arboria's "What Are You Reading?" Thread, Part Two

Popular protest in late medieval towns by Samuel K Cohn

(of course they had to have that famous illustration? of Wat Tyler being struck down on the dustjacket didnt they 😂)

Edited by hocico

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Started reading "The Sword of  Truth" series by Terry Goodkind again. I was a bit devasted to hear of his sudden passing a short time ago. I'm convinced I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his books because when I was in my darkest times they were the only thing that could distract my mind from the demons. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vampire Hunter Volume 29 - I don't ever expect anything groundbreaking from this series but it's a comfort read. This volume might be the only one I've disliked. Irritating supporting characters and dumb logic throughout.

The Gooseberry - a book from my tween years that I always thought was set in Australia but it's actually in the UK. It's my toilet read. I'm on page 48.

You all ready some pretty heady and/or serious stuff for fun. I'm not a big reader for fun. Most of what I read is either computer engineering for work stuff or automobile mechanical repair and racing stuff for fun. I have read a few vampire, werewolf, other, trashy series that were fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Roman Battle Tactics 109BC–AD313

"Ave Claudius" "Ave Metellus"

"So it looks like the barbarian scum wants to fight today" "Yes so it does" 

"Hmm well I was thinking Triple Acies with our right flank secured by that convenient river and our left flank screened by some  of the amateurs.. sorry I mean Auxiliary cavalry"

😂

Edited by hocico