Hi there

I have depression with extreme constant anxiety to the extent that the anxiety makes me feel horribly nauseous. Like 24/7 nauseous. But I can’t throw up. If anyone else’s anxiety is this bad, do you have any suggestions for relieving the nausea? In desperation earlier I tried bicarb (baking soda) but that didn’t really help. Most grateful for all opinions and feedback please!

I am so sorry that you are struggling with depression and anxiety and that it leads to nausea. I have felt that way at times. I take tums for most of my stomach discomfort.  Are you sure your nausea is due to the anxiety only? Have you been to a doctor to see if it is not something else that is causing your nausea? Did you start a new medication for the depression? When I first went on my depression medication, it caused me nausea because it was too high of a dose.  It was actually a funny situation because I thought I was pregnant with all that nausea, but later found out it was a side affect of the medication being too high of a dose.  Once we regulated my medication, the nausea went away.  I will be praying for you.  God doesn't want us to suffer.  I will be praying for the source of your nausea and that a resolution can happen quickly and you can feel better.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.  Hugs and Blessings. 🤗

Hi Caring

Thank you so much for your kind response. I am on new meds - they change regularly :(

But this anxious nausea has been around a long time.

I will certainly take your advice and get it checked.

Thank you for your prayers. I need them!

God bless

Anna

Hi Anna. Sorry that the anxiety is so acute right now. If you're pretty sure it's causing your nausea and you've had no luck reducing the nausea, I recommend trying to reduce the anxiety with guided meditation. You can download them for free, put them on your music player and listen whenever you have 10 minutes.

I found that the breathing exercises helped me loosen anxiety's grip throughout the day but when anxiety hits crisis level, lowering my body temperature quickly works best. An ice cube in the mouth and one in each hand or a bag of ice behind the neck or atop the head. Ice on the insides of your wrists. Doesn't have to be ice cold water is fine. The reason for doing this is to lower your heart rate, then you can slow your breathing and hopefully control the nausea. 

Hi Atra, thanks so much for your help and advice. Will try that now. Just wondering though about body temperature... I’m actually quite cold and trying to get warm under a wrap. I find that when I feel chilly, there’s a measure of comfort in that. Wonder if there’s any correlation. Thanks again for reaching out. 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:02 PM, Annafairlady said:

Hi there

I have depression with extreme constant anxiety to the extent that the anxiety makes me feel horribly nauseous. Like 24/7 nauseous. But I can’t throw up. If anyone else’s anxiety is this bad, do you have any suggestions for relieving the nausea? In desperation earlier I tried bicarb (baking soda) but that didn’t really help. Most grateful for all opinions and feedback please!

try a beta blocker. those have helped me..they aren't addictive..

Hi Ladysmurf

Thanks so much for responding. I do take betablockers - brand name here Inderal. But they don’t work. Over the past eighteen months I have for some unknown reason developed tolerance to that, as well as every other med I’m on :(