The little things

Lorax

Driving home tonight my mind was wandering to all sorts of different things, that at first seemed random and disconnected. Then I realized it was the things I missed the most about not having someone who I feel close with anymore. Just little things like getting a call or text just because they wanted to say hi. Climbing into bed next to her, trying not to wake her up but secretly hoping she will. Deciding at two in the morning to hop in the car and drive to the beach. It could be countless things that to most people seem as just common or little things. 

But one of the most important things I have learned from this depression is that the little things aren't so little. 

Edited by Lorax

11 hours ago, Lorax said:

Driving home tonight my mind was wandering to all sorts of different things, that at first seemed random and disconnected. Then I realized it was the things I missed the most about not having someone who I feel close with anymore. Just little things like getting a call or text just because they wanted to say hi. Climbing into bed next to her, trying not to wake her up but secretly hoping she will. Deciding at two in the morning to hop in the car and drive to the beach. It could be countless things that to most people seem as just common or little things. 

But one of the most important things I have learned from this depression is that the little things aren't so little. 

Very mindful observation. 😊 The little things really are *everything* in my opinion. They can make you sad when you have loss (boy have I been there) but the good news is they can also bring glimpses of relief and sometimes even joy when you are purposeful about noticing them in your life.  Find the little things that bring your joy...a good cup of coffee, Christmas lights, baking for people, music, collecting shells, a good fire in the firepit....these are a few of mine. Take them and incorporate into your life when you can. Or start new little habits and traditions.