A New Look Read more... ×
20YearsandCounting

Riverlight's "Positivity Thread ~ Anything Positive Happen Today?" Thread, Part Two

Restarting Riverlight's great positivity thread, and here is her starting post, plus some replies from the previous thread to get you started again.

Hello DF peeps! I thought we could use a positivity thread to share anything positive that happened today, or maybe an inspirational quote that helped you, or anything positive that may help others, or really anything positive that you feel like sharing!

For starters, I will share one positive thing for today. Today I am inspired in my career for the first time in months. I went through a lull after many disappointing interviews that led to no jobs. Actually, I was really pretty depressed about that outcome for a while and stopped trying so hard in my job. But today I found a professional certification course that I am really excited about. This course will help lead my career in the direction that I want and land the kind of job that I want. So I can't wait! =) YAY! :Coopclapping:

On 11/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, Lady Mozzer said:

Managed to get up early to cook some Thanksgiving dishes for our family`s Thanksgiving day lunch. Had a lovely afternoon with the family. The day went well.

On 11/24/2018 at 5:47 PM, hocico said:

Work went well and the boss seemed happy with my efforts.

The show at the theatre tonight was hilarious, they added their own little touches to the original scripts which were just as funny and I had a nice time chatting to the lady next to me. 

9 hours ago, evalynn said:

The tree has been up for days, but I finally got around to taking out the ornaments and putting them up. I also put out my Santa, my angel, my stuffed moose, my light-up deer, my husband's menorah snow globe, and some other little things.  The house looks cheerful now.

1 hour ago, hocico said:

I put up a little christmas tree at work in the office and decorated it with kinder surprise toys tinsel and a little angle on top 😁 (it is a very acute one 😊)

On 11/27/2018 at 2:37 AM, Lady Mozzer said:

I`m feeling a little bit better despite sleeping almost all day from this stomach bug .

:hugs:hope you're recovered soon forum friend 🙂

I have a christmas jumper, however in TJ Maxx earlier I saw one with santa on it saying ho ho ho and it has a little button which when pressed goes "ho ho ho merry christmas" and plays jingle bells 😂

So I could just picture the look on the faces of the kids who come into my store with their moms when that all starts playing 😊 so yeah I had to buy it just to make them laugh 😂

3 hours ago, hocico said:

:hugs:hope you're recovered soon forum friend 🙂

I have a christmas jumper, however in TJ Maxx earlier I saw one with santa on it saying ho ho ho and it has a little button which when pressed goes "ho ho ho merry christmas" and plays jingle bells 😂

So I could just picture the look on the faces of the kids who come into my store with their moms when that all starts playing 😊 so yeah I had to buy it just to make them laugh 😂

I'm feeling better today thanks so much hocico. 

Your new jumper sounds so fun. By the way love your new avatar !!!!😀😀😀

22 hours ago, Lady Mozzer said:

I'm feeling better today thanks so much hocico. 

Your new jumper sounds so fun. By the way love your new avatar !!!!😀😀😀

Aw most gladly to hear it LM :hugs:

😁 ha yeah it will bring christmas cheer to small kids, so it will be well worth feeling like a eejit wearing it to be able to do that. 

☺️ aw thankies, I fancied joining in with the christmas avatar theme 🙂 I think it must be one of my favourite christmas movies.

The panto was punny  😁 and we had great fun cheering and booing and singing along 😂

I was able to give some people a lift down there 🙂

Edited by hocico

3 hours ago, shio said:

Yes! My older brother bought air filters for my furnace so i can get more heat circulating in my house. :thumbsup:

Aw good on your bro 😀 I hope you can feel the improvement as a result and it's much warmer for you and the doggies 😊

oops ^^ I will add this to my last post 😊

One crying baby sees one christmas jumper with lights going, face goes 😮 hocico goes "aww" 😀, peace returns to the land for a few minutes or so. 

I got some christmas cards ☺️

A surprise, for sure, but I guess I was geared up for it.  I've always loved working on whatever old Wündercar I own at the moment, whether matters mechanical (German engineering is a challenge I actually sometimes enjoy) or cosmetic.  Since the hospital a couple months ago, however, haven't been able to do much of anything.  I did manage to replace her rear bench seats a couple weeks ago - a substantial physical accomplishment for me - and even had the correct star bit in my toolkit to do it.

Wellllllll, started out wiping down Ms. Wündercar this morning due to a passing shower and, as long as I had the energy and, for once, was not hurting, I decided a wax/detail was in order.  Dug the orbital buffer outta cobwebs and went to work.  Lord, even detailed the black trim and vac'd the interior.  Completely indulged myself.

And, no, I DIDN'T mind it started to pour a couple hours later.  Love seeing the water bead.  (ok, I may pay physically tomorrow...but it was worth it for my frame of mind)

Edited by MarkintheDark

26 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

Take a time out if you can my friend and just meditate on something up lifting 

I need to take it easy.  I also decorated for Christmas and cleaned out all closets.  I was burning things for hours in the fireplace.  It's very dangerous when I start burning things while manic.  I also ran 5 miles today.  I feel like I'm about to lift up off the ground like a plane.