Is there a drug you can take that could take away fear of committing suicide?

IShouldLike

I’m sorry to hear that, friend. Please don’t to be hard on yourself. Putting an end to your life is not the solution for your problems. Such a decision would be tragic beyond words. Would you like to share what’s going on? I believe it’s necessary for you to get help without any delay. Have you tried contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? They operate toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Hugs!

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you will trust us to share what is happening or at least call the hotline number that littlestarsmum posted. There is no need to go through this alone...but whatever it is, things can always change! Even the darkest scenario can turn around. There are changes everyday in life..advancements in medicine, cures for diseases, new friends to meet, new opportunities for a better situation. ..so whatever it is that is troubling you just know that a miracle can happen and things can get so much better tomorrow. Just hang in there and dont give up and it might help to post what is going on to people who care and will listen.  🙂

People on here care!

18 minutes ago, chumly said:

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you will trust us to share what is happening or at least call the hotline number that littlestarsmum posted. There is no need to go through this alone...but whatever it is, things can always change! Even the darkest scenario can turn around. There are changes everyday in life..advancements in medicine, cures for diseases, new friends to meet, new opportunities for a better situation. ..so whatever it is that is troubling you just know that a miracle can happen and things can get so much better tomorrow. Just hang in there and dont give up and it might help to post what is going on to people who care and will listen.  🙂

People on here care!

Well, said my friend and like everyone else have said we care about you

and please go get some help.  We are hear if you need us friend.  :hugs::hugs:

6 minutes ago, Oscar K said:

We are here to help each other find the way out of any deep depression cave.

We can't protect you from yourself.

Please don't give up on yourself.

Give us a chance to help you and give yourself a chance to be helped.

Well, said Oscar

psychatric drugs are used to try and eliminate or at least decrease depression. I dont think these drugs are made so that you can have more courage to commit suicide, if I am understanding your question correctly.

There are many drugs that will decrease depression such as prozac, paxil and many others. There are new ones coming out all the time too. The ones I mentioned are older ones ..but of course just because one drug works for someone that does not mean it will work for you. ..it would be best for you to consult a psychiatrist to find a drug that will work for you. ..but none of them will make you have more courage to commit suicide ..they dont work that way...they will help you with your depressions though..and many work in conjunction with the help of a counselor too.

I really hope that if you dont care to share what is going on with you on here that you will call the suicide hotline at least. 

I never used antidepressants so I can't comment on them.

I prefer my MEDaphorical drug I call : PLACEBOWELL.

Yes it is pretend-imaginary  but if it gives me relief then I'll just take hefty daily doses with zero side effects.

I developed this "drug" while attending the University of Hard Knocks.

We must be clever with Old Man Depression or he will mess us up bigly. 

9 hours ago, IShouldDie said:

I really would appreciate it if someone would answer my question and give me the names of some drugs that would eliminate the inhibition and fear of committing suicide. 

No one here would ever tell you that because thats not what this site is for and that would be like us aiding you into committing an act that no one would support or feel comfortable supporting. I dont think you should expect anyone to want to "help" with that.  

Edited by June322

Closing this thread. DF is not a place to get information on how to harm ourselves in any way. Some very good and positive answers have been given here so i will leave this thread for view.

Please listen to the wonderful support you have received here. Some caring and well said/thought out answers.

If you need to talk, my inbox is open. We all care!