22 month old still waking up all night

I have a 22 month old who wakes up anywhere from 1-4 times a night. We have tried everything to get him to stay asleep. Nothing works. I go days on very little sleep. I look terrible and I feel numb inside. I just want my child to sleep and let us all live a normal life. We wanted to have a sibling for him but it's impossible. We are too tired from barely sleeping day after day, for almost 2 years. I feel like this is very abnormal and he should be sleeping by now. The lack of sleep is ruining my life and has really affected my marriage.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you and your little one.  Have you consulted with a pediatrician.  And if this has not helped, have you considered getting a second medical opinion?  Since I do not have children, I am unqualified to give advice.    I am very, very sorry that this situation is occurring.   Sounds so stressful.   I sure hope that you find something that helps your little one and you and your husband.  - epictetus

Hi, morecoffe. I am so sorry that this is your circumstance right now. Going on little sleep is so very hard. It does drain life of the joys we should be able to experience. I agree with the PP. Have you taken your LO to the pediatrician to see if there is something causing the disruption to his sleep? If there is nothing physically causing this, have you tried sleep training for him? We put our kids on a schedule as far as sleep time, play time, meal time. It helped my kids to get into a routine so that they knew what to expect during the day. This regulated their sleep time, too. I was then able to get the rest I needed to be able to function during the day. The beginning of sleep training is hard, but I had to be consistent and after a bit (each child is different), they caught onto the rhythm of it all. I hope you find what works for you and your family so that you can get the sleep you need.