Self-Love Thread

MaepleSyrup

From the time that I have joined these forums, I have seen that many of us either struggle or don't hold any love or value towards ourselves because of the internal battle we are constantly fighting. Depression is hard- we all can admit that. And it's especially hard when we bring hate or disgrace upon ourselves: the only person we truly have at the end of the day. The only person we've known our entire darn lives. While it can be difficult, we all should try giving a little love towards ourselves each day. We certainly deserve it. We've made it this far, and we all should be proud of ourselves for making it to the next day, despite the struggles we currently face.

Make this a challenge- everyday, you should try to either reward, give, or do something for yourself that you would enjoy or love. Maybe that's treating yourself to your favorite coffee place, buying something nice for yourself, or maybe even gift yourself with a lazy, relaxing, stress-free day. Anything that you either love doing or would simply make you happy, whether small or big, you should try to do that for yourself. Make YOURSELF happy- love yourself. That's the goal here.

Pehaps even complimenting yourself could make you happy, too. Try going the entire day with ONLY compliments towards yourself- no insults or bringing yourself down. Remind yourself of your favorite traits or little things about yourself.

Like I said, I know it might be hard but that is why it's a challenge. Maybe if you make it a week or even a month, take the day off and just do whatever you enjoy most :)

We all deserve a little self-love and positivity :D Feel free to share your progress or experiences in the discussion!

This is so true and necessary to our health. I work at checking in with myself to see if I'm treating me like I would a very, good best friend or a small, sweet child. I work at not using should's or could have's, excepting my limitations, and not expecting too much. I try to see the progress I have made and acknowledge it. it takes work yet it is worth it to be your own good, best friend especially since you are around yourself all the time. Also, it is something we do have control over.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:01 AM, MaepleSyrup said:

From the time that I have joined these forums, I have seen that many of us either struggle or don't hold any love or value towards ourselves because of the internal battle we are constantly fighting. Depression is hard- we all can admit that. And it's especially hard when we bring hate or disgrace upon ourselves: the only person we truly have at the end of the day. The only person we've known our entire darn lives. While it can be difficult, we all should try giving a little love towards ourselves each day. We certainly deserve it. We've made it this far, and we all should be proud of ourselves for making it to the next day, despite the struggles we currently face.

Make this a challenge- everyday, you should try to either reward, give, or do something for yourself that you would enjoy or love. Maybe that's treating yourself to your favorite coffee place, buying something nice for yourself, or maybe even gift yourself with a lazy, relaxing, stress-free day. Anything that you either love doing or would simply make you happy, whether small or big, you should try to do that for yourself. Make YOURSELF happy- love yourself. That's the goal here.

Pehaps even complimenting yourself could make you happy, too. Try going the entire day with ONLY compliments towards yourself- no insults or bringing yourself down. Remind yourself of your favorite traits or little things about yourself.

Like I said, I know it might be hard but that is why it's a challenge. Maybe if you make it a week or even a month, take the day off and just do whatever you enjoy most 🙂

We all deserve a little self-love and positivity :D Feel free to share your progress or experiences in the discussion!

Thanks, my friend and I will try much harder to do things that will make my life just a little bit better than the day before.  After all if we don’t pat ourselves on the back every now and then we might not receive one at all.