Sign in to follow this  
ARDepressed

Started Lexapro

This is my second time on Lexapro. I did great with it back a time but then decided I didn’t need it any more and quit. I was wrong and wish I had never quit it.

Anyway, I have started back on it again at 5mg for the first 7 days and then bumped to 10mg today. I had totally forgot how hard this starting phase is. 

So far I have add tons of anxiety, any kind of stress sends me into a tizzy, nausea, worse depression and on and on. I guess I’m just looking for some encouragement or to see if anyone else is here in that startup phase.

26 minutes ago, ARDepressed said:

This is my second time on Lexapro. I did great with it back a time but then decided I didn’t need it any more and quit. I was wrong and wish I had never quit it.

Anyway, I have started back on it again at 5mg for the first 7 days and then bumped to 10mg today. I had totally forgot how hard this starting phase is. 

So far I have add tons of anxiety, any kind of stress sends me into a tizzy, nausea, worse depression and on and on. I guess I’m just looking for some encouragement or to see if anyone else is here in that startup phase.

Well, it will usually take about 3 weeks

fot it to kick in good.  Hang in there my

friend and here’s a  :hugs:

I can relate when I went off Prozac a few years ago thinking I was all better and didn't need it. I had an awful time getting back up to where it would help again yet it didn't work as well as at first. I feel for you. Hang in there & keep us posted.

Anyone out there in the beginning stages of taking escitalaprom/Lexapro?

I am having a really rough time starting this up this time and was wondering if there was anyone to share this journey/nightmare with.