Sign in to follow this  
Natasha1

Abilify Reviews (includes poll)

Abilify Reviews  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Abilify helpful?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you recommend Abilify to others? (Under care of a doctor)

• Yes
    • No

Hi everyone! What are your thoughts on Abilify? Does it help or not help? 

Let us know how Abilify is going (or went) for you!

Give us whatever information you can, as your experience may help others.

So far, Abilify is the only med that I've taken that improved my depression. The world felt more vibrant and colorful.

However, I also had some extreme sound sensitivity, making the work place intolerable, and I recall having a really rough time with the side effects in general. I lasted less than a month on it.

I can't take it for those reasons, but it's worth a shot if the doctor recommends.

Edited by CrazyEddie

I took a low dose of Abilify for 6 years along with Lexapro and absolutely loved it. It started working within a couple of days. I recently stopped due to a lot of weight gain and the fact that all anti-psychotics can cause permanent tardive dyskinesia which scares me more than the weight gain. I am now looking for another antidepressant to help me without the need for Abilify. Not having much luck as of yet.

I have been on abilify 400mg for a year. They are using it to control “manic impulses” but I’m not bipolar. It is making me severely restless, and I can hardly get out of bed in the morning. It is also making my ADHD worse. I’m an unvoluntary patient. I don’t know what to do to get off antipsychotics, my behaviour and thoughts have been stable. This is torture for me. 

I mean, I have done what you might call manic things in my 20’s but now almost 30 things are different, I’ve learned from my anxieties and impulses.

Most of this could be in my head or I might be having a bad reaction to abilify. At least we’re going to change things up, but I still don’t feel like this kind of medication is right for me.