What Really Bugs You #8

39 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

Prescription drug commercials.  

The worst one is the COPD commercial with the wolf.  It's so sickening.  They are basically making fun of people that can't breathe and this is how they try to sell their product!

13 minutes ago, sober4life said:

The worst one is the COPD commercial with the wolf.  It's so sickening.  They are basically making fun of people that can't breathe and this is how they try to sell their product!

Yeah I've seen that one.  And they always say things like "don't take Symbicort if you are allergic to Symbicort".  Well, duh! haha.    

They have commercials because they know their products won't sell well otherwise because they aren't very good.  If everyone is happy in the commercial it must make me happy.  Blah blah blah.  In real life there isn't any room on earth where everyone is happy!

On 7/17/2019 at 6:42 PM, AloneGuy said:

Prescription drug commercials.  

I always thought the ones where the woman had an STD and was clearly in an intimate relationship with a man were wrong, same for vice versa.

Liars.

When you know what's wrong with you but you start reading articles online that convince you it could be something else so you try to figure out how to see a doctor.

And all the local walk-in clinics are too expensive and inconvenient so you call your doctor.

Who is on vacation. But you can get another doctor in the practice. But when you call back they're on lunch break. You call back and get the appointment, and it's at the most inconvenient time but they're squeezing you in, so what can you do?

Appointment goes fine and doctor confirms what you originally thought and tells you he's going to put in the prescription right away. Only he doesn't. And the nurse you talk to the next day doesn't know why because he didn't leave a note in the chart.

But then the prescription goes through and you know this only because your pharmacy app lets you know it's out of stock, with no information about how long it will take to come in...

so you order what you were going to originally order on Amazon to be delivered tomorrow because you're too insanely anxious to go around calling new pharmacies and trying to get there on 2 hours sleep.

So basically you could have saved yourself time, money, and headaches by just ordering your stuff at Amazon to begin with. Days ago. 😑

Oh, update! I just pushed the "submit reply" button and I hear a text message on my phone. Walgreen says my prescription is now ready! Now that I probably can't cancel my online order and I still don't want to go to the store now...hahahahahahaha.

I don't have an iota of "hunter" spirit in me.  My next door neighbor, who was just released from prison has taken up a new hobby.  He is firing BBs at all the birds in the neighborhood.  I used to hear a lot of birds singing by my house and now it is so quiet.  :huh:

When someone says they'll pray for me.  (And I'll try not to be too cynical here.)

I'm agnostic...and, frankly, find that phrase presumptuous and offensive.  Even well before gay-bashing churches, I'd already had problems with religious institutions, one of which shielded the pederast who molested me in high school.

What I've often found is that those who say they'll pray for me are self-righteous and smug about being religious.  In my experience, many of them believe themselves superior and therefore qualified to judge me.  Classic passive-aggressive, imo.  Apparently they believe they have a private line to God and that, IF I chose to pray, I'd need THEIR help to be heard.  Really?  You're THAT special?

I have a cousin like that.  She told me she'd pray for me from a thousand miles away as Hurricane Irma approached a couple years ago.  How nice.  As we were making preps, she didn't have to lift a finger.  Her family had the resources to evacuate my elderly mother and only did so once I got nasty with them.  I was left without power for a week afterwards and the venom in her texts just dripped resentment - nary a word of concern for my well-being - that I'd actually insisted she help her elderly aunt who they then dumped on a plane even before we knew whether her power would be restored.  I blocked the woman after that.

So, no, don't pray for me.  And if you feel you must, I don't wanna hear you broadcast it.

Edited by MarkintheDark

One side of my family prays before each meal.  It was the family that left me and mom to die for 20 years and showed up right at the end like hyenas.  It's so hard not to off myself right now every time I think of family.  I desperately need love and support from them but just thinking of them makes me want to jump from the highest building in town.

Edited by sober4life

Does my car door really have to keep dinging until I close it?  Am I going to walk away and leave it open forever?  If I'm that stupid here's the keys get in and run me over right now and put me out of my misery.  Does the microwave have to keep beeping after the food is cooked?  If I just cooked something and can't remember that I did I'm in serious trouble.  It's a miracle I was able to find the food and the microwave in the first place.

I hate people, especially public figures, who say 'shocking' and 'outrageous!' things to get a rise out of people. It gets tiresome. Especially when they roll their eyes at those they offend for being offended when the entire point was to offend them.

People who don't know how to apologize, or, who apologize "for" me.  "Im sorry if I offended, but . . . " then on to why it was right to offend you.  How about, just you apologizing for what you've done that you thinks needs an apology, and I'll do the same.  I'll apologize for what I feel I've done or said that I recognize was wrong or rude, and you do the same.  No more "fake" apologies!

I changed my plans and went along with everyone else today just to be part of the gang and sociable. I just went along and did what they wanted even though we had agreed to do something completely different beforehand.  I ask for one thing for myself, no biggie, just a little favour.

Did I get it from them? Course not. I obviously didn't lie down flat enough today for them to walk over.

I'm angry this evening. I'm not listened to. Dismissed. Unsupported.  Disrespected. Taken for granted. 

Ugh. Perhaps I should have said no from the start. I just didn't want to miss out or be unsociable I guess. 

At this point I do want to be unsociable.  I'm tired of trying to fit in when it's impossible.  I'm tired of trying to enjoy myself around people when it's impossible.  People pretend to like me long enough to get what they want and then move on.  If I died here people wouldn't find me for months.  I'm tired of trying to figure out why people don't care about me.  I don't get support either at all.  I'm alone in this world and always will be.

I'd like to have a couple IRL friends that I could do things with that my sister and husband aren't into it. People who are into the same things as me, and either awkward/shy like me or super outgoing so I can let them dominate the conversation (these are the type who seem to be attracted to me lol). I need to get over my intense social anxiety, but I don't think I can at this point.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, Bulgakov said:

People who don't know how to apologize, or, who apologize "for" me.  "Im sorry if I offended, but . . . " then on to why it was right to offend you.  How about, just you apologizing for what you've done that you thinks needs an apology, and I'll do the same.  I'll apologize for what I feel I've done or said that I recognize was wrong or rude, and you do the same.  No more "fake" apologies!

I recognise a lot of this. I certainly agree that there are fake apologies which are used to placate the victim rather than a genuine plea for forgiveness. And I've noticed when it comes to forgiveness, more often than not, there's an entitlement to it. Most people don't ask for it, they demand it.