I Just Need Someone To Talk To That Has Anxiety

I'm dealing with some junk right now and am having a serious anxiety relapse but the worst of it is I have no one to talk to that also has anxiety. I've been posting here and on r/Anxiety but never get replies or if I do it's one. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this alone.

I have it and I know how the anxiety can spiral and overwhelm you.   You have to try and break the anxiety by doing things like slowing down and focusing on your breathing.  You can also remind yourself that things can, and do, get better.  Just because something bad happened before doesn’t mean it will happen again. If you can, ask your doctor for an anxiety medication to help you with it.  

Anxiety is the fight or flight response improperly triggered. You may get some relief by trying to burn off the adrenaline with exercise. Of course thats probably the last thing you feel like doing, but it may help. 

Another trick is visualization of a calming scene. Close your eyes and imagine youre on a beautiful beach, listening to the waves, and watching a sailboat in the distance.

Look up progressive muscle relaxation. Tense and relax all of your muscles to find which are knotted up, and learn to be aware of what is tense and to keep them loose. For me its shoulders...tight like a vice.

Try those things....

9 minutes ago, Steveab63 said:

Anxiety is the fight or flight response improperly triggered. You may get some relief by trying to burn off the adrenaline with exercise. Of course thats probably the last thing you feel like doing, but it may help. 

Another trick is visualization of a calming scene. Close your eyes and imagine youre on a beautiful beach, listening to the waves, and watching a sailboat in the distance.

Look up progressive muscle relaxation. Tense and relax all of your muscles to find which are knotted up, and learn to be aware of what is tense and to keep them loose. For me its shoulders...tight like a vice.

Try those things....

Hey, I appreciate the tips to finding some relief 

18 hours ago, dirj67 said:

I'm dealing with some junk right now and am having a serious anxiety relapse but the worst of it is I have no one to talk to that also has anxiety. I've been posting here and on r/Anxiety but never get replies or if I do it's one. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this alone.

Well my friend I looking forward to talking to you as you post and have the best day ever 

12 hours ago, extendedrelease said:

I have it and I know how the anxiety can spiral and overwhelm you.   You have to try and break the anxiety by doing things like slowing down and focusing on your breathing.  You can also remind yourself that things can, and do, get better.  Just because something bad happened before doesn’t mean it will happen again. If you can, ask your doctor for an anxiety medication to help you with it.  

I'm on effexorXR now, was on celexa for years before.

Try asking for something just for the anxiety, like Klonopin or Xanax.  If you get a low dose it can take the edge off the anxiety without any worry about getting hooked on it. Exercise is the best medicine for both depression and anxiety but I know from personal experience that is easier said than done. I hope you are doing better today.

How are you doing today? Wondering if you have a therapist, support group, family or friends you can talk to? Seeking an online support group is great, but from my own experience with debilitating anxiety, seeking help and opening up about my struggles has made a tremendous difference. Having the personal connection with trusted people definitely bonds us and helps the healing. Hope you're doing better today. 

• 1 month later...

You are not alone--I get anxiety and horrible panic attacks, it is like the world around you is spinning and you feel like passing out!! I totally understand...You should ask your doctor about ways to treat these attacks, my doctor gives me Ativan and that always helps me...I hope you find some answers and start feeling better very soon!! 8-]] 

I have anxiety really bad too. I can only get one item from a corner shop and then I hurry out the door. I've noticed I get this 'flushed' feeling and an elevated heart when I go to the counter. It could be due to social anxiety or agoraphobia issues. This means I need the right change so I can leave as soon as is possible, but I'm usually okay if I go somewhere with (example) my mother.  In fact, I cannot say I even notice the nervousness when somebody else is with me, but it's not always practical. Is it?

I normally go out each day by myself to a local Tesco to buy a cup, or a bottle of cold coffee. But I've noticed lately that my stress levels have been put up quite a bit, and what's making this more annoying than it should be, is that social services don't help me any more, which is frustrating. The funny thing is...the building they work in is situated only like 10 minutes from where I live. My former social worker just wasted my time for over 3 years. People like him often treat mentally ill personnel as an "issue" and not an actual human being. That's wrong, but that's what they're like.

I'd also missed out on being in tons of films this year as well, because he said back in 2015 that he could not "justify" funding help for that activity, and yet, they were only able to fund 6 hours of support, so I don't get why he had this attitude. I've got this thing about going by myself to meet people I don't know and because I don't have support now in any capacity, it's rather awkward attempting to do things by myself. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to get too pally with extras and all that through adding them on platforms such as Facebook, as you get quite a lot of backbiters and I think certain people in this industry can be rather immature as well. It's best just to stay strictly professional, as you can get people spreading stories.

• 3 weeks later...