The Post Anything Thread #3

There used to a white squirrel that hung out outside our high school. I noticed he was never with any of the other squirrels, and it made me sad.

On the other hand, I think there's a town somewhere in the US that only has albino squirrels.

3 hours ago, evalynn said:

There used to a white squirrel that hung out outside our high school. I noticed he was never with any of the other squirrels, and it made me sad.

On the other hand, I think there's a town somewhere in the US that only has albino squirrels.

We have grey squirrels here and brown ones.  I have to try to find a white one.

Now since people know mom's estate is settled they are all pressuring me to set up a will.  These are the people in my life now.  Every conversation is either them telling me I should set up a will or them trying to figure out what I got from mom's estate.  I hate people but that's all people are.

Edited by sober4life

"I hate those people".

How does it profit me to hold on to that feeling?

I fester over them and they take up residence in my mind, rent-free. That's kind of messed up. 

17 minutes ago, Atra said:

"I hate those people".

How does it profit me to hold on to that feeling?

I fester over them and they take up residence in my mind, rent-free. That's kind of messed up. 

Yes my whole life I've been dealing with those feelings.  There is always someone giving me a reason to have those feelings though.  I want a peaceful happy life but there is always at least one person going out of their way to make my life miserable.

I am just so tired.  And fed up with my family.  The mind games they play . And how they try to blame things on me . I grew up always thinking I was wrong.  And I was to blame.  That mindset needs to change . Nothing chanegs , if nothing changes.

46 minutes ago, goincrazy said:

I am just so tired.  And fed up with my family.  The mind games they play . And how they try to blame things on me . I grew up always thinking I was wrong.  And I was to blame.  That mindset needs to change . Nothing chanegs , if nothing changes.

I grew up in a household where everyone was nuts but they always blamed me for everything so nobody would notice how nuts they were.

Hey there sober.  I'm sorry you grew up in a crazy household , and they never realized just how nuts they were. That totally describes my family . I was always the crazy or nutty one . I hope you hang in there . And stay sober and strong.  You are an inspiration.  I'm sorry for all the crap you have gone through . 

2 minutes ago, goincrazy said:

Hey there sober.  I'm sorry you grew up in a crazy household , and they never realized just how nuts they were. That totally describes my family . I was always the crazy or nutty one . I hope you hang in there . And stay sober and strong.  You are an inspiration.  I'm sorry for all the crap you have gone through . 

I will stay sober.  I've been very moody lately but that's because that life that I've always wanted is right around the corner and it scares the hell out of me if I'm being honest.  When I decided to get sober it was because I had a life in mind that I felt was worth fighting for but I never really thought I could get there but I'm almost there.  My family knew how nuts they were.  That's why they pointed the finger at me.  If everyone was focused on me nobody was paying attention to the rest of them.  We were the family scapegoats.

Hi sober . Congratulations on staying sober . I understand that it's scary . It's scary going into this territory that you have wanted for so long and now it's here.  You deserve a "wonderful life "  a good life.  And yes others have always pointed fingers and tried to cover up the stuff they did .  They always will . Being a scapegoat was my roll in my family.  

Stay sober . Sober. Whatever the future has ahead for you may be scary. That's just life  you will be ok.  I wish you happiness and peace.   (And sobriety ) 

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yes my whole life I've been dealing with those feelings.  There is always someone giving me a reason to have those feelings though.  I want a peaceful happy life but there is always at least one person going out of their way to make my life miserable.

Yes. Me too. On account of other people's behavior I'm going to feel annoyance and irritation, anger and frustration among many other negative emotions. There's no problem to solve there.

What I want to practice is feeling these negativr emotions then let them go rather than dwell on them. Rather than think up ways I'm going to get my retribution or fantasize on misfortunes that could befall them. When I'm doing that behavior  - which I call hating on them - I'm giving them free space in my head that they don't deserve. 

I am trying to figure out what's so wrong with me.  I mean I know I am messed up.  But even other friends irl are jacked up and they seem happier than me , and they are pretty shady people . What am I doing wrong.  To bad life doesn't have a manual or a book for dummies . Like me. 

1 hour ago, goincrazy said:

But even other friends irl are jacked up and they seem happier than me , and they are pretty shady people .

fwiw, if it's any help, comparing my insides to others' outsides remains something I have to watch.  That'll put me right in the hole.

Edited by MarkintheDark

It seems like every time I see a vehicle with a thing that says how's my driving call whatever number the driver is usually a worse driver than anyone else I see that day.  It's like they have that on their vehicle as a sick joke or something.

9 hours ago, watalife said:

Is sugar the main cause of weight? I know people who have stopped sugar and lost a lot. I've gained 20 lbs from sugar 

Salt and sugar are both the worst things for weight gain.  Of course the things that are high in those things are the best tasting but they are both very addictive.  It's impossible to eat just one chip or just one cookie at least for me.

Edited by sober4life

12 hours ago, watalife said:

Is sugar the main cause of weight? I know people who have stopped sugar and lost a lot. I've gained 20 lbs from sugar 

I got to a point where I was drinking sugary drinks everyday, eating lots of candy and ice cream last year and I was at my highest weight ever. I've switched to diet drinks, hardly have candy/ice cream anymore and I've lost a lot of weight. As an aside, losing the weight also cleared up my psoriasis. I think sugar was definitely my biggest issue.

20 hours ago, watalife said:

Eating more calories than you burn is the main cause of weight gain. There are exceptions due to medical conditions, this is just a general rule. 

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

You love animals so I think you should get a job where you can take care of animals.  

After today i don't know that I love animals. :no: can't I get an animal that doesn't have a problem ☹