What Really Bugs You #8

Gum Chewers... people who chew gum and then when they are done with it they throw it in the waste paper basket  without wrapping it in a tissue or a small piece of paper.. or the wrapper that it came in (or worse when it ends up on floor, rug or the sidewalk.). There is no concern that this is just a giant spit ball of Wrigley's or Big Red.  It's so rude, ill mannered and a blatant disregard for the environment and the people around them.... or people they don't know because it's on the sidewalk where someone stepped on it.... 

Anyway... that's my rant for the day...

• 2 weeks later...

Society bugs me because it’s not fair. It feels like the odds are stacked against you and the one size fits all rule system is broken and mad at best

I mean look at the legal system for example in America if someone robs you and you defend yourself, it’s fair game but in the UK they’d arrest you. In America you pick up a baseball bat and wave it around and you get shot by a cop but in the UK you’d just get arrested, people can steal money from you or scam you and they don’t want to know. Companies in the UK can open as many businesses as they like and change the name and ring up huge debts and walk away without any come back and its legal. You go to apply for work and they favoured people with qualifications and no skill fresh out college yet if you didn’t have school due to bullying they will never return your call Or application even though you could run rings around any of those college kids with the knowledge and skills you have and it’s madness and it’s stuff like that, that bugs me  and I’ve experienced corruption and your average joe on the street just doesn’t have a clue what goes on behind closed doors. I don’t like living a society that I don’t agree with but I don’t have much choice

3 hours ago, TeddyRick said:

Society bugs me because it’s not fair. It feels like the odds are stacked against you and the one size fits all rule system is broken and mad at best

I mean look at the legal system for example in America if someone robs you and you defend yourself, it’s fair game but in the UK they’d arrest you. In America you pick up a baseball bat and wave it around and you get shot by a cop but in the UK you’d just get arrested, people can steal money from you or scam you and they don’t want to know. Companies in the UK can open as many businesses as they like and change the name and ring up huge debts and walk away without any come back and its legal. You go to apply for work and they favoured people with qualifications and no skill fresh out college yet if you didn’t have school due to bullying they will never return your call Or application even though you could run rings around any of those college kids with the knowledge and skills you have and it’s madness and it’s stuff like that, that bugs me  and I’ve experienced corruption and your average joe on the street just doesn’t have a clue what goes on behind closed doors. I don’t like living a society that I don’t agree with but I don’t have much choice

Are you talking about any particular case in the UK? Yeah, you'll no doubt get arrested if you seriously injure or **** someone as you should, whether or not charges are brought is another thing. Defend yourself, go for it. Biggest profile case we had was a guy who said he was defending himself by shooting a guy in the back as he was running away, that isn't self-defence...

That sounds a bit like Trump actually, he's had a few bankruptcies in his time eh? Yeah, it's balls.

Sometimes feel like that myself. Forever seeing people in positions and wondering how the hell they got there. I wish employers took a different approach. Academia, interviews are absolutely no reflection of anyone's ability to do a job. 

1 hour ago, RichW said:

I wish employers took a different approach. Academia, interviews are absolutely no reflection of anyone's ability to do a job.

Agreed!!  

Too often the applicant who gets the job is the one who is best at interviewing -- not the one who would best perform the work itself.  

• 2 weeks later...

The protestors that want freedom and to lift up quarantine. People who deny this pandemic and claim it as a hoax. I get people don’t have jobs and it’s tough being at home all the time, but if you want this gone, then don’t go out of your way with groups of people and potentially spread it to your friends and family in the process. It’s truly not worth it.

I don't believe it's a hoax.  There are way too many people involved for this to be a hoax.  I think most people can understand that.  The problem is they know they live in a world that is capable of it.  Let's be honest when we wake up in the morning and turn on the news there's no such thing as a story that will shock us anymore in this world and every conspiracy theory anyone can come up with our first thoughts are yeah I can see that happening no matter what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Being given misleading information and being criticized for acting on it as I was told to do so.

Not being able to find/use the tools that I seem to need for the task I need to do.

Not knowing what I feel that I should know.  

Being bitched at for asking a relevant question.

The low-flying helicopter circling my neighborhood, causing vibrations that rattle the pictures on my wall and set off car alarms. 

Amplified police voices barking orders. 

Though I realize it's more dangerous to be outside after curfew, I still feel sort of unsafe right here in my own home. 😨

On 6/4/2020 at 1:38 AM, Atra said:

The low-flying helicopter circling my neighborhood, causing vibrations that rattle the pictures on my wall and set off car alarms. 

Amplified police voices barking orders. 

Though I realize it's more dangerous to be outside after curfew, I still feel sort of unsafe right here in my own home. 😨

Authority figures suck.

How people who post on GlassDoor about interviews will write something like "It was a really easy interview. The questions were all simple". It is not at all helpful, and in my experience is usually not accurate. Let me know which damn questions they asked!

Facebook. I put it away for years and recently returned because it is the most convenient way to get news about friends I can't meet during quarantine. 

So what did I learn? That most of my friends and family are insufferable when they post on Facebook.

Did I really need this confirmed?

I don't have friends in real life so what's the point of having a facebook account.  It's funny how when you make an account everyone from your life even people you haven't seen and don't remember the name of from your first grade class will ask to be friends.  In real life I can go to hell.