Hi everyone

First post here...... I have been cycling my entire life from episodes of mild / major depression to episodes of euphoria or "manic"..... I have tried every bi polar medication on the market usually after about 4-8 weeks of taking it i pull out of my depressed state myself and am back to my hypomanic / manic self....recently i got out of a horrible relationship and i think it triggered one of the worst depressive episodes of my life.... I have early wake ups (horrible) where i wake at about 6 am and can't stop the tape running through my head of how bad i feel... i have no sex drive, no interest in hanging out with friends, no interest to clean up my house, trouble focusing, no energy... worst of all i can never fall asleep to take a nap (does anyone else experience this?) i have read a lot of posts on here about people sleeping all the time but I can',! i couldn't take a nap if my life depended on it! Anyway i have been counting the days since i started feeling like this hoping that i will switch back soon but I remember back to when i felt this bad junior year in college and it took nearly 5 months then bam! whole new person.....Anyway my doctor prescribed me lexapro but i coudn't deal with the sexual disfunction (still felling it) so i asked to switched to wellbutrin because i feel like its really a dopamine issue and not serotonin . I have been taking supplements like Theanine and Tyrosine to help dopamine production but still no results yet (only been on wellbutrin for 2 days), hopefully i can't switch back as now the weather has switched and New England and everyone stays inside I'm forced to ignore my friends because I'm so nervous they will recognize that I'm not myself... 

Edited by Newengsurfmike

Hi Newengsurfmike,

It is nice to meet you.  I want to welcome you to the Forums.  It is really heartbreaking what you have been through and are still going through.  Hopefully these Forums will be of some help to you.  They have helped me a lot.  - epictetus

Thanks Epictetus  it’s comforting to hear that someone is listening ..... I forgot to mention that I have been prescribed to adderall for ADD for about 9 years now .... is it possible that because adderall releases dopamine that adderall is actually depleting my dopamine levels ? And if that theory is true wouldn’t that mean that Wellbutrin in the long run would actually deplete dopamine levels too?

Edited by Newengsurfmike

14 hours ago, Newengsurfmike said:

First post here...... I have been cycling my entire life from episodes of mild / major depression to episodes of euphoria or "manic"..... I have tried every bi polar medication on the market usually after about 4-8 weeks of taking it i pull out of my depressed state myself and am back to my hypomanic / manic self....recently i got out of a horrible relationship and i think it triggered one of the worst depressive episodes of my life.... I have early wake ups (horrible) where i wake at about 6 am and can't stop the tape running through my head of how bad i feel... i have no sex drive, no interest in hanging out with friends, no interest to clean up my house, trouble focusing, no energy... worst of all i can never fall asleep to take a nap (does anyone else experience this?) i have read a lot of posts on here about people sleeping all the time but I can',! i couldn't take a nap if my life depended on it! Anyway i have been counting the days since i started feeling like this hoping that i will switch back soon but I remember back to when i felt this bad junior year in college and it took nearly 5 months then bam! whole new person.....Anyway my doctor prescribed me lexapro but i coudn't deal with the sexual disfunction (still felling it) so i asked to switched to wellbutrin because i feel like its really a dopamine issue and not serotonin . I have been taking supplements like Theanine and Tyrosine to help dopamine production but still no results yet (only been on wellbutrin for 2 days), hopefully i can't switch back as now the weather has switched and New England and everyone stays inside I'm forced to ignore my friends because I'm so nervous they will recognize that I'm not myself... 

I'm sorry to hear that my friend and I hope your Wellbutrin give you a much better

results than the previous meds you have been taking. Best of luck my friend

Wow! You sure do understand the medication end of things better than most! I hope they get your meds figured out soon! You are no doubt a better advocate for your needs than most people are! How well are you eating? Cutting out the chemical ladden processed foods and going with whole foods can radically shift your moods and physical well-being and eliminate interactions between food chemicals and med chemicals. Just a thought. Re New England weather-I'm a New Englander too and having to adjust my head to the reality we are about to get hit with snow and cold. I tend to want to hibernate in the winter, but force myself to call friends and go to movies or dinner-just to get out. I love the out of doors-until temps hit 35-40 (above. Let's not EVEN talk about sub zero. UGH)  I get pretty depressed if I stay in, even 24 hours....never mind all weekend. Sometimes I just go to one of the malls and walk around, just to interact with salespeople and whomever. Eat well, sleep well, and get out of the house. It'll help, even if the meds don't get squared away immediately! 

19 hours ago, Newengsurfmike said:

Welcome! Sorry you are having such a low time. I can relate to many of your symptoms with depression. I'm taking Latuda and it helps me sleep really well. Before that sleep was so restless and difficult. Hope things turn around for you soon. Keep coming back, reading, and posting. That will help too.

Something hit me today...maybe its the honey moon stage of wellbutrin (day 3) maybe its the 30 mgs of adderall I took today, maybe its the 3 cups of coffee I had, what ever it is i started thinking about a sign that has hung the sales department at my work for years and it reads "If you always do what you always did, your always going to get what you always got" in other words, if you don't change your results won't change. So I'm thinking about what causes my cycle and what are the things that never change. Well i can tell you this, when Im hypomanic / Manic i am not putting good things in my body, I'm eating out all the time , drinking at bars, doing drugs and everything I probably shouldn't do. When I'm depressed i usually stay in and get so bored with myself. I drag myself to the gym and i always think that if am going to the gym i might as well start to eat well and who knows, maybe ill get in shape and score a really hot girl next summer. Maybe thats the cause of my cycle just not eating right and not exercising right. So after work i went to vitamins shop on my way home and spent about half my pay check. I bought probiotics , Magnesium, and a b-6/b-12 folic acid pills, went to wall mart and bought a nutribullet, then went to stop and shop and bought only fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs and chicken. I plan tomorrow to wake up at 6 and hit the gym, come home and make a green smoothie and start my regiment of eating right and exercising. 

On 11/12/2018 at 7:20 PM, Newengsurfmike said:

Something hit me today...maybe its the honey moon stage of wellbutrin (day 3) maybe its the 30 mgs of adderall I took today, maybe its the 3 cups of coffee I had, what ever it is i started thinking about a sign that has hung the sales department at my work for years and it reads "If you always do what you always did, your always going to get what you always got" in other words, if you don't change your results won't change. So I'm thinking about what causes my cycle and what are the things that never change. Well i can tell you this, when Im hypomanic / Manic i am not putting good things in my body, I'm eating out all the time , drinking at bars, doing drugs and everything I probably shouldn't do. When I'm depressed i usually stay in and get so bored with myself. I drag myself to the gym and i always think that if am going to the gym i might as well start to eat well and who knows, maybe ill get in shape and score a really hot girl next summer. Maybe thats the cause of my cycle just not eating right and not exercising right. So after work i went to vitamins shop on my way home and spent about half my pay check. I bought probiotics , Magnesium, and a b-6/b-12 folic acid pills, went to wall mart and bought a nutribullet, then went to stop and shop and bought only fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs and chicken. I plan tomorrow to wake up at 6 and hit the gym, come home and make a green smoothie and start my regiment of eating right and exercising. 

I think that's definitely a good way of looking at it.  I do much of the same and helps my depression about as much as an antidepressant, without the nasty side effects.  

I hope you start feeling better. :)

- Wizardwarrior