20YearsandCounting

What Really Bugs You #8

Restarting this great thread!  Let us know what really bugs you -  whatever it is, large or small!

On 9/22/2018 at 8:57 AM, Floor2017 said:

People, who think they are better than you and try to look down upon you for no reason

at all other than just being Low Down Dirty.  It really get's under my skin

On 9/22/2018 at 9:49 AM, Natasha1 said:

I agree @Floor2017  and theres a never a need for that. Ugh.

8 minutes ago, Mark250 said:

Losing one sock. 

The other sock almost feels like it's mocking me.

52 minutes ago, SpiralingMind said:

insomnia

That. It's after 4am. 

Also, people who stand in doorways because they're leaving but they're really not leaving because they're just saying a quick goodbye or checking their phone or reading a menu or getting something out of a bag or suddenly not sure what to do with themselves or contemplating their last bowel movement or whatever it is it'll just a second and they don't think it's rude and they are certainly not being That Person but clearly they are and I should just... what, wait? For how long before I bite you on your scalp?

Also I don't like clamshell packaging. 

🤬

1 hour ago, Atra said:

That. It's after 4am. 

Also, people who stand in doorways because they're leaving but they're really not leaving because they're just saying a quick goodbye or checking their phone or reading a menu or getting something out of a bag or suddenly not sure what to do with themselves or contemplating their last bowel movement or whatever it is it'll just a second and they don't think it's rude and they are certainly not being That Person but clearly they are and I should just... what, wait? For how long before I bite you on your scalp?

Also I don't like clamshell packaging. 

🤬

I don’t like being served cold food at a restaurant when I’m paying for a good meal and I have waited almost a hour or longer to eat 

When you go to a restaurant and order the exact same dishes you did last time, and they don't taste good like last time. What a disappointment! I don't know if they changed chefs or recipes, but it makes me not want to go back again. 😕 

People who show off by being rude and huffy and belittling to cashiers or store employees. That’s rankled me since I was a little boy. My mom has always been  patient in situations when someone like that screws up, or isn’t sure about something. I’ve learned to be the same way.

Cable TV used to be commercial-free and now it is almost all full of commercials . . . and the same for satellite TV.   Neither is cheap either.  I remember when early cable television offered itself as a commercial free experience.  This is what was paid for.  How things change.

18 minutes ago, Paris43 said:

what bugs me these days is dealing with my family--everything seems to be so stressful lately when I am around my family...

The next time you go around them analyze 

them and in your mind laugh 😂 at them 

because you wouldn’t want to be them

anymore than they want to be you.  

The Playing Field   is equal but they don’t 

realize it because they are too much trying 

to analyze you  

You really get to know people when you go through hard times.  Everyone avoids you and leaves you for dead until they think you are done grieving.  Nobody offers any condolences of any kind.  They run across the street if they see you coming.  They could care less about the pain I'm going through.  They just don't want to deal with an awkward situation.  Poor them.

Posted (edited)

As Atra, same people who stand in doorways also leave their shopping carts in mid aisle, then forget anything exists except the product they're transfixed by.

Loud people anywhere.  If I wanted to hear your casual conversation with you phone or shopping partner . . . well, I wouldn't. 

People who can't stop talking about nothing to the cashier while you wait to check out. 

Yippie dogs. 

When I bite the inside of my mouth. 

When you bite the inside of my mouth. 

The inability to use the simple past tense of "see".  It's "saw". 

Convicts on TV who end each sentence with "You know what I'm sayin'"  As a character in a movie said recently, "Yeah, I woke up today and speak English, so . . . "

As mentioned, elitism.  The use of "seen" for "saw" as said, does bug me, but I'd never make a judgement of any kind from it.  I had a  teacher once who told me, "You can make all the value judgements you want, as long as you're aware you're making them."

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

Yes I do hate when people leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle.  I got mad about that a couple of days ago and crashed my cart into their cart on purpose to knock it out of the way.  That got their attention.