Tired

lackluster

Hi Lackluster.

Its nice to see you again but I am so sorry that you are feeling badly.  What you write about "tired of trying to be happy" is something familiar to me.  I wish I knew what to recommend to you but I am at a loss.  I think therapy helps lots and lots of people.  I was helped most by Cognitive Behavior Therapy although reading the books proved more helpful to me personally than face-to-face therapy.  But please do not go by what I say.  We are all different and different things work for different people.  Depression is awful . . . beyond awful.  It can be really brutal.  I hope you will be okay! ! !  - epictetus

I very well know the feeling of not wanting to be around people.

I find it easier to talk to kids than adults.

Happiness is so desirable and so elusive.

I try to aim for FUNctionality and grab any happiness I can.

Anyway keep posting we are here to help.

I think therapy would be a good place to start. Find someone who you relate to well even if it’s not the first one. They can become a good source of help and support. I, too, can relate to trying to be happy, always thinking if I get this or that taken care of and then I can be happy. I’ve learned to be more realistic with my expectations. Hang in there. You are not alone. 

Hi Lackluster.  Welcome back. It is good that you recognized your depression was severe enough to post on here.  It lets you know that something must change.   Yes therapy can help.  It can offer you an objective look at your depression and a good therapist can offer solutions and ways to look at your thinking patterns. 

Yes, you should probably try therapy and if by some chance you do

not feel comfortable talking to your therapist just write everything down

that are troubling you.  When you become more familiar with your therapist

than you can began to open up verbally with your therapist. Good luck my

friend

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, lackluster said:

Thank you for the replies. I am considering it but I just feel like I'm gonna freeze up and not be able to talk and open up, which would be a waste of money and the therapists time. It's hard enough to open up to my family and friends about my feelings.

You could try putting your head down and closing your eyes while you share in therapy. That has helped me not be so self-conscience.