Katahdin

My first post

Seeking advice on the best options for replacing Prozac.  Currently on 40mg and it's not doing much for me.  Have been on it for a year but it seems things are sliding downhill.  

Katahdin

Hi and welcome to the Forums, Katahdin.  It is nice to meet you.

I am so sorry that things are sliding downhill for you.  That's really heartbreaking ! ! !

Celexa is a med that I am on and it has helped me for more than 20 years.  Please do not take this as advice though.  I am unqualified to give advice and my opinion should not be relied upon.  What does the doctor who prescribed the Prozac advise?  Your health is too important not to be in the hands of a licensed physician.  

Hopefully this site will be helpful to you.  It has helped me a lot!  I wish you only the very, very best!  - epictetus

Thank you for the response :)  Doc has had me on Prozac since 2016ish.  First at 20 mg and then at 40 mg.  I've tried Wellbutrin as well.  It may be seasonal as I live in Maine and the winter has hit hard here.  But it still is with me in the summer as well.  I used to have so much energy and now at 55 it seems to be declining to the point of really being alone though I'm married with two teenage sons.  

You and your doctor may want to consider increasing your Prozac dose to 60 mg before giving up on it. Prozac did not work very well for me until I was taking 60 mg each day.

5 hours ago, Katahdin said:

Seeking advice on the best options for replacing Prozac.  Currently on 40mg and it's not doing much for me.  Have been on it for a year but it seems things are sliding downhill.  

Katahdin

Welcome to the forum Katahdin and I hope you and your doctor can soon be on the same page as what is best for you to be your best self ever.  I’m looking forward to hearing from you real soon my friend 

Hi - I have heard Prozac can take ages to work fully. I have had to up to 40mg recently as 20mg was doing nothing. Its so hard to find the right drug and dose.

Good luck in your journey

Geoff

And do not confuse, there are still all sorts of anxiety disorders, which in everyday life are often called "depression", but they are rather not a disease, but a borderline version of the norm.