20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #3

Lucky Luciano certainly lived up to his nickname, the dude got out of a 30 year jail sentence, a ticket to Sicily and the chance to actually reach old age. 

Edited by hocico

The rest of this month will be a nightmare.  I guess I will really prove how much I want this good life this month.  If I make it to April and I'm still in this house things will probably turn out good but every day this month can completely destroy everything.  I'm so sick of this life.

I miss mom.  Things were so much different when she was here.  We had happy times.  Days to look forward to.  I had someone I could talk to about anything and trust fully.  Now every day is like living in a war zone.  Every day could wipe me off the face of the earth for good and all the people left are people I'm afraid of.  Hell would be a step up from this life.  I would rather burn endlessly than face this life every day.

If you never drank before the age of 40 or so, do you have some leeway if you happen to "discover" it and hit the bottle hard? That is, how much time before the liver goes, or other crucial parts? 5 years? 10 years? And what if there are mitigating factors, like drinking lots of coffee and green tea every day (which are supposed to protect the liver), as well as walking at least an hour daily and doing tough workouts 3-4 times a week?

I'm just asking...

Can't stop thinking about these ants. They're everywhere.  This life is nothing but pure torture. Come on heart attack!

Edited by watalife
Spelling

My catdog (no, not like the cartoon) is about my only persistent comfort right now.  The cooler weather helps, since he's always looking to me to provide him warmth.

And he is a PERSISTENT comfort.  He insists on using my legs as a pillow.  Butt-first prop on my shoulder when I lie down.  He insist on belly-up use of my lap when I'm at my desk, li'l hind legs stretched almost to my face.  And I get a stare-down/meow objection whenever I have to move, even to use the bathroom.  I feel obligated to move him Very Carefully.

Edited by MarkintheDark

8 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

My catdog (no, not like the cartoon) is about my only persistent comfort right now.  The cooler weather helps, since he's always looking to me to provide him warmth.

And he is a PERSISTENT comfort.  He insists on using my legs as a pillow.  Butt-first prop on my shoulder when I lie down.  He insist on belly-up use of my lap when I'm at my desk, li'l hind legs stretched almost to my face.  And I get a stare-down/meow objection whenever I have to move, even to use the bathroom.  I feel obligated to move him Very Carefully.

I feel I need an explanation of the catdog. Lykoi?

15 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I feel I need an explanation of the catdog. Lykoi? 

Oh, not in the least.  Spot's your "typical" shorthair black cat.  He's a rescue.  I surmise he was raised with puppies.  He adores the neighbors' dogs when they're out for a walk, much to the dogs' confusion.  Big wet canine nose checking him out?  No problem.  He'll then revert to "cat" by rubbing up against them to leave his scent.  He despises cats.

He talks a lot...to everyone.  When I come home, he bounds across the yard, "barking."  He's a li'l confused about his tail.  Most cats use it to signal annoyance.  Wellllll, he does that, EXCEPT he wags it whenever I talk to him.  Took me a while and some Google research to figgur that one out.

Edited by MarkintheDark

4 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

Spot's your "typical" shorthair black cat.  He's a rescue.  I surmise he was raised with puppies.  He adores the neighbors' dogs when they're out for a walk, much to the dogs' confusion.  Big wet canine nose checking him out?  No problem.  He'll then revert to "cat" by rubbing up against them to leave his scent.  He despises cats.

He talks a lot...to everyone.  When I come home, he bounds across the yard, "barking."  He's a li'l confused about his tail.  Most cats use it to signal annoyance.  Wellllll, he does that, EXCEPT he wags it whenever I talk to him.  Took me a while and some Google research to figgur that one out.

That is amazing, when I was very young (like 8 or so) my mum came home with a litter of rescued kittens and rabbit kits. They were all raised together for a few weeks before they started getting fostered out. We kept one Cat Bertie. Because he was raised with Bunnies he used to bunny hop, binkie and chin things. Guess it is a similar thing

I don't think I'll see the end of this year....I'm not talking about suicide... Something's wrong with me..I have the distinct feeling that I will be de.ad in the next 6-8 months.

The idea honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest..

Edited by LonelyHiker

7 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

I don't think I'll see the end of this year....I'm not talking about suicide... Something's wrong with me..I have the distinct feeling that I will be de.ad in the next 6-8 months.

The idea honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest..

😞

I couldn't help but notice the absence of hope here. We'd be bothered by it, and your son would, too. 

Could you tell us a bit about what's going on? What's missing in your life to make you feel indifferent about dying?

I hope your day has gotten a bit brighter.

7 minutes ago, moodyjuniper said:

😞

I couldn't help but notice the absence of hope here. We'd be bothered by it, and your son would, too. 

Could you tell us a bit about what's going on? What's missing in your life to make you feel indifferent about dying?

I hope your day has gotten a bit brighter.

Ive been having troubling and ominous symptoms for nearly a year now. Had a bunch of tests done, as well as a colonoscopy.. everything turned up normal. But still having symptoms, so I don't know.

I guess I don't care about dying because, in truth, I think the world is living on borrowed time. And I absolutely dread the planet (and life) my son and his peers are going to inherit. If I could do it over again, I never would have even considered getting married or having children.

Break's over, back to work...

Edited by LonelyHiker

4 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Ive been having troubling and ominous symptoms for nearly a year now. Had a bunch of tests done, as well as a colonoscopy.. everything turned up normal. But still having symptoms, so I don't know.

I guess I don't care about dying because, in truth, I think the world is living on borrowed time. And I absolutely dread the planet (and life) my son and his peers are going to inherit. If I could do it over again, I never would have even considered getting married or having children.

Break's over, back to work...

So, you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, too, huh? I'm sorry you don't feel optimistic. I agree, the world has some changing to do if there's going to be any hope for a future at all. We can only do what we can, right? I haven't completely given up. I take conservatives to task for being so ignorant about the environment, and I take democrats to task about being so naive about immigration and so self-loathing about their own culture. No one thinks outside of their little boxes anymore, but I still try to pry them open. I don't make many friends this way. I'm sick of politics anyway. Too much for me to manage anymore.

Did you hear any frogs last night?