Sign in to follow this  
20YearsandCounting

Riverlight's "Positivity Thread ~ Anything Positive Happen Today?" Thread, Part Two

It's warm and sunny today and that has put the people I have encountered out and about in a good mood.

The lady in the art gallery seemed happy to chat instead of doing any work 😄

My library fine was waived.

We're on day 3 of a family mini vacation. Today, I didn't lose control when I was feeling tense and hurried and lacking sleep. Late tonight after a couple of glasses of wine, my cousin, my mother and I talked calmly about the mental illness that runs in so many of our family.

My mom brought up how PPD affected her after I was born. My cousin spoke about her depression, about her son struggling with symptoms and about our aunt who relied on barbiturates in 1950s. I talked about stigma. I wish my brother would've felt secure enough to speak. He buried his face in his phone but I'm grateful he stayed and listened. He's really tense and he won't talk about it. 

Spent time with a friend I hadn't seen in a while today. I was nervous but we had a nice time. Driving is a major phobia of mine and she offered to pick me up without me even asking or saying anything. Sweet relief!! We had tea and desserts at this really low key place. I'm glad we went. 

Technically yesterday but I am sure I will be forgiven :laugh: so..

I had a lovely time at the theatre watching Pirates of Penzance :smile:

My interval ice cream stick proved handy to wave about as a cutlass while I joined in as an honour member of their band in singing their piratey songs :laugh: 

My neighbour in seat next to me was a member of the theatre group so I had a nice time chatting to her in the interval :happy:

2 hours ago, RiverLight said:

I spoke up at work about an issue, and as a result, the company is changing their practice. YAY! It is a very positive change that will help us all to be more efficient and effective. 

I'm more proud of you every time I see you post!  If you keep going like you're going one day you will be running the company.  You can do anything or be anyone you want in this world.  I hope you see that.

32 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I'm more proud of you every time I see you post!  If you keep going like you're going one day you will be running the company.  You can do anything or be anyone you want in this world.  I hope you see that.

Oh, my friend, you always say the kindness and most supportive and encouraging things! You are truly a GEM!!! I hope you know this and hold onto that knowledge, because someone (ME!) thinks you are truly, absolutely, hands down amazing and wonderful!!!!! ♥️

I thank you for saying this. I am very happy that my company respects me enough to listen and to make vast, sweeping changes that impact my whole team and the work we provide to our clients.

I have rarely seen this happen in any company, if ever, so this is a treat! I finally feel valued for my opinion. What a nice change!!! I thanked our CEO directly the other day. And I could tell he was pleased by that. He's been frowning lately, so I wanted to be sure he knew how grateful I am that he listened to me. 

Many many hugs to you my friend!!! 

25 minutes ago, RiverLight said:

Oh, my friend, you always say the kindness and most supportive and encouraging things! You are truly a GEM!!! I hope you know this and hold onto that knowledge, because someone (ME!) thinks you are truly, absolutely, hands down amazing and wonderful!!!!! ♥️

I thank you for saying this. I am very happy that my company respects me enough to listen and to make vast, sweeping changes that impact my whole team and the work we provide to our clients.

I have rarely seen this happen in any company, if ever, so this is a treat! I finally feel valued for my opinion. What a nice change!!! I thanked our CEO directly the other day. And I could tell he was pleased by that. He's been frowning lately, so I wanted to be sure he knew how grateful I am that he listened to me. 

That’s awesome my friend and I’m so glad that you’re not afraid to voice your opinion.

Took a road trip with my friend to her tiny home town for a country-style Mardi Gras celebration. Cold a f but sooooo much fun. It's been wonderful to cut loose and be with my sweet friend and her family, and loooong overdue!! 

1 hour ago, RiverLight said:

How I wish I can be like u! Ur so brave and confident and keep pushing through no matter what’s the circumstances ur so amazing! 

4 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

That’s awesome my friend and I’m so glad that you’re not afraid to voice your opinion.

Thank you! So am I! 

3 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

How I wish I can be like u! Ur so brave and confident and keep pushing through no matter what’s the circumstances ur so amazing! 

Trust me... it took therapy and lots of pushing through to be where I am now. 

14 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

And thank you! That was a very nice compliment! 

I just saw this thread.  I tend to stick too close to the how are you doing thread.  Bad me. 

Great idea, Riv!

Positive - well, my daughter has been stable, emotionally, at least as far as we know, for a week plus!!

My cats are cuddled either side of me.

There is a pretty, light, twilight snow falling, with those big fluttering flakes. Lovely!

12 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

I just saw this thread.  I tend to stick too close to the how are you doing thread.  Bad me. 

Great idea, Riv!

Positive - well, my daughter has been stable, emotionally, at least as far as we know, for a week plus!!

My cats are cuddled either side of me.

There is a pretty, light, twilight snow falling, with those big fluttering flakes. Lovely!

That all sounds so lovely, Brian! Peaceful, relaxing.... and so happy to hear your daughter is more stable now. YAY! 

I've been surviving on my own for over a year now.  I'm not just surviving.  I'm thriving.  If I can make it through this month there is real hope for a happy life for me.  This month will be very hard but there is a light at the end of this tunnel.  I've been underestimated my whole life and told I can't do things and I'm proving everyone that knows me wrong.

Sign in to follow this