Sign in to follow this  
maintainin

What Dosage Of Cymbalta Are You On?

What dosage of cymbalta are you on?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. What dosage of cymbalta are you on?

• 20mg
    • 30mg
    • 60mg
    • 90mg
    • 120mg

I started Cymbalta 30 mg a week ago. The plan is to go to 60mg after this second week and go from there. My initial response in restless sleep, night sweats and a headache for a few days, but I'm hoping these side effects are short lived because I am already noticing a difference in myself. I am feeling the depression beginning to lift after 6 days. I am no where near how I want to feel, but I am hopeful. And that's nice for a change.

I started Cymbalta today. 30 mg but 1/2 the capsule and will take the other 1/2 tomorrow then start the full 30 on day 3. I did not/do not want to take medication but rock bottom is here and there are no viable options left for me. I can't keep worrying bout the side effects, what may happen or not when taking it, can't keep thinking I can pull out of the nose dive I'm in..I'm too tired so I'm hoping, even short term, this med will help.

I have started at 30mg at the same time i am trying to get off Effexor (37mg at the moment), i am on 300mg Wellbutrin as well. Tomorrow i will up my dosage to 60mg after just 4 days and dump Effexor after 5 days. Hope it goes well, did a cold turkey on Cipralex a while back, and it wasnt so hard.

Edited by RBP

Well since started this thread years ago it looks like I might be coming back full circle. Think I'm going to jump back on the cymbalta train again.

Been on Cymbalta 60mg.. Doesn't help the depression and marginal relief in panic attacks.. Don't know what the by hype is about this drug... Still suicidal

Just started back on cymbalta again after being on it from 2007-2009. 4th day at 30mg and like before insomnia is hitting hard. In the form of waking up way early. Like 4:30-5:00 am instead of 7:00. Needless to say I'm beat. This never entirely went away last time I was on it and ended up taking lunesta almost the whole time I was on it. I really don't want to go that route and my pdoc(different from last time) hates ambien and lunesta. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe jump back on a low dose of remeron and see if that helps. I'll probably go up to 60mg in a couple days. Good thing about cymbalta for me is that at 60mg and above it gives me energy(sometimes too much) and that counteracts the crappy sleep.

maintainin

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems. When I started cymbalta I needed sleeping pills. I was on them for years, finally I got off the Zopiclone and my Pdoc put me on

L-Tryptophan. It took months if not longer to get the results of a restful sleep from the tryptophan but it finally happened. Cymbalta really seems to work for me, I am on 90mg though. I also have the odd bad day and I think that's normal. Considering I have had some other health problems, and a young member of my family has cancer, I seem to be pretty stable. I wish Cymbalta could do something for my severe hate for winter!!!! :) Have a nice day

I'm on 30 mgs Cymbalta plus 5 mg Abilify. I'm doing fairly well I suppose. I have some days where I cry and cry, but for me, staying very active and social helps me avoid those days.

I started on 60mg of Cymbalta. It did nothing for me. I was on it for over 6-months. I finally told my pdoc that I want to come off the drug. I'm not going to continue taking medication that is not working. So now I'm on 20mg of Cymbalta with 2mg of Abilify. I will have to find another drug or combo of drugs that will work for me. Cymbalta does nothing.

I am on 90mg Cymbalta and 300-400mg Seroquel, it took almost a year to find the right combo. My sexlife is still working on this dossage, it was worst when i was on 300mg Wellbutrin and 60mg Cymbalta, that comco killed my sexdrive.

I am on 60mg daily along with 0.5mg resperidone.

Presently I am suffering from mild vertigo. Do anyone experienced same? any ideas how to overcome it.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile, but I'm currently taking 60mg of cymbalta per day and thought I'd share my experience.

I'm taking it conjointly for chronic musculoskeletal pain and anxiety/depression. It has helped me tremendously with my pain (I have TMJD and chronic bruxism, which has done damage to the muscles and joints in my jaw). I was taking 6 tramadol per day (around 300 mg), and now I am only taking 1-2 tramadol per day (50-100 mg). I also take zanaflex at night for the grinding.

It has helped marginally with my anxiety/depression, although both are still very apparent to me. Honestly, I think this is the most anyone can hope to expect from an antidepressant, especially when life circumstances are undesirable. I also see a therapist once every week or two weeks, which is helpful, but every day is still a struggle.

I hope some of you have found relief from this medication. I think it is a good drug, even though it is expensive. Feel free to PM me if you have any advice, questions, or just want to share your story with me. Take care everyone :)

I am on 60 mg cymbalta. I take it for chronic back pain and depression/anxiety. I have found it to be a God send!

At first I was on 30 mg and took it in the mornings. I found that I was somewhat drowsy during the day, but wasn't sure if it was the meds or something else. When I was upped to 60 mg, the drowsiness during the day was almost too much. After talking to my pdoc, I am now taking it in the evenings. Of course, I have no problems sleeping, and I do not have the drowsiness during the daytime anymore.

In the past, I have been on Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Effexor. Effexor was far and away the worst medicine that I have ever been on! Cymbalta has been the best.

My new pdoc just increased my Cymbalta to 90mg per day, and added Klonopin 3x per day. I feel alot better, and am very glad the Cymbalta is

now working at the new dosage.

I have been on Cymbalta since 2007, that's 8 years along with all kinds of other fun stuff.  :(   I'm down to only three meds I take now with Cymbalta still being one of them and I'm wondering if its just because my psych is so darn scared to try to take me off it. I'm on 120mg and have been most of the time. Now that I have found Depakote ER for my seizures that I started having the last 3 years (Would never allow psych to give to me before) its controlling not only them but my Bipolar and anxiety very nicely too. I still have to work at it but it sure is helping.

A bit late I know but I am a bit slow to respond :)

Anyway, started on Sunday (24/01/2016) after an 'episode' sent me to the mental health unit and the doctor recommended moving from Pristiq (50mg) to Cymbalta.

Started on 30mg but will progress up to 60mg next week after seeing my GP and reporting that all is well.

A week in, I do feel better with slightly less depression and less anxiety.

I've been on 120mg for almost 6 weeks now, and I think it helps my anxiety, but still nothing about depression. I've been having some good or great days here and there, but still nothing consistent. I hope it will just take some more time.

60 mg of Cymbalta works well for my emotional state, but over the years, I have steadily gained weight. 35/40 pounds and counting - mainly in mid-section (stomach), but a bit in the face. I weaned myself off Cymbalta awhile back and had no withdrawal because I dumped beads. Took months, but the weight slipped right off. This made me feel great 'til a week, maybe two, when I was completely off and became an emotional wreck. Don't believe that was withdrawal as that would have happened as I was weaning myself off. It had to be the depression returning (I know, I know, it never went away - it was just covered up by the medicine). 

Tried Prozac on its own... also Wellbutrin... and no relief. I wish Cymbalta didn't have this weight gain effect on me. Doctor tried to say I was eating more... and I was like,  "Seriously? I ate all the time when I was depressed. I barely eat enough now." I had him pull up my chart and he noticed the steady increase from the time I started Cymbalta until now. A friend of mine had a similar issue with weight and was very brave and went off cold turkey. Doctor wanted to give her another antidepressant to help with withdrawal, but she is done with them. She is taking anti-anxiety medicine though to help, and her weight is returning to normal.

Edited by Kaitlyn

Doing a crossover from Lexapro to Cymbalta, 30mg this first week while still on 10 of Alex then dropping the Lex on Thurs and going to 60 mg's of Cym. Just wondering how long I can expect to feel the effects. I'm nervous as I've never been on a SNRI. The past twenty years I was on SSRI's and they seemed to work but last May I did a stupid thing and tapered off my med (Prozac at the time) with out Dr's supervision and had a horrible relapse in Aug of 15 that were still trying to contain. It nearly ruined my life and I regret having done so as I don't think I'd even be in this place had I just stayed on. Soooo stupid of me. (In case anyone is wondering why I got off, I just noticed that I was having these really bad right sided migraines and when I reduced the dose of Prozac I had less of them so I continued my taper and even set up my next Dr's appointment (which ended up being 3 months away because I HAD Kaiser.) after completing my taper no more migraines but my OCD and Anxiety came back with a vengeance). 

It's not like SNRI's are completely different than SSRI's. You'll be fine, I didn't have any problems.

By the way, why did you quit Lexapro?

Edited by althor

I have never been on a SNRI but I have read up on them and I think you have to be on a higher dose to get the effects of the N. I could be wrong to, though! I have been on Celexa (SSRI) and my doc wants me to try Cymbalta and I'm undecided on it.You should be fine and hope things go well for you.