roller coaster ride of depression and anxiety. Hope you have a good therapist and doctor that you are working with. Mine have helped me a lot. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard to our forum FRIENDship.

You can post as often as you wish.

This forum has helped me so much and no doubt it will help you.

Oscar

Journaling helps me sort out and even understand my own thoughts.  Yes, and even recognize the self-defeating ones.  I agree with BeyondWeary that reading others' posts can be helpful and even help you get out of your own head to help someone else.  Hope you finds lots of support and healing.

Hi and welcome. I also struggle with GAD and depression. I think it's fantastic that you're determined to improve your baseline wellbeing. Writing about my struggles here and offering support to others in need seems to help me get out of my head. I hope it helps you as well. 

Regarding negative thoughts, you might try daily affirmations as a means by which to challenge them. Lovingkindness meditations or a simple, repeatable statement might be useful. 

Welcome! I'm new, too. I'm glad you're trying to find ways to feel better. Journals are good for that! I, too, struggle with self-defeating thoughts, but I have gradually been getting better with diverting them, so I hope you can soon, too! I don't have generalised anxiety disorder, but I do have panic disorder, so I would agree that the anxiety is very tiring and upsetting.

If I can help you at all, please message me!