Sign in to follow this  
cherryvlossom

Everything's going downhill

I don't know what to do guys. I used to be one of the smartest kids in high school. I graduated within the top 5% in my class. Now I'm in college and the energy isn't the same. My GPA is currently a 3.1, and with the scholarship I have, the minimum I'm supposed to keep is a 3.2. I'm trying to be positive but if I lose this scholarship I don't know what'll happen. I can't be a failure.

Edited by cherryvlossom

I am sorry you are in this predicament, cherryvlossom!  Hopefully you will be able to raise your GPA another tenth of a point.  Depression wrecked havoc on my own college experience but I was able to overcome the losses, thankfully.  It's scary when one's scholarship is tied to GPA ! ! !   - epictetus

12 hours ago, cherryvlossom said:

I don't know what to do guys. I used to be one of the smartest kids in high school. I graduated within the top 5% in my class. Now I'm in college and the energy isn't the same. My GPA is currently a 3.1, and with the scholarship I have, the minimum I'm supposed to keep is a 3.2. I'm trying to be positive but if I lose this scholarship I don't know what'll happen. I can't be a failure.

7 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I am sorry you are in this predicament, cherryvlossom!  Hopefully you will be able to raise your GPA another tenth of a point.  Depression wrecked havoc on my own college experience but I was able to overcome the losses, thankfully.  It's scary when one's scholarship is tied to GPA ! ! !   - epictetus

I do understand my friend because I was in a similar situation where I had to maintain a

3.5 GPA to keep my scholarship.  Don't allow the fear of trying to maintain the scholarship

cause you to stress over it because the stress alone can cause you a letter grade.  Just

do your best and everything will turn out ok for you in the end.  It happen to me and I know

it can happen to you.  Best of luck my friend as you move forward on your journey. 

I am sorry you are going through this! It is very difficult to go through the transition from high school to college. The best thing for you to do is try your very best! If you try your very best, you will know that you put your all in to something that is important to you! It makes me feel so much better about school when I know I am doing my best. There are sometimes where I do not want to do it but I have to remind myself that I am going to college to further my knowledge and education and that always reassures me. I hope everything gets better!

On 11/7/2018 at 5:33 PM, cherryvlossom said:

College is so brutal.  It's like you are being tested on all fronts!  You are experiencing so much that its kinda like a "system overload" at times.  Please have some compassion first for how hard this time in your life can be.  I'm sure you might have already done this but have you sought out all the help and resources you have available to you?  I know most campuses have tutoring centers available....maybe talk to your professors too about the best way to go about getting up to where you need to be?  Have you sought our the counselors that I know are available there...to talk through some of how you are feeling?  They can guide you to further resources.  It completely sounds to me like you absolutely have what it takes to pull through this bump in the road.  You are not alone in this...I promise.  You are smart or you wouldn't have received a scholarship in the first place....just because you are struggling doesn't change that fact.

I hope you can see some rays of light soon!  College is rough sometimes...

On 11/11/2018 at 10:12 AM, lp44 said:

College is so brutal.  It's like you are being tested on all fronts!  You are experiencing so much that its kinda like a "system overload" at times.  Please have some compassion first for how hard this time in your life can be.  I'm sure you might have already done this but have you sought out all the help and resources you have available to you?  I know most campuses have tutoring centers available....maybe talk to your professors too about the best way to go about getting up to where you need to be?  Have you sought our the counselors that I know are available there...to talk through some of how you are feeling?  They can guide you to further resources.  It completely sounds to me like you absolutely have what it takes to pull through this bump in the road.  You are not alone in this...I promise.  You are smart or you wouldn't have received a scholarship in the first place....just because you are struggling doesn't change that fact.

I hope you can see some rays of light soon!  College is rough sometimes...

Thank you for the kind words! Since I posted this, I've been doing much better. I'm looking into the counseling resources on campus to give me extra support as well. I have hope for myself now!! :)