Prozac not working after 8 weeks.

geoff22000

Hi Everyone - Anyone had a decent experience with Prozac 20mg please? Changed over to Prozac 8 weeks ago and still feel terrible. I know its only a small dose but I feel crazy and am worries about increasing and feeling worse.

I am convinced after a long long time on medication it stops working.

Be good to hear some hope out there

Thanks

Geoff

I switched from Zoloft to Prozac earlier this year, and it took over six months for the Prozac to really work. I had started at 10 mg, and it was not until I had been on 60 mg for about three months that I felt it was working well. I also started taking an Omega 3 fish oil supplement, for whatever that's worth.

For me, Prozac didn't start working until I got in the 40-80 mg range. That's just my experience. Even then, it didn't really work all that well, but I was in a very deep, dark pit at that time that hardly any drug would touch, so your millage may vary.

I took a really low dose of Prozac in the beginning, but it did take more than a few weeks to kick in.  Prozac was my first antidepressant and even though I had to get the does upped a few times it worked very well for me for 8 years.   Hope this helps.

I feel you i was taking cymbalta 120 mg Daly and my dr just switch to Prozac I feel bad 😢 but I know after week we will batter and you have to go up to 40 mg Daly I swear you have a nice life but ask your Dr before ‘! Prozac the best  I swear 

Edited by Mando

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, geoff22000 said:

Thanks - I have heard this drug can take ages to work! I have had to up to 40mg as was feeling completely hopeless. Praying something will kick in before Christmas.

Hope you are doing well??

Thanks

Geoff

Yeah, in the case of prozac, the drug either starts working pretty early for an SSRI (as little as 2 or three weeks in for some people) or it takes ages and super high doses, while there are some in between cases it´s usually one of those extremes.