Abilify Reviews (includes poll)

Natasha1

Abilify Reviews  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is Abilify helpful?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you recommend Abilify to others? (Under care of a doctor)

• Yes
    • No

• 3 months later...

So far, Abilify is the only med that I've taken that improved my depression. The world felt more vibrant and colorful.

However, I also had some extreme sound sensitivity, making the work place intolerable, and I recall having a really rough time with the side effects in general. I lasted less than a month on it.

I can't take it for those reasons, but it's worth a shot if the doctor recommends.

Edited by CrazyEddie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a low dose of Abilify for 6 years along with Lexapro and absolutely loved it. It started working within a couple of days. I recently stopped due to a lot of weight gain and the fact that all anti-psychotics can cause permanent tardive dyskinesia which scares me more than the weight gain. I am now looking for another antidepressant to help me without the need for Abilify. Not having much luck as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on abilify 400mg for a year. They are using it to control “manic impulses” but I’m not bipolar. It is making me severely restless, and I can hardly get out of bed in the morning. It is also making my ADHD worse. I’m an unvoluntary patient. I don’t know what to do to get off antipsychotics, my behaviour and thoughts have been stable. This is torture for me. 

I mean, I have done what you might call manic things in my 20’s but now almost 30 things are different, I’ve learned from my anxieties and impulses.

Most of this could be in my head or I might be having a bad reaction to abilify. At least we’re going to change things up, but I still don’t feel like this kind of medication is right for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have used Abilify a few times. Several years ago, I was on either 5mg or 10mg for my moods, thoughts, and behaviors (along with an anti-depressant, I cannot recall which one at the time). I am on it currently now. 5mg. It works better than the anti-depressant (I feel that never works after awhile, no matter which type). They say it could have side effects after long-term use if taken for a long time, but I think it is one of the safer ones to take to slow down the risk of tardive dyskinesia. At least to my knowledge. I haven't tried any other type of anti-psychotic. What sucks about it, is that it costs me $15.00 per Rx with generic brand and PPO-based insurance. I find Abilify to be helpful, overall.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have been Bupropion for years and it has gradually started declining in effectiveness. I spoke with my Doctor and he recommended Abilify I really wasn't expecting much. I had been on other antidepressants in the that just didn't do a lot or it took forever. About day 4 on this i was like wait a minute all of a sudden I feel kinda normal something I hadn't felt in a long time. It's only been a week so far but damn this stuff is really working. I know not everyone will respond the same but so far for me it's been a godsend. 

• 2 months later...

Same here, I have been on Trintellix for the past 4 years(?).  I really was having some anger issues pop up.  I've been on Abilify for about two weeks. Its been great. However, I was also on abilify several years ago as well.  I believe back then I was on Cymbalta and I don't think it helped that much. However, I wasn't so self aware of my depression as I am now and it may have been that I wasn't noticing that I was less depressed. Anyway I think the number one issue I had back then was weight gain under Abilify.  I was very overweight (Obese II) and my weight shot up 20 more lbs.  When I went off it, my weight dropped down to where it was.

THis time I am using my plate to track my food intake and am monitoring what I'm eating.  So far I think the abilify is working really well.  I am noticing minor muscle aches and tiredness that I'm hoping will go away as my body adjusts.

Good luck my friend in your Journey.

Jack

• 2 months later...