Sign in to follow this  
werise55

Friend doesn’t text me back anymore don’t know why

I’m really confused, we were gamer buddies and then I stopped playing for a month and he doesn’t talk. I don’t wanna jump to conclusions honestly but it always seems like if I don’t play league of legends, we don’t talk or something. his excuse is he’s busy which is fair but I work and have a busy life too. I’m really confused about this situation and it’s making me pretty sad. I’d play with him if he wants but he’s not responding to anything. When I saw  him o last Tuesday, he didn’t seem that excited around me just playing his game. The only dude that had similarities to me doesn’t wanna talk anymore that really sucks. 😞

Edited by werise55

I have been there. One of my friends is sometimes distant and sometimes overly biting. It took me a while to put all the pieces together, but eventually I realized that his change in mood had nothing to do with something I did. As a matter of fact, it had nothing to do with me at all. He had other difficult things going on in his life, and the changes I saw were just the result of that. So, when I start to worry that I had done something wrong, I remind myself that it had nothing to do with me. Who knows, it might be a similar situation.

Another of my friends recently stopped playing an MMO that we have played together for years. We still see each other all the time, but I had to work through some grief around the fact that the game was, for the time being at least, no longer something that we had in common. 

The one thing I can say for certain is that you are not a waste of space. Far from it.

Hey WeRise,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this friendship.  From what you say, you're friend doesn't want to be your friend unless you play, as you say "his" game on a schedule that's acceptable to him. 

Well, that's one game you don't want to play with him.  You can't win at that game.  If you approach him directly with your thoughts, you likely won't get a good reception.  But, you probably don't want to get in the habit of being be a "people pleaser" as you grow.  If you follow that path, you'll end up bending further and further to accommodate people and end up with a sore back.  Look honestly at yourself, and if you think you've been a good friend, then don't allow yourself to be treated like that "waste of space" you mention.  You're not, so don't automatically blame yourself.  

Be cordial, friendly, but not "besties", with your manipulative bud and look for a real friend.  That's being a gamer, without playing games.

good luck, Bulgakov 

Edited by Bulgakov
added "but"

I don’t believe any of you guys but thanks for trying to make me feel better. I just accept that it’s natural selection or something. Humans are tribal creatures and we want the strongest and most useful of our time people I guess He got his use out of me and I’ll accept it whatever. That’s the point of living in this world if you have a mindset of worrying about yourself it gets lonely you have to please others .

On 10/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, werise55 said:

Nobody cares about me anyway I’m just a waste of space 

That maybe true BUT telling yourself that will not make you feel better.  Start Thinking you are just as important as everybody else.

Hi,

I totally get all what you are saying.  My situation is the same, I get avoided all the time, rejected, looked down on and disliked, but I don't have any idea why, anybody has friends and someone to talk to, be with, love, hang out with, only I am always isolated and alone, very tired of it all.  Sorry, don't have a magic solution for you, if I had it, I would use it for myself, too.

I was so friendly, bubbly, but lost faith that things get better; my personality has changed because of this mistreatment from anybody I meet, just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone, if it is any help, all the best.

Edited by Vila

1 hour ago, Vila said:

Hi,

I totally get all what you are saying.  My situation is the same, I get avoided all the time, rejected, looked down on and disliked, but I don't have any idea why, anybody has friends and someone to talk to, be with, love, hang out with, only I am always isolated and alone, very tired of it all.  Sorry, don't have a magic solution for you, if I had it, I would use it for myself, too.

I was so friendly, bubbly, but lost faith that things get better; my personality has changed because of this mistreatment from anybody I meet, just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone, if it is any help, all the best.

I just want to say guys I feel your pain and things might not get any better for

you but you can change the way you look at things and it will give you a more

positive out look on life.  I know because I had to change the way I see things

in life.  I'm a whole lot better now because I now see the glass as half full instead

of half empty.  I hope things eventually begin to get much better for all of you who

are experiencing some difficult times right now.   Hugs for everyone        :hugs::shifty3: 

At least one good thing about getting older is you stop giving a d*mn what anyone thinks. You're still stuck with the problem of what "you" think but you stop being as hard on yourself.  Don't get me wrong I have my bad times--like the holidays and the fact that I have a pet who's dying.  But do I care what people think anymore? No.  

They're no better than me and probably want someone who parties with them or has more in common with them (like kids) or wants someone who just is there for them without them having to be there for you, etc.. There's nothing wrong with you.  You were created in God's image. If you want to change things, work on that--for yourself, no one else.  

10 hours ago, Purpleplum said:

At least one good thing about getting older is you stop giving a d*mn what anyone thinks. You're still stuck with the problem of what "you" think but you stop being as hard on yourself.  Don't get me wrong I have my bad times--like the holidays and the fact that I have a pet who's dying.  But do I care what people think anymore? No.  

They're no better than me and probably want someone who parties with them or has more in common with them (like kids) or wants someone who just is there for them without them having to be there for you, etc.. There's nothing wrong with you.  You were created in God's image. If you want to change things, work on that--for yourself, no one else.  

Gods not real. My family is devout Christians and he doesn't do anything for us so I don't believe in him anymore but thanks. 

Hi Floor2017,

Ty for warm words and your reply.  So, what is the 'glass is half full' view you suggest?

Yea guess he's busy he talked to me a couple of weeks ago but I really don't care about what he's doing or putting the effort to call or text him anymore lately .

On 11/16/2018 at 11:05 PM, werise55 said:

Gods not real. My family is devout Christians and he doesn't do anything for us so I don't believe in him anymore but thanks. 

I got that way before-for other reasons.

I've had hardship after hardship in my life. I've had people -including family- treat me like dirt.  It's ours to deal with and get through.  We grow stronger because of it.  I sure did and I learned not to give anyone that power anymore. 

We are here to learn something.  God does listen and sometimes we see it. Other times you need to try to figure things out for yourself so you can grow.