20YearsandCounting

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 2

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I don't think he's ignoring us.  I think he picks and chooses the people he messes with all the time.  Maybe he's a bully and he enjoys seeing the suffering of certain people.

I thought that the other day. How can some people have such a strong faith in god if he ignores everyone. He must just be messing with me and want me to suffer for some reason. Either that or he isn't real

49 minutes ago, Soarsie18 said:

I thought that the other day. How can some people have such a strong faith in god if he ignores everyone. He must just be messing with me and want me to suffer for some reason. Either that or he isn't real

Yes a lot of people have to have faith in god to go on in this life.  For me I need to believe there is no god when I look at the world and at life.  It's much better than believing he's some evil joker messing with people.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yes a lot of people have to have faith in god to go on in this life.  For me I need to believe there is no god when I look at the world and at life.  It's much better than believing he's some evil joker messing with people.

I am with you Sober I would much rather see no God than one who is so sadistic.

I felt funky all day. My mood was low, I was overthinking everything and physically I felt as if every nerve in my body was on edge and I didn't know whether to cry or scream. 

It still kinda feels like my neurotransmitters are out of whack. I dunno what's messin with my think-meats but I hope it passes soon. 

Something I said to a friend earlier this evening came out wrong. Twice. "Are you going to blow up that group of friends you're with?" I was meaning to ask if their drama was concluding but it came out sounding like she's evil. I might have done better to spit a mouthful of hot soup in her face the way she looked at me. Wow. I'll try and fix that tomorrow. 

On 6/25/2019 at 3:07 AM, evalynn said:

It's 3 am and this bird keeps chirping! I've never heard it before and it's kind of annoying.

So often I've told friends that the sound of birds chirping before dawn, to my ears, is obscene.  What I'm trying to convey is that it means the end of the peaceful nighttime hours, the start of blinding daylight and all the sh*t the world is gonna throw at me during the day.

4 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

So often I've told friends that the sound of birds chirping before dawn, to my ears, is obscene.  What I'm trying to convey is that it means the end of the peaceful nighttime hours, the start of blinding daylight and all the sh*t the world is gonna throw at me during the day.

Living here in rural Ohio the roosters always wake you up and they hardly ever actually wait for the sun to come up to start.

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, Atra said:

I felt funky all day. My mood was low, I was overthinking everything and physically I felt as if every nerve in my body was on edge and I didn't know whether to cry or scream. 

It still kinda feels like my neurotransmitters are out of whack. I dunno what's messin with my think-meats but I hope it passes soon. 

Something I said to a friend earlier this evening came out wrong. Twice. "Are you going to blow up that group of friends you're with?" I was meaning to ask if their drama was concluding but it came out sounding like she's evil. I might have done better to spit a mouthful of hot soup in her face the way she looked at me. Wow. I'll try and fix that tomorrow. 

Yep, and then nightjar gets all up in your grill on DF cause she's having a bad day too and she rubs salt into the wound a bit. Sorry Atra, you've been a good friend to me and I hope it will continue. I realise that it's easy to misunderstand someone's true intentions and misinterpret something that is said for so many reasons. You've never given make any reason to doubt you, forgive me, I'm a clumsy oaf sometimes.

Must have been old mercury in retrograde day. Obvs.

Edited by Nightjar

On 6/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, evalynn said:

Why don't I listen to my instincts when they're usually right? 

Then start.  Slow down and think about what you are feeling and why.   It does help.  An old boss of mine said your first guess is usually right. 

Why is there still a minimum wage in 2019. Everyone should get at least 10$ an hour. I cant wait to not have to worry about anything anymore. Food is also going up. A bigmac combo is $7. Do you know how crappy a bigmac is and its small too. i see weight loss in my future. Also by 2040 60% of beef will be made in a lab. Can you imagine the price of beef ?  This is on.my mind. Make it stop lord.  

I'm trying to clear a clog in my sink.  What I'm using ate the fingers off my work gloves and ruined 3 of my towels.  It changed them colors but that stuff can't eat through the clog!  What a joke!

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I'm trying to clear a clog in my sink.  What I'm using ate the fingers off my work gloves and ruined 3 of my towels.  It changed them colors but that stuff can't eat through the clog!  What a joke!

I've done everything I can do.  It makes me so angry but I'm going to have to call a plumber.  I hate having anyone here but if I don't call someone I'm going to be stupid and go well beyond my skill set and make a mess of things.

I made a cobbler using stevia the other day and it came out good. Now I'm looking at banana cake recipes with stevia because we have two really ripe bananas. I'm glad that I can make things without sugar now. I haven't been working out like I should. I might rejoin the gym in the fall, but it rains too much now. 

1 hour ago, iWantRope said:

Don't you find it sad when you can't even trust the people in your own family, like, parents?

Yes.  Mine failed me and then bitched when I called them out for it. 

I am grateful that I got a full week of work plus OT!

2 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Don't you find it sad when you can't even trust the people in your own family, like, parents?

That's my life now I can't trust anyone ever again.

16 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yep, and then nightjar gets all up in your grill on DF cause she's having a bad day too and she rubs salt into the wound a bit. Sorry Atra, you've been a good friend to me and I hope it will continue. I realise that it's easy to misunderstand someone's true intentions and misinterpret something that is said for so many reasons. You've never given make any reason to doubt you, forgive me, I'm a clumsy oaf sometimes.

Must have been old mercury in retrograde day. Obvs.

:hugs:We're all allowed to have bad days. You and me are okay, Nightjar. This isn't the first time I've been called out here on account of a misunderstanding.

Since both you and I felt hurt over ours, I'm very sorry for the hurt I caused you. You've been a good friend to me too. I ask your forgiveness for the boundary I crossed and you have my forgiveness for your reaction to it. 

Misunderstandings gotta be acceptable in our forum family because they happen. Text and emojis don't completely convey nuances, color and flavor. And yeah, i think we gotta be allowed our foul moods. I'm not always the best version of myself here and I dont expect any of you to be either.

Compassion and ❤️ for each other and for ourselves.