20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #3

Post anything - anything at all!  Within ToS, anyway! 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, Floor2017 said:

I’m just glad that it was a blessing to someone who have gone through a lot of difficult situations in their life and is living the best life they can after the storms of life passes by 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:12 PM, MarkintheDark said:

Cool weather - finally - means the windows are open and my feline has (manipulative) "let me in" options.  Normally, he'd use the screen porch kitty door.  Instead - clever boy - he meows/yowls helplessly outside my now-open window until I let him in through the porch's people door.  #pwnedbykitty

On 11/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, jeremiah said:

#prouddad

9 hours ago, evalynn said:

I'm feeling really anxious and I want to grab a snack but all the unhealthy things I want to eat to make myself feel better are not in the house. No soda, no chocolate, no chips, nada. I don't feel like going out this late to the store, but I'm just sitting here going nuts! I don't have any other coping mechanisms.

"Knick nack, paddywack, give a dog a bone" keeps running through my head this morning.  I don't know where these songs come from that find their way into your day.  Anyway, the more I play it, the more I realize it would make a great background song for the beginning scenes of a horror movie. 

Sung by a small choir of girls, it's just the sort of juxtaposition that works to highlight the mayhem coming.  Stephen King has of course used this technique to frame his stories, the evil sprouting from the everyday.  So if this song is playing in your head, look out . . .

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
vowel movement

When I was in MacDonald's earlier I noticed the bags said "it's nearly christmas" or something similar to that.

As we are not even in December yet I told the MacDonald's lady I was chatting to that "you're paper bag sits on a throne of lies" ☺️😂

Man I need to watch Elf again soon.. 

I wonder what separates those of us who have low self esteem, don't really believe we are lovable and those who believe they are great?  Just wonderin'

@hocico  Your post made me laugh, thank you :)  And I love the movie Elf!  I can watch it over and over!!

Edited by HeatherG
it's what I do..

14 minutes ago, HeatherG said:

I wonder what separates those of us who have low self esteem, don't really believe we are lovable and those who believe they are great?  Just wonderin'

@hocico  Your post made me laugh, thank you :)  And I love the movie Elf!  I can watch it over and over!!

Aww I am glad it made you laugh :hugs:I love making people laugh and smile :)

Me too such a christmas classic and so funny and sweet at the same time 😂

"And how about another round of Jalapeno poppers for me and my friends."  Have you seen this commercial?  The speaker is in a Disco.  He wears a blue cotton jacket, and a vaguely checked shirt.  Friends fear he's becoming like his father. 

He's presented as a caricature, he's too open.  Funny thing, I've known guys like him lots of times, and I always liked them, and their attitude.  This guy is genuine, gregarious, and introduces himself around the dance floor with a hand shake.  He's only mildly put down in the commercial, and that's good I think.  We can always use more Richie Cunninghams, and less people wanting to be the Fonz. 

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

How do you help someone that doesn’t know they need help?

It’s so sad that there are so many people in this world that needs help but doesn’t realize they do.  

It leaves their love ones vulnerable and at a state of feeling helpless because you cannot do anything about it.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:00 PM, Floor2017 said:

How do you help someone that doesn’t know they need help?

It’s so sad that there are so many people in this world that needs help but doesn’t realize they do.  

It leaves their love ones vulnerable and at a state of feeling helpless because you cannot do anything about it.

I think you answered your own question.  My elderly mother's a case in point.  Struggled for years with mental health issues for which she refused to seek treatment (b/c it's "shameful" for her generation to even admit there's a problem), despite my prodding and even anger.  Can't do a thing about her.  But what I can do is maintain MY boundaries with, frankly, no regard for what her crazy reaction might be.

I think it is more about the "hows" than the "whats" that are really important.

Whats - accomplishments, possessions, looks, performance, income, health, knowledge (what we have)

Hows - endurance, perseverance, kindness, gentleness, grace, love, forgiveness, gratitude (how we live)

I really have a habit of making things more complicated and stressful than they should be.

I spent hours yesterday looking at brisket recipes for our dinner party tonight. Finally decided on one, and went to the store with my husband to pick up the ingredients. They had one kind of brisket and I didnt' think it was the right one. So we went to two more grocery stores, neither of which had any brisket. So I ended up buying a different meat, but I was afraid the recipe wouldn't come out the same. Then today I realized I forgot another ingredient so we went to the first store again. My husband asked if I wanted the brisket there, so we got it. So I finally got everything, but I ended up putting it all in the crockpot an hour behind schedule.  No biggie I guess, typing it all out now, but I was so stressed out during the entire process -- driving all over the place last night, worrying about how the food would come out, and worrying about getting any sleep.

Speaking of sleep, I've been back to my nocturnal schedule. So I had to take some sleeping pills last night. I actually fell asleep at a reasonable hour, but I was back up by 4 am and stayed awake for hours after that. Now my body is terribly achy and feels run down. My husband is doing all the cleaning up, but I still have to make latkes in a few hours, not to mention entertain when my sister and her husband get here. So I just hope that I feel better by then. Or at least don't feel any worse!

Here's hoping. 🤞🏽

It amazes me how awful people are.  The people I know don't care about the pain I'm going through.  Their attitude is oh god I hope I'm not one of the ones that has to talk to her about her mom.  They avoid me like I'm contagious and force me to go through this on my own.

Hmmm of all the people I've met in my life I can honestly say that 3 people are genuine and whom i can trust. All the other so-called friends didn't give a fcuk when i reached out for help. The rest didn't acknowledge me at least by saying  'I'm sorry i can not help you' something anything! 

In their internal world of pretense do they not realize how I perceive them now. Whilst compared to before I thought they were genuine in their being.

How I live a wondrous life of believing that people are inherently good but only to be struck down by reality.... 

How forgetful and naive I am to this world of misgiving people

Or is it me who expects too much from the world, too much from people

I wonder how much obsessive cleaning I can do.  I'm desperately trying to get control of an out of control life so I'm throwing away things and cleaning.  It's not very smart to do this when I'm manic but even I can't get control of myself.

37 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I wonder how much obsessive cleaning I can do.  I'm desperately trying to get control of an out of control life so I'm throwing away things and cleaning.  It's not very smart to do this when I'm manic but even I can't get control of myself.

Hang in there my friend and try not to throw away things you might regret later.  I’m praying for you to soon be able to get this manic spell under control so that you can begin to enjoy the rest of your life