20YearsandCounting

Abandonedalways' Questions! Thread Part 2

AbandonedAlways' Questions! Thread, Part 2.....

Answer the last question given, and pose a question of your own....

Be nice and PG.....

Here are the last few questions and answers for inspiration....

https://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/111613-questions/?page=50

On 11/7/2018 at 6:31 AM, jeremiah said:

My three wishes would be as follows:

1. I wish that I could lose three stone.

2. I wish for purpose in my life. 

3. I wish for freedom from the incessant stress in my mind and body.

What would your three wishes be? 

10 hours ago, evalynn said:

1. To be free of my mental illness.

2. To be in a financially comfortable situation

3. To be able to travel

If you had to live in a different country than the one you live in now, where would you go and why?

6 hours ago, jeremiah said:

I would live in Vancouver, Canada, close to my hero, Eckhart Tolle and be one of his disciples.

He would give me important tasks to complete and I could switch off my brain and be safe in the knowledge that I'm doing things for the good of humanity. I would attend regular meetings with him and others where I would become more and more tuned in to the spiritual side of things...

One caveat, my cat would have to come too!! And I would need someone to hold my hand on the plane. I get very anxious 🤪

Woops...forgot the question...

what would your perfect day look like?

Previous question:  What would your perfect day look like?

Answer:  Books, writing, maybe a nice afternoon walk with my husband to a nearby restaurant we both like....

Question:

What is the last thing you did just for yourself?

Try to fit as many things as I can in that time. Things that I enjoy like going to the beach, going out to eat, spending time with people I care about. I would eat anything I want and just try to appreciate all the simple joys of life.

What's one of your happiest memories?

Xmas eve with my old girlfriends used to be pretty special. We'd go to the local pub, get a bit merry, pass around lovely presents and then go home, wake up the next day for Christmas! Yes!!

How many wardrobes full of clothes do you own? 

I have a closet full of clothes, but half of them no longer fit. I also have clothes in a tall bureau and half a short one, and a chest. Now the ones in the chest by now definitely don't fit. I have my small clothes, my medium clothes, and now my fat clothes. I've learned from the past not to throw everything out because you never know which medication you'll be on next that'll make you lose or gain weight.  I've also thrown out things in the past that I liked, only to have them come back in style. So now I hold out to everything unless it's fallen apart or stained.

What are you thankful for (whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving)?

I'm thankful for my sheer bloody mindedness. I never give up. No matter what.

I go to hell sometimes for a bit of R&R.

Do you have to say what you're thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner, like in the movies? 🍲

23 minutes ago, jeremiah said:

Do you have to say what you're thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner, like in the movies? 🍲

😆 No, you don't have to. Every family is different with their own traditions. When we used to celebrate Thanksgiving with my aunt, she made everyone go around the table and say what they were thankful for. Sometimes people would cry (my family has had a lot of hardships), but I also thought it was a nice tradition. But my immediate family stopped doing it after we started throwing our own Thanksgiving meals. If I ever have kids, I'd probably pick it back up.

What's your favorite and least favorite thing about this time of year?

My least favourite thing about this time of year is the lack of light - it literally does my head in. It feels like my body is thirsty for light but can't get any so I just have to feel thirsty.

Anything light related is my favourite thing about it...the twinkly lights on the tree, lighting candles, sparkly baubles, roaring fire etc.

So it's all about the light for me.

If you were God for a day, what would you do?

Edited by jeremiah
If you're going through hell, keep going.

16 minutes ago, evalynn said:

😆 No, you don't have to. Every family is different with their own traditions. When we used to celebrate Thanksgiving with my aunt, she made everyone go around the table and say what they were thankful for. Sometimes people would cry (my family has had a lot of hardships), but I also thought it was a nice tradition. But my immediate family stopped doing it after we started throwing our own Thanksgiving meals. If I ever have kids, I'd probably pick it back up.

What's your favorite and least favorite thing about this time of year?

Well, my mother house was the place to be for all Holidays because the families

would come over and we would just have a blast seeing love ones we haven't

seen in awhile.  The brothers and sisters would talk of their childhoods and we

the youngster would learn a lot about our family history.  I sure do miss those

days because my generation is nothing like the generations before us.   

On 11/21/2018 at 1:52 PM, jeremiah said:

If you were God for a day, what would you do?

I have been thinking about this question on and off since you posted it, and I...really have no idea. I keep changing my mind, approaching it from different angles. My first instinct is to say something like "give everyone a day of peace and happiness". So I guess I'll go with that. Maybe it would inspire everyone to live in harmony or something.

What's your favorite cheesy joke?

Ha ha, I think it's 'what do you call a fish with no eyes?'

A fsh.

Simple pleasures for simple minds. 

Are you buying anything in the black Friday craziness today? We've only had this for a couple of years. We're about ten years behind you in terms of 'progress' apparently lol. We've had scenes of absolute granny trampling mayhem since its arrived. I'm still gonna take advantage of the online discounts today though in time for Christmas 😄

Edited by jeremiah

Are you buying anything in the black Friday craziness today? We've only had this for a couple of years. We're about ten years behind you in terms of 'progress' apparently lol. We've had scenes of absolute granny trampling mayhem since its arrived. I'm still gonna take advantage of the online discounts today though in time for Christmas 😄

I hate how Black Friday now often starts on Thursday...I thought about going out last night, but I ultimately wasn't in the mood to go shopping. Black Friday can be a pain, because it includes everything I hate about shopping: crowds, long lines, limited supply of items, bloodsport...I will probably spend the day checking out Amazon's deals instead.

What's your favorite Christmas film?

12 hours ago, evalynn said:

I have been thinking about this question on and off since you posted it, and I...really have no idea. I keep changing my mind, approaching it from different angles. My first instinct is to say something like "give everyone a day of peace and happiness". So I guess I'll go with that. Maybe it would inspire everyone to live in harmony or something.

What's your favorite cheesy joke?

Did you ever hear about xmas day during world war 1 1914 when a one day xmas truce was declared?  The enemy soldiers actually chatted together and played football on Xmas day and I think it just sort of happened. There were no orders from above to carry out a truce.

Apparently,  there were also makeshift xmas trees put up in the trenches the night before!

It was a wave of peace and goodwill to all men just as you described.

Favourite fIlm...think I will go for a Christmas Carol the musical 2004 with kelsey grammer.

What is your best xmas memory?  

Edited by jeremiah

It's hard to think of one specific memory. My favorite Christmases were probably when I was very young and still believed in Santa and magic and everything. In a way, Christmas Eves were almost better than Christmas day. We would spend them at my aunt's house. There would be food and drinks and a fire would be going in their living room, and music would be playing, and we often played games. I remember when they had the big easel and everyone would get into two teams to play Pictionary. Then we'd drive back to our house and the whole time I would try not to look too long at the sky just in case I accidentally caught sight of Santa's sleigh. Falling asleep that night would be so hard due to all the excitement. Then the next morning, we would open all the presents and our aunt's family would come to us for a big pancake breakfast. Those were the days. :hearts:

Edit: Oh, I just thought of a specific memory! It didn't happen on Christmas day, but during that time of year. During our last winter in Connecticut, my mom got us tickets to see the Nutcracker ballet at a local theater. Even my dad came along (probably grudgingly, haha).

I've also been lucky enough to see the the Rockettes' Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall in New York City three times, and an additional time when they brought the show down to Florida on their tour. Everytime I see that show it's magical. 🤩 New York City during Christmastime is magical in general. I really miss living in the Northeast. :( 

What's the best gift you've ever been given?

Edited by evalynn

The best gift I've ever been given is having my Mom for a Mother. I am so lucky in that sense. My favorite early Christmas gift that my Mom gave me this year was tickets to see Morrissey a few weeks ago. It was fantastic!

Did you get any good deals on Black Friday ?

No, I didn't get anything or Black Friday or even since Black Friday. I did some looking online, and it seems like Amazon deals suck now unless you want an Amazon product or electronics. And there was no way I was going to a brick and mortar store among all the chaos.

How old were you when you found out that Santa didn't exist, and how did you find out?

Most likely we will have breakfast on Christmas morning at my dad's house, there is a small chance I will go to my father-in-law's place instead.

What's your favorite Christmas cookie (or other holiday treat)?

1- I've been told I'm a pretty good writer.

2- I like to look at an argument from both sides, if even I have a strong personal opinion.

3- I'm the baker of the family.

Do you have a favorite article of clothing that you wear all the time or for special occasions?

On 12/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, Lady Mozzer said:

My Morrissey/ The Smiths tees are my favorite.

Do you have any favorite holiday traditions ?

We listen to 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie, eat too many Rice Krispies treats, and use inordinate amounts of tape on our presents....

Do you look forward to Christmas, or do you dread it?

I enjoy the lead up, and Christmas day is nice, but afterward it's kind of depressing. I tell myself that there's still New Year's Eve (which is also my dad's birthday), then Valentine's day...but really the better part of the holiday season is over and soon it will be spring again (yuck).

Do you do anything special for New Year's Eve?

Edited by evalynn