Not sure if this goes in depression or anxiety category...I have both.

Lately i have been having more anxiety and depression than normal. Ive also been waking with a headache fairly often. I dont have a history of headaches, though ive had the anxiety and depression for ages. Has anyone else had headaches?

I get them from caffeine/sugar withdrawal. I don't know if your consumption of either has increased lately but it might be worth factoring in whatever you are consuming into the mix.

Hope you get some good responses.

Edited by jeremiah

Sleep apnea. Maybe. You'd need to see a neurologist for that. I did and got a sleep study done, and they said I held my breath several times in the night, and wanted me to get a cpap mask.

(If these things I mention sound dumb, forgive me. I try.)

however, now that I've lost 50 pounds, I don't have to sleep with the mask, and I breathe normal in the night.

This is just my guess, because I went through this for many years, waking with a headache, until I saw the sleep doctor. She said people with sleep apnea awake with headaches.

Just a thought. If that's not it, then I'd say you have some sort of anxiety and stress mixed. To see if you're stressed, check your blood pressure 🙂

I've had daily migraines since I was in the 1st grade. The only thing that touches mine is me taking 3 Advil at a time, but no more than 6 in one day.

I hope you get your sleep/wake headaches under control. I understand totally, they can be painful and annoying.

OR... it could just be the depression and anxiety. I'm not sure what to say. 🙂    Have a good day.

Edited by Jamark8

This is also a good possibility. I had an inconclusive sleep study done years ago, but there was so much chaos at the clinic in the middle of the night, and the room was like 50 degrees, I couldn't sleep. My wife thinks I have it though. I've considered a new study, since you can now do it at home, but I couldn't sleep with a mask on, and there doesn't appear to be any good cure for it. (Lots if shady stuff: frying your throat with lasers and such...) Hasn't been that bad this week...prob just a brain tumor...