A New Look Read more... ×
20YearsandCounting

Riverlight's "Positivity Thread ~ Anything Positive Happen Today?" Thread, Part Two

Took the dog on two walks--a long one at the park, a short one in the neighborhood--when I really didn't feel like going out at all. So whether I work out tonight or not, I feel like I accomplished something today.

Oh, and I managed to spend more than half the morning/afternoon awake...a true accomplishment these days.

I had a pleasant time chatting with the guy who runs the record store, it was the first time I have seen him since his dad passed away and it was good to see he was holding up ok, we also listened to music and I found a new band I liked 😄

There was a nice chill outside. It will be a good walking night tonight as long as it doesn't rain. We ran into minimal people on our last walk, thank God.

Tomorrow I will get to have pancakes with my family. I haven't seen my little sister or her baby since New Year's Eve, so it's long overdue.

Went to my friend's going away party. Everyone toasted him during which I took the opportunity to say how much it meant to me that he didn't give up when my depression symptoms were bad and I isolated, ignored his texts. 

Afterwards I was approached twice by friends of his (strangers to me) and each told me they thought my toast was beautiful. I wasn't sure if they were being polite or honest and asked if I got too real. They assured me my toast affirmed the sort of friend they knew him to be.

It's not very safe to come out in public about mental illness, you know how people can be. I could've had a quiet word with him but acted on impulse, just hoping it wouldn't be awkward.

We had dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant that has a deck with views of the sun setting behind the marina. Afterward, we took a short walk on the marina and then on the beach across the way. 

I woke this morning and went to work,but found some of it quite enjoyable...I was able to use some of my creativity to solve a few issues in an engineering design. I spoke with some friends,all of which were busy but I enjoyed the short talks nontheless ...and something great on the drive home into my dead end country backroad ...I saw 7 deer standing in a field going down my road...coupled with the night,stars etc. It gave me quite a majestic feeling as they pranced into the darkness of the night.

Went to my youngest niece`s birthday and had a nice time visiting with my family. Came home put on my pajama`s and watched Saturday Night Live. Now I`m here posting on the DF and I don`t think I'll  take my bedtime meds tonight. I think I'll stay up and maybe watch some movies.

Had a pleasant surprise in a shop when I recognized the lady on the till as I used to work with her and hadn't seen her for yonks, she introduced me to one of the other members of staff and we had a good natter 🙂 it was nice chatting with the added bonus that she is rather easy on the eyes 😊

I let myself stop and think for a change.  Since I've been having trouble with my refrigerator I've been obsessed with the thermometer in it and it was too high in there and I almost went and got a new refrigerator before I said oh yeah I just put fresh tea in there and warmed things up.  Smacks self in forehead!  So the positive is I didn't do something rash and stupid.  I let myself calm down and think for a change.