Does anybody else feel lonely?

MaepleSyrup

I don't know why, but I feel huge amounts of loneliness out of nowhere. It seems to happen a lot. Maybe it's because I don't have anybody that I trust to talk to in that given moment. Or maybe because I haven't really been social the entire day. Sometimes it's because I put myself in a state where I'm completely alone on this whole thing. Where nobody cares about me. It's hard to climb out, but it's so easy to forget that there are people there. I just can't see them. Or I don't care enough to reach out. I used to love being alone. But I don't know why I feel this way. I shouldn't be. But I'm feeling it right now.

If anybody feels lonely right now too, come along and have a chat with me if you'd like. We could talk about each other's day and what we've accomplished. Or if you'd like, we can share what's been on our minds lately.

I'll start out with this- my day actually went alright. It was kind of slow, but it progressed later on. I drew some new art, so that was something I accomplished. I somewhat improved on drawing people, so there's one good thing. But then it kind of just grew tiring when I arrived back home. I drew some more then played some games and watched YouTube. After thinking a bit, my loneliness hit, so now I'm here.

Whats been on my mind lately is debating on what else I can do to shake off these depressive feelings that come out of nowhere. Another thing on my mind too is debating on when or even if I should consider making friendships official. My loneliness has been occupying my mind too.  It's nothing new.

How have you been?

I've been alternating between miserable and not too awful these past six days.
I used to be able to handle being alone. Now - not so much.

I wish I could get back into drawing properly. I haven't been able to complete a single drawing for years - tend to leave them unfinished.

Edited by APFSDS

Lonely seems to be my default position anymore...like Travis Bickle, I can't seem to escape it.

Some of us just aren't cut out for living in this world, I guess.

I could have won that obscene lottery, nearly a billion, and nothing would change. Nothing.

6 hours ago, Ivanka said:

I would love to see your art? I could never draw people 🙈

Heh, if I had a way to show my art I would- I'm a cartoonist. Animals are the best things I draw 🙂 And bud, I know you can. You just gotta believe in yourself and practice. I remember over three years ago I was nowhere near having the ability to draw people.

You can totally draw people, I believe in you!

5 hours ago, APFSDS said:

I've been alternating between miserable and not too awful these past six days.
I used to be able to handle being alone. Now - not so much.

I wish I could get back into drawing properly. I haven't been able to complete a single drawing for years - tend to leave them unfinished.

I completely understand. I feel the same way; sometimes I'll have those really good days where I don't feel so tired and lonely. But then they'll come back usually by the following day. It's almost like a pattern, isn't it? No matter what I do to cope with this mess, it never works entirely.

I have to say, trying sometimes feels like the only option I have. But we still got this- we've made it this far. And if we've made it this far, we're guaranteed to find that light again. It may not be here right now, but it'll never not show up. Even if you've made it through a week or a day, it'll come. You just have to keep up hope. It's hard, but we gotta try.

And bro, if it helps you feel better, I'm more of a sketch artist if anything. I only sketch characters- I never outline or color them. But when I do, I suck at it. I also went through a phase where I didn't want to draw anything. It took a while to get back into it- but with your art, even if they're unfinished, I know they're still beautiful!

What do you mostly draw?

4 hours ago, tracyistrying said:

Been anxious and a little down about the job situation.  I actually don't mind being alone.  However it would be nice to have someone to talk to consistently that was non-judgemental.  

That's what I like to hear; the need of talking to someone who is non-judgemental. That's the worst part about this whole thing- sometimes not having that one person to go to. It doesn't matter if it's a friend, family member, or therapist, sometimes we don't have that one person. Or we don't feel like we do. Even if we do or if we try finding that person, there's always that one possibility they're going to judge us, depending on the person. That's only because there's a huge difference between someone who is actually there for you and someone who only wants another source to judge you by.

People are hard to understand, no? It's like some can be so cruel and do nothing to help while others are there for you no matter what. Humanity, I tell ya.

I'm sorry you're going through a job situation. It must rough. Have you recovered a little bit after the situation? Or do you still feel the same, just as bad? It doesn't sound like a good spot to be in. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you feel better- I'll do what I can  🙂

2 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

That's what I like to hear; the need of talking to someone who is non-judgemental. That's the worst part about this whole thing- sometimes not having that one person to go to. It doesn't matter if it's a friend, family member, or therapist, sometimes we don't have that one person. Or we don't feel like we do. Even if we do or if we try finding that person, there's always that one possibility they're going to judge us, depending on the person. That's only because there's a huge difference between someone who is actually there for you and someone who only wants another source to judge you by.

People are hard to understand, no? It's like some can be so cruel and do nothing to help while others are there for you no matter what. Humanity, I tell ya.

I'm sorry you're going through a job situation. It must rough. Have you recovered a little bit after the situation? Or do you still feel the same, just as bad? It doesn't sound like a good spot to be in. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you feel better- I'll do what I can  🙂

Hang in there my friend and hopefully

things will get better for you.  We are here 

for you if you need someone to listen to

or a shoulder to lean on my friend 

31 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Lonely seems to be my default position anymore...like Travis Bickle, I can't seem to escape it.

Some of us just aren't cut out for living in this world, I guess.

I could have won that obscene lottery, nearly a billion, and nothing would change. Nothing.

I know how you feel. And it's hard. It's even painful at times. But let me tell you something- everybody deserves to live in this world. Some people take advantage of this to do stupid things that they themselves aren't aware how it negatively impacts people. But there are over 7 billion people on this earth- and I know there are more than just a billion people who are willing to help people and all creatures alike with the life they have been granted. Then, for us, life may not be as easy as others. There's no such thing as "not being cut out for living in this world," it's just that life can be much harder on others than some people. @LonelyHiker, I know you are perfect for this world. Because like everybody else, you're here for a reason. You are doing the best you can to survive being on this earth. It may be hard and I know it may not be easy to believe me, but you are managing life the best you can- which is what everybody does at one point in there lives. You are still strong. You are both strong and awesome because, despite every problem and difficult situation life has thrown at you, you are still here. You may not feel strong and I know you feel lonely, but you are wonderful. Life can be tough, but I know for a fact you got this, buddy. There's always someone to reach out to, even if it's on a forum.

Always get in touch with people on here. As much as I have trust issues, I know there are people here that are willing to help me cope with my own mess. It will be no different for you. If you'd like, you're always welcome to get in touch with me if you ever need a chat. But of course, always post in the forums too. People are here for you!!

49 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

Heh, if I had a way to show my art I would- I'm a cartoonist. Animals are the best things I draw 🙂 And bud, I know you can. You just gotta believe in yourself and practice. I remember over three years ago I was nowhere near having the ability to draw people.

You can totally draw people, I believe in you!

Haha yeah it’s a pity you can’t show. I bet your art is as beautiful as your soul. I will never be able to draw people! Haha. That’s ok, I draw plants 🙂 Do you have any pets? I got a cat. It helps me a lot with the loneliness. She’s lovely. She is my guardian also. 

18 minutes ago, Ivanka said:

Haha yeah it’s a pity you can’t show. I bet your art is as beautiful as your soul. I will never be able to draw people! Haha. That’s ok, I draw plants 🙂 Do you have any pets? I got a cat. It helps me a lot with the loneliness. She’s lovely. She is my guardian also. 

Heheh, mate, if my art symbolized my soul, my soul would be okay XD I've been drawing all my life, but I still can't seem to make that much of an improvement. Plus, I used to tell myself I could never draw people, but now here I am. You can draw people too, I know you can. It's not impossible 🙂 Also, what kind of plants do you draw?

And personally wise, I own a snake.

I love cats though! I work with them too. What breed is your cat? She sounds cute already 😄

13 minutes ago, APFSDS said:

I draw mostly people. I'm not particularly good at it, but I like drawing.
Historical stuff or inspired by history (medieval or antiquity for example).

I'm assuming your profile pic is one of your drawings? If so, it looks amazing! And I'm sure you're great at it. Also, medieval subjects are awesome! I can't draw medieval stuff myself, but I think the subject suites you perfectly😀

Can you draw dragons?

5 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

I'm assuming your profile pic is one of your drawings? If so, it looks amazing! And I'm sure you're great at it. Also, medieval subjects are awesome! I can't draw medieval stuff myself, but I think the subject suites you perfectly😀

Can you draw dragons?

Yep. It's a Romano-British warrior 😀

I think I have drawn some dragons, but they've come out a bit silly. I haven't studied lizard-like anatomy much so they look a bit awkward Haha.

4 minutes ago, APFSDS said:

Yep. It's a Romano-British warrior 😀

I think I have drawn some dragons, but they've come out a bit silly. I haven't studied lizard-like anatomy much so they look a bit awkward Haha.

That's incredible! You did an amazing job, my dude!😎

Ah don't worry, I bet they still looked awesome👍 I'll admit, dragons in general can be kind of awkward to draw. Especially with their talons and various scales. I've attempted a few times myself and I've had better attempts with drawing people. But regardless, you're an awesome artist!

What are other things you've tried drawing? Could you draw your zodiac sign if you wanted to?

@MaepleSyrup I feel the same way you do. Only I *am* reaching out, and no one is there. Everyone is too busy, or they only want to talk about themselves, or they tell me to get over it. Or they tell me to pray. I think I hate that response most of all. I've been praying for years for relief from my depression, to be normal and have my life back. Instead, things have gotten worse.

I'm single, I live alone and I telecommute, so I'm lonely most of the time. I woke up very depressed this morning, and I don't know why. Right now, I would do almost anything to hear a friendly, empathetic voice. But I know that's not going to happen.

23 minutes ago, SheWrites said:

@MaepleSyrup I feel the same way you do. Only I *am* reaching out, and no one is there. Everyone is too busy, or they only want to talk about themselves, or they tell me to get over it. Or they tell me to pray. I think I hate that response most of all. I've been praying for years for relief from my depression, to be normal and have my life back. Instead, things have gotten worse.

I'm single, I live alone and I telecommute, so I'm lonely most of the time. I woke up very depressed this morning, and I don't know why. Right now, I would do almost anything to hear a friendly, empathetic voice. But I know that's not going to happen.

That is not true. Because while no one has been there to listen to you before, I'm here right now willing to listen. I'm not at all busy, and I'm not willing to talk about myself, nor would I dare tell you to get over it. Because if we were able to just "get over it," none of us would be here and these forums wouldn't exist. I remember a long time ago, I used to pray too. I used to be religious then. Now I don't even follow with religion and I manage the best I can without the need to pray. So I will not tell you to continue praying.

I know you are hurting inside. It sucks when we feel like no one is there to listen. This feeling has been by far one the worst feelings I've ever felt in my entire life. You are not alone in this @SheWrites. I used to believe I was alone in this too, but even I struggle to remember people are there. It's tough.

But you are still human. Life is never easy in any given field. Things like this just make life much more harder. When we feel lonely and down inside, it makes us doubt we'll ever find that light in our life. Even if we've been waiting for that light for years, it makes it harder to hope. But it's there. It may not be here yet but it's there. You are strong for being here. For doing the best you can to get through the day. I know this is the first time I've seen you (unless I forgot), I can tell you are a wonderful and beautiful person. Don't think there's not someone there to listen. Because I'm here. People that are willing to listen are also here too.

So if you need someone to talk to in private, you can always pm me. I always try getting back to messages as quick as I can.

Edited by MaepleSyrup

13 hours ago, MaepleSyrup said:

I don't know why, but I feel huge amounts of loneliness out of nowhere. It seems to happen a lot. Maybe it's because I don't have anybody that I trust to talk to in that given moment. Or maybe because I haven't really been social the entire day. Sometimes it's because I put myself in a state where I'm completely alone on this whole thing. Where nobody cares about me. It's hard to climb out, but it's so easy to forget that there are people there. I just can't see them. Or I don't care enough to reach out. I used to love being alone. But I don't know why I feel this way. I shouldn't be. But I'm feeling it right now.

If anybody feels lonely right now too, come along and have a chat with me if you'd like. We could talk about each other's day and what we've accomplished. Or if you'd like, we can share what's been on our minds lately.

I'll start out with this- my day actually went alright. It was kind of slow, but it progressed later on. I drew some new art, so that was something I accomplished. I somewhat improved on drawing people, so there's one good thing. But then it kind of just grew tiring when I arrived back home. I drew some more then played some games and watched YouTube. After thinking a bit, my loneliness hit, so now I'm here.

Whats been on my mind lately is debating on what else I can do to shake off these depressive feelings that come out of nowhere. Another thing on my mind too is debating on when or even if I should consider making friendships official. My loneliness has been occupying my mind too.  It's nothing new.

How have you been?

Hi MaepleSyrup,

Thank you so much for posting.  I'm glad to hear about how you're feeling, happy your day went alright.  Me?  Ugh, just trying to be better and do better.  Hope you check in again on here.  I hope your weekend is productive, you know, what you want it to be?  Okay, you take care.. 🙂  Oh, and yes, a lot of us feel lonely.  I kinda embrace loneliness now myself, but I'm sure it's not healthy to be this way--so trying to figure something out.  Sorry, I rambled a bit here, lol.  

2 hours ago, SheWrites said:

Thanks, @MaepleSyrup. But today I'm so stressed and depressed I'm not sure I could have a coherent conversation.

It's alright, I completely understand. But even if you need someone to vent to, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I'll always be all ears. We don't even have to chat, you could just vent to me. I'm here for you.

1 hour ago, HeatherG said:

Hi MaepleSyrup,

Thank you so much for posting.  I'm glad to hear about how you're feeling, happy your day went alright.  Me?  Ugh, just trying to be better and do better.  Hope you check in again on here.  I hope your weekend is productive, you know, what you want it to be?  Okay, you take care.. 🙂  Oh, and yes, a lot of us feel lonely.  I kinda embrace loneliness now myself, but I'm sure it's not healthy to be this way--so trying to figure something out.  Sorry, I rambled a bit here, lol.  

Heh, I've had better days, trust me. I totally get trying to be better and do better. I know it's not easy. But all we can do is try to the best of our ability.

My weekend has been super unproductive actually. But I have work tomorrow, so that's a plus. How has your weekend been?

I know a lot of us are lonely. But don't forget you're not alone in this either. We all have to be here for each other. It's an awful feeling. But knowing you're embracing loneliness yourself, you can always reach out to here on the forums for advice or a chat. You can even pm if you want to if you need a chat.

Don't worry about rambling, this is where you can talk about your problems. We're here to help 🙂

22 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I always feel lonely.  I feel it here at the house when I'm alone but I also would feel the same way in a crowd of thousands of people because I don't fit in anywhere really.

I'm sorry you feel this way. It sucks when we feel loneliness, because it's hard to get rid of. Even in social events and crowds, we feel lost and alone. I know how you feel. And a lot of us don't fit in anywhere. But the best thing you can do is to keep your head up and hold hope. To reach out to people. To be yourself so you can find the people you need so they care about you for just who you are.

Its never easy finding people, I know. I still haven't found mine yet. Even if I've been socializing with two particular people, it's even hard for me to be part of a friendship because I'm used to having no friends and being a loner. Just like you, I don't fit in anywhere, but I'm still my own person.

Be who you are and the people you need or want will come. Perhaps you'll befriend some who experience and feel the same way you do. Each and every individual is like their own puzzle piece in this huge puzzle. Even if we're all different, we can always fit in with at least one person. Someone who we can always count on and trust.

I hope things get better for you. Never hesitate to reach out to the forums. We're all here for you, @sober4life. Even if you need to vent, feel free to post. Or pm someone. We all got this together!