20YearsandCounting

arboria's "What Are You Reading?" Thread, Part Two

Let us know what you are reading right now - anything at all! 

For my part, it's 'The Plague Forge' by Jason M. Hough, in his 'Dire Earth' series - scifi, dystopia, zombies, action - this series has it all!

Here's what some others are reading:

On 11/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, hocico said:

Stand and deliver, the history of the highwayman 

On 11/22/2018 at 6:33 PM, ChopinLover said:

“The Younger Next Year Back Book” by Chris Crowley and Jeremy James.

On 11/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, hocico said:

Finished the previous one,

The Korean war 1950-1953

14 minutes ago, Mark250 said:

The new Stephen King book, Elevation.

The defense of Madrid by G Cox (published 1937)

The author, Geoffrey Cox, was the News Chronicle correspondent in Madrid in the period October-December 1936 during the Spanish Civil War.

I'm listening to the audiobook of A Court of Thorns and Roses.

I was really interested at first and now I'm bored. Maybe because I'm not really into romances, maybe because this is full to the brim with tropes. Reads kind of like a long fanfic or a novelized manga. Also the heroine is the Mary-est of Mary Sues. She taught herself to use a bow and swim by "watching others" and now she's teaching herself to read (even though the handsome and mysterious High Lord Fairy is willing to teach her). Wow! Bleh.

I'm 6 hours in and there's still 5 hours left, I dunno if I'll finish it.

As for reading, I borrowed a For Dummies book about Canadian finances from the library.

I’ve been reading The Grapes Of Wrath for about six months now.  I’m finally near the end. I’ve only managed to read three books in tiny increments over the past year because my attention span suddenly shriveled up and died toward the end of 2017 after my second set of ECT treatments. I haven’t had too much trouble with memory since then which is supposed to be typical, but my ability to concentrate nosedived.