Floor2017

What are you thankful for this year?

I don't really have the best experiences with thanksgiving, but I'll tag along with your question:

I'm thankful for my wonderful job and it being my escape from the rest of the world at times (sometimes I need some privacy if I'm having a rough day, so I'm thankful for it having closed off room areas or bathrooms). The water there is the best too

I'm thankful for many things but I am thankful for this forum because it helps me and countless others.

Keep your chin up everyone.

The holidays can be oh so stressful.

If you need to unload then unload away.

That's why we are here.

Oscar

I'm thankful my symptoms were in remission, making it possible to join friends on a vacation to Alaska. I'm thankful it wasn't a regrettable disaster like my last vacation.

I'm grateful to my family of origin for coping when they needed me and I couldn't be there for them.

Also thankful for my found family - friends, mental health people and communities like this one - who've helped me to see the distinction between being a man suffering from mental illness and someone living with mental illness.

This has not been a very good year for me, with my awful accident in March and spending so much time and energy trying to get better physically, only to be sidelined again by depression. 

But I am very thankful for the friends who saw me through this hellish time and are still with me. And I am especially thankful that I am finishing the year strong and happy. I know I am lucky that everything didn’t turn out much, much worse for me.

ChopinLover