Sign in to follow this  
Chickenmama

What we’re your start up side effects???

I have had increased anxiety and upset stomach. I have been on Lexapro before and did really well. I should have never stopped taking it but I thought I was better and just quit it. 

I am trying to remember back to when I started it the first time and it seems like it’s about the same as last time. Are you experiencing these?

Edited by ARDepressed

How long have you been on it this time around? 

I’m not on Lexapro, currently taking Zoloft past 16 days but it’s not going the greatest so thinking of switching. I took citalopram for years and had very bad stomach upset and increased anxiety for the first 4 weeks. It was hard but that med helped me a lot! I wish I never stopped taking it. 

Today is day 5 for me. I started really low only taking 5mg to start this time. I plan on taking this for a week and then bumping up to 10mg. I was actually taking 20mg the last time I was on it and that worked really well for me. I’m like you, I was crazy for ever stopping it. 

I felt like my brain was being squeezed in a vice for about 3 weeks, then it wore off. I almost ditched it after the first week but decided to push through. For better or worse, I'm still on it, 5 years later.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:33 PM, Chickenmama said:

Curious as to what everyone’s start up side effects were and how long they lasted for you. 

Thsnks! 

I started lexapro 3 weeks ago, the first 2 weeks i had horrible nausea and nightmares but now i feel better and i see improvement already! I’m on 10mg and my doctor will increase my dose to 20 mg in two weeks. 

Day 6,  Feel anxious in the morning, wake up around 1 or 2 am, then racing thoughts after taking it at night.  Weird dreams too. Hard to come to work at 6 hope it changes at week 2.  (Celexa) 

Edited by Kabanov_64

I had a full blown panic attack today.  I woke up feeling anxious and when i got to work at 6 i was having tingling all over my body and everything felt like it was closing in.  I had to stop myself take a quarter of klonopin because i had a meeting at 9 am. Klonopin really helped,  but wondering how much longer will i feel this way?  will i feel this way every morning? I only took 5 mil. 

Just started Celexa, took my 2nd dose last night but so far I feel like its the same side effects that I had when starting Zoloft years ago. The side effects are pretty mild very mild feeling in my tummy possibly a little nausia (almost like the nausia I get if I drink coffee on an empty stomach), a little more tired, and when waking up or falling asleep I get like an energy or shakiness in my arms, legs (not too bad), also feels as if my heart is racing just a little or could be just that I'm making myself more aware of it which I do those things when not taking anything because I have taken my pulse and its well within normal range. So far everything has been very minimal and not something that would cause me to be very anxious. And mind you that I am the type who has a fear of taking meds normally and I notice every thing I feel after taking something so I'd say that its been pretty good so far, I guess we will see as time goes on or they up the dose (I am on 10mg to start). 

On 11/6/2018 at 3:37 PM, Kabanov_64 said:

I had a full blown panic attack today.  I woke up feeling anxious and when i got to work at 6 i was having tingling all over my body and everything felt like it was closing in.  I had to stop myself take a quarter of klonopin because i had a meeting at 9 am. Klonopin really helped,  but wondering how much longer will i feel this way?  will i feel this way every morning? I only took 5 mil. 

I feel like mornings were always the worst for me when taking Zoloft, and now Celexa, are you getting a decent nights sleep? I think that has a lot to do with it, also, does taking an antidepressant make you anxious to begin with?  5mg of Celexa is a very low dose that is what they wanted to start me on since I have a sensitivity to medications but I went ahead with the 10mg that they were going to up it to after a week anyway to get any side effects out of the way. Also you said that it had only been 6 days, I am thinking that mine lasted about 2 - 2.5 weeks then got much better. 

Your post was a couple weeks ago, but I also am wondering how you are feeling now? How are the side effects going or have they gone?