Is this a common symptom?

lemonade27

So one of my symptoms, my main symptom actually, is that I experience chest pain when I think about or attempt to do a task. I feel unhappy most of the time because I have to push through this pain everyday because I work, and when I go home to rest there is nothing to look forward to because even leisure activities like drawing or reading cause pain, making them difficult to do. Is this a common symptom? Does anyone else have this?

1 hour ago, Twister said:

I would see a doctor in order to rule out a cardiac or pulmonary issue, to be on the safe side.  (If you haven’t already, of course)

I had an echocardiogram done but the test didn't find anything.

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

Do you think you could describe the experience a little more?  Does it last for a long time?  Do you feel our of breath?

I don't feel out of breath. The pain is at the top of my stomach. I have GERD and I think it's related to that. But if it were just GERD, it shouldn't be triggered by exertion or thinking about exertion. I think it must be psychological or stress/fatigue related.

11 hours ago, lemonade27 said:

So one of my symptoms, my main symptom actually, is that I experience chest pain when I think about or attempt to do a task. I feel unhappy most of the time because I have to push through this pain everyday because I work, and when I go home to rest there is nothing to look forward to because even leisure activities like drawing or reading cause pain, making them difficult to do. Is this a common symptom? Does anyone else have this?

It could very well be part of your mental depression because when I was younger I

had similar experience in the present of people.  It could possibly be anxiety along

with your depression.  You need to go to a doctor and tell them what is troubling you

so that you can properly be medical treated for it and get some relief from your struggles.

I'm sending you a hug for seeking out help and for your bravery to be strong.  :hugs: