The Post Anything Thread #3

Why does one of these "Romans" have a Scottish accent :closedeyes:  props to the dude playing Caesar however , he managed to make him sound suitably up himself though :nod: , Cicero is all "look at me I know big words and can speak greek" :laugh: and Mark Antony is like "PAAAAAARTY DUDE!" 

Has anyone seen the movie ‘into the wild’ ?? anyway it’s about a guy that drops out of college, takes a backpack full of stuff and just leaves town. leaves his family, his friends. doesn’t tell anyone where he is. He lives off the land for a year, moving from mexico to alaska. camping in the wild and getting odd jobs here and there. just on the go, completely free, and spontaneous. that’s what I want tobe doig right now... just dissappear off the face of the earth

4 hours ago, Soarsie18 said:

Has anyone seen the movie ‘into the wild’ ?? anyway it’s about a guy that drops out of college, takes a backpack full of stuff and just leaves town. leaves his family, his friends. doesn’t tell anyone where he is. He lives off the land for a year, moving from mexico to alaska. camping in the wild and getting odd jobs here and there. just on the go, completely free, and spontaneous. that’s what I want tobe doig right now... just dissappear off the face of the earth

I've seen it. I'm not sure that fits you. He was an extremist. Not a very happy ending, either. You're bright and in a temporary mudpit. 

My two cents. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Soarsie18 said:

That's my plans.  It's the only way I will have peace.  I won't do it for just a year.  Maybe forever.  I could survive homeless forever if I had to do it.

@sober4life

I honestly will do it at some point in my life - just move away and star over again.

I don't think it's a bad idea honestly, sometimes you've got to do things for yourself, I couldn't bare to be stuck in a monotonous life of just going to work, paying bills etc.

It will be my last resort anyway

Edited by Soarsie18

It's my last resort as well.  Around here there are 2 homeless shelters and churches that serve every meal of the day.  I hate that my life had to be to a point where I know that but if I have to go back to that life I will.

50 minutes ago, Soarsie18 said:

@sober4life

I honestly will do it at some point in my life - just move away and star over again.

I don't think it's a bad idea honestly, sometimes you've got to do things for yourself, I couldn't bare to be stuck in a monotonous life of just going to work, paying bills etc.

It will be my last resort anyway

It's good to move away from home. I think everyone should do it at least once. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It's my last resort as well.  Around here there are 2 homeless shelters and churches that serve every meal of the day.  I hate that my life had to be to a point where I know that but if I have to go back to that life I will.

I know where all the women's shelters are, too, for the same reason, and the benefits offices, etc. I need to work on a better backup plan, though. That can get ugly very quickly. A friend of mine might be moving home within the next few months to a year, so maybe it's going to fall into my lap. I don't know. I'll be okay within 18 months or so, aside from transportation. I just have to get over these medical issues and keep buying furniture. I go to the thrift store for almost everything. Except for the mattress and an area rug. I'm one coffee table, desk, chair, and mattress away from a sparse apartment. Maybe a few dishes, too.

Back right after I was homeless and got an apartment one of my friends I met at the homeless shelter got an apartment in the same building and he furnished his entire apartment with things people threw out and left by the dumpster.  I used to go to the Salvation Army thrift store for my furniture.  Go to them @moodyjuniperthey might know where you can find all of the things you are looking for.  The Salvation Army is amazing!

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

Back right after I was homeless and got an apartment one of my friends I met at the homeless shelter got an apartment in the same building and he furnished his entire apartment with things people threw out and left by the dumpster.  I used to go to the Salvation Army thrift store for my furniture.  Go to them @moodyjuniperthey might know where you can find all of the things you are looking for.  The Salvation Army is amazing!

Thank you! I will try that. 🙂 

I saw a car today with the number plate MMI HMP which had me puzzling over what the hidden meaning of it might be 😏 , does it mean he was in prison in 2001? if so why would you advertise that fact on a car... the mind boggles 😂

My mum is expecting me to make a perfect recovery. Whenever I have a weak moment now, my mum gets annoyed with me, as if she thinks that I'm just doing it for attention now that I'm on meds. Recovery isn't perfect, even when your taking meds, the triggers are still there in your life. I don't think I'll be back to myself until those triggers are gone, and she doesn't seem to understand that. She's acting as if my anti-depressants are these wonderful pills that are going to sort all my problems out, so any odd behaviours or breakdowns now are just me wanting attention or me not trying hard enough. She actually said to me after one of my breakdowns a couple of days ago - stop using depression as your excuse. The depression thing is old now, you can't keep using it as an excuse. She can't see that underneath the medicine, it's still there, and it never went away. 

No amount of talking to her will get her to see things my way, my mum is very stubborn and single minded, she is also a pharmacist so I guess she would think that depression can be cured as quick as just taking pills.

Edited by Soarsie18