A New Look Read more... ×
Jacob4596

Escitalopram (Lexapro) poop out after 5 years.

Been on 20mg Lexapro for over 5 years now. Originally got severe anxiety while I was in college and got on Lexapro and it did help. While the anxiety was still there it was manageable. This was until about February this year. I got a panic attack at a restaurant and since then it seems like my lexapro has not been working. For the last month I have been a mess, I feel like I am barely making it through. My GP gave me a script for xanax which does help at times but it isnt something I always want to take. I have a psychiatrist appointment coming up next week so hopefully we can figure something out. Anyone have any similar situations? I originally believed I had GAD but after seeing a therapist we have came to the conclusion that I actually have panic disorder. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

I know you posted this in October but I was wondering how you were doing? My Lexapro seemed to be fizzling out too so I quit it and am now trying Zoloft again. So scared it won't work. I have sever GAD with panic. Have you had success with a different med?

18 hours ago, stormyweather said:

I know you posted this in October but I was wondering how you were doing? My Lexapro seemed to be fizzling out too so I quit it and am now trying Zoloft again. So scared it won't work. I have sever GAD with panic. Have you had success with a different med?

I have seen an improvement from switching. I am not 100% to the spot I was when my Lexapro was working its best but I am a lot better than I was when my Lexapro wasnt working (this last year). I also did a revamp on my life with different things such as meditating everyday, working out, getting rid of processed food, Journaling, etc. I have been on the Zoloft 100mg for 4 weeks now and each day seems to be better and better. I hope it works for you and you success with it. 

Thanks Jacob that's good to hear! I liked Zoloft years ago but stopped it and had a relapse. It didn't work when I tried to reinstate.  I will never stop meds again! Always relapse when I do and getting stable again is awful. Good luck with the Zoloft!