A New Look Read more... ×
20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #3

Dammit! I got surprised by a little girl selling Girl Scout Cookies and I hesitated too long and then I felt like I had to buy some to not make her feel sad, so now I have these girl scout cookies I should not eat because I'm on a diet. And I just told my husband not to buy me chocolates for Valentine's day so he's going to think I'm nuts. And they're Thin Mints which he hates, so it's not like I can give them to him. Gah! *fast forward to 24 hours for now and I'm scarfing down a whole box of Thin Mints and feeling ashamed.*

Kitty's doing what I call his In-N-Out Burger.  Plaintiff meow to be let in thru the people door, a kradled karry to the kibble (upright, if you please, facing portside), back out his own kitty door, repeat several minutes later...then repeat.  So happy the manipulative li'l sh#t finds me useful.

Edited by MarkintheDark

When someone pays me a compliment, I think "That's just one more person I've fooled."

When I receive one bit of criticism from any person, I think "This one is on to me."

Can I believe both about the same person? Oh, you betcha. Only in the wacky world of depression.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Epictetus said:

Its amazing how complex everything is. 

Yes. Is this why we're attracted to reductive thinking and explanations, do you think? 

I'm gonna start a rock group. We'll be called the CanCant's. Our material will entirely consist of covers where every can or do within the lyrics is changed to a can't or don't, and vice versa. I Can Get Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones for example, or even I Have Got Time For The Pain as opposed to I Haven't by Carly Simon.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, evalynn said:

There's no greater feeling of loneliness than realizing the person beside you doesn't emotionally fulfill you at all.

How do you compensate for your emotional loneliness when the other person beside you don’t full fill your loneliness 

I can’t stand reading anything about astrology given that my zodiac sign is so deeply boring and all around lame. The topic has triggered depression at times. My goddamn psychologist revealed himself to be a believer in the zodiac a few weeks ago. Since I worship the ground he walks on I was quite dismayed to find this out. That man will always be a mystery to me. 

Squeeze, your post made me laugh right out loud. If my therapist started spewing that astrology crap at me, I'd throw a box of Kleenex at her. Astrology: the art of thinly disguising fabricated bullsh:t as quasi-scientific research for the purpose of confusing and depressing any poor slob who makes the mistake of reading it. My sign is Sadittarius. 👍

Edited by Tearz

I have very little appreciation for the aesthetics of things or people, unless there is a concrete purpose, but I want the people around me to appreciate the way I look. I don’t really care, it doesn’t flatter me to hear it, nor do I feel particularly validated by the praise. I think perhaps it is because I know they will likely never understand my mind or find a way to value what I believe are the best parts of me, so allowing them to value me in a way that is meaningful to them is my best course toward acceptance.

4 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

How do you compensate for your emotional loneliness when the other person beside you don’t full fill your loneliness 

I only feel like that sometimes. Like maybe 30% of the time. It's hard to tell when I'm overreacting or if I'm right when he hurts my feelings or frustrates me.