Sign in to follow this  
Imtrying34

Prozac induced anhedonia apathy/motivational pssd

I completely don't know where to begin .....life has been totally difficult since this has happened to me. It's hard to enjoy small things like watching a movie listening to music etc. Nothing turns me on any more I use to have sex 3 times a day now I have 0 libido and sensation is literally  down to 0, I try to explain my situation to my girlfriend but she doesn't believe I have no sensation because I can stay erect and still get off despite the anorgasm also. Me and my girlfriend  where best friends i felt so close to her no one understand me like she did and I understood her like no body else I could feel her emotions when she was sad or when she was happy or anxious I knew it.  I went to my psychiatrist  because I began to feel more stressed out about things in my life.. now I'm so confused since this has happened to me... every since the day I took the prozac 40mg. YAnd the next visit I told my physciatrist  that the dose was high could they lower it they dropped it down to 20mg the second I took the 20mg I woke up with a panic attack  out  of this world I never get panic attacks.. I told my girlfriend something seems wrong like I did something I wasn't suppose too.. I later went to the hospital they gave me klonopin  to relax.. I started feeling better then I felt very down so her step dad told me to take these they could help ... they were serroquel 200mg .. I took half of that and I felt like everything just has been worse since then like even more apathy sedation and perception change like I desentized the receptors that much more .. I felt I ruined my recovery personality feels different I went back to my physciatrist told her I felt blank no emotions didn't care about anything like as if nothing mattered . Or I could loose something close and just have no emotion toward the situation.. I  knew something was wrong and off I know get these wierd sensations in my head like static energy when I think a emotion is suppose to happen its like  there's a wall there not letting it come through.. it seems my thought process isn't as strong either or I can't read the same way like cognitively  I'm slower and less intelligent. I then was tried to take abilify because it worked for me in the past and I tried  it for two  weeks felt tired so I discontinued it.  My doctor thought i was bipolar and put me on a anticonvulstant  called trileptal  i tryed it for one week and stopped beceause i was afraid about my orgasm and sexual issues getting worse. Then I heard wellbutrin could help with the emotions and apathy and pssd issue with prozac. I tried it for two weeks felt great at first lots of energy then I got sad and had suicidal ideation badly I got extremely confused coudlnt figure out simple things etc . I just don't enjoy much like I did before I use to be out going very talkative etc and now I don't want to go into public functions I feel like I have no connection with vibes and energy . I never had this issue until I took the prozac I've also tried adderal which didn't help much either but just with perception contrast .. I tried going back to paxil which helped me before it was amazing anti depressant for me it made me very confident and happy I only started prozac because my girlfriend Said  I was angry at times.. but paxil made me feel amazing had 0 sexual issues on it back then I never thought this could happen to me. Going to work is a nightmare  I feel like I lost my personality and I'm just not as funny ... my girlfriend is slowly loosing interest everyday we have a newborn  together and I feel  as if I can't love any more . It's like  all i have are the memories of when i was happy and feeling like a man and now im insecure that i will loose everything to this  my sex life is already collapsed my ability to rationalise etc i told mg girlfriend everything  she is still willing to try but i know she is sad about all of this i wasted weeks truck driving  to buy a car all my babies clothes etc before she came and then once i took prozac it took everything away only options next are nsi  189 and sarcosine  and nac.. I just feel I ****ed everything up taking all these medications after prozac and completely  delayed my recovery .

Edited by Imtrying34
Fixing

As someone who also suffers from extreme anhedonia, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that you are experiencing this. I can't imagine anything more awful, and I can tell from your words that you are really in the depths of it. Definitely message me if you ever want to chat - I find it is one of the only things that sort of helps.