Nightjar

Lose pounds by xmas eve

#6 pounds to lose

#5 weeks left 

OK, I gotta do this. I gotta prove to myself I can do it. By December 25th, those jeans are gonna be on.

I had cake today and two hot chocolates. Hope it didn't send me up again.  Didn't have anything else for lunch though. My motivation is up again, I'm feeling better and the clock is ticking 

OK, I think I'll do a fast day on Sunday. 🎄 Then I'm guaranteed results. Every Sunday till Xmas. Decision made. I need the extra help because mince pies and hot chocolates are EVERYWHERE! !! 😲:hearts:

Edited by Nightjar

I've done that before and yes, it definitely makes me feel anxious too but I wasn't really thinking of a total fast. Perhaps fast is the wrong word. I was thinking more along the lines of one day of very low calorie intake. Much more than usual and where I would be guaranteed to lose at least a pound. 

Maybe something like a piece of toast in the morning and a bowl of low calorie soup in the evening?  That should do the trick. I'll still be starving but maybe the little bit of sustenance may help my mood? Anyway, if I want to reach this goal,  I know I'm gonna have to go hungry at some point.  I should be able to manage one day per week 🙏

I see that's what I call one of my diet days.  I do like the healthy request chicken noodle soup.  Surprisingly eating a little bit at just the right time can help lose more weight than straight fasting.  If we just don't eat the body doesn't burn much fat.  I like to wait as long as I can and then eat that bowl of soup.  The mind thinks yeah finally and burns through it real quick but I have nothing else until the bowl of cereal before bed.  That 5 hour window between the soup and the bowl of cereal is where the weight really comes off for me.  It's all very hard.  We have to keep changing what we're doing to lose weight and keep it off.  Once the mind figures you out you have to change drastically in a different direction and let it have no idea really what to expect.

#4 pounds to lose by Xmas eve 

#8 pounds lost so far

I didn't do the fast day. But what's been working for me is a sort of mini fast which I do from say, 5:30 pm till 9 am the next day. I go to bed a bit hungry but that's OK because I know I'll be asleep shortly and can wake up for breakfast! I don't think I'm even gonna attempt going hungry longer than that on purpose. 

I think I'm gonna do this. It just goes to show that even when we are struggling we can still set goals and reach them if we keep persisting 💪 We are stronger than we think :Coopclapping:

Edited by Nightjar

I lost all the weight I had gained back, but I'm stalled again. I'm torn between trying to be realistic about the fact that dieting during the holidays doesn't work, and wanting to hold myself at least somewhat accountable instead of eating whatever like I did last Christmas, and gaining a lot. It's hard to find a middle ground. But tomorrow...I'm going to enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner. I'll worry about it on Friday...er, next week once all the leftovers are gone. 🤣

Edited by evalynn

There's no real winning during the holidays.  Family expects us to be at our best but at the same time expect us to eat like a pig.  There's no winning.  Eat eat eat they say and they also say wow you've put on a lot of weight.  Yeah they do have the nerve to say that.

10 minutes ago, chucapabra said:

My healthy november challenge was a disaster 😞 but i got back on track look like i lost 6 pound. Im trying to stick to a 1200-1300 cal diet plan. 

If you lost 6 pounds it was a success.  Whatever you did it worked.  Nobody eats healthy for an entire month not even the celebrities you see on tv.  Like the celebs around my age in their 40s there's a reason you only see them when they need to make appearances.  They have trainers that slim them down for roles and appearances they have to make and other times they let themselves go.

#2 pounds to lose by Xmas eve :smilingteeth::Coopyahoo:

#10 pounds loss so far

I've wanted to do this for years and it looks like I've nearly cracked it. I'm quietly pleased 😂

If I get a bit under goal, that's cool because I'm so keen to get those jeans on and I might need to be less than I thought to wear them. Plus, I'm gonna allow myself 1-2 pound weight gain for Xmas. No more than that though, this has taken me too long to achieve. 

My appetite is small at the minute because I've cut back on the sugar again. It's made me irritable, taken away my appetite and given me some gloomy moods.

Somehow, I don't care at the moment and I'm just doing it anyway. Plus, the low appetite is helping with weight loss. I want to lose 2 stone next year to reach my ideal weight but at my current weight I feel I look decent.

My plan for next year is 7 pounds loss every three months. It's a slow burn but I think it might be achievable for me. I don't know if I will continue this thread next year or not. I feel it's been helpful to me but maybe a bit quiet. I'll play it by ear but please let me know if you want to keep it going for another year of bulge busting!!

Good luck guys!! 👖👖👖

I'm so trying on the jeans today and I'm gonna hang them on the back of the door for my final push of thinspiration 🐢

I've kept quiet I guess because I see it as a support thread for you more than anything.  Plus you do things in a much more reasonable way than I do.  I have an obvious eating disorder and don't want to pass on my madness to others.

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

#2 pounds to lose by Xmas eve :smilingteeth::Coopyahoo:

#10 pounds loss so far

HURRAY!!  Did the jeans feel comfortable?

I haven't lost weight and I haven't gain any.  I have noticed that the old body is becoming to be more flexible and firm since I started yoga.  thighs and upper arms jiggle less.

10 hours ago, nojoy said:

HURRAY!!  Did the jeans feel comfortable?

I haven't lost weight and I haven't gain any.  I have noticed that the old body is becoming to be more flexible and firm since I started yoga.  thighs and upper arms jiggle less.

Ha! The jeans are getting there but still not quite. It's nice to have a goal though isn't it? I find it motivating to have a date or an outfit to reach or fit into. Glad to hear about your success with yoga. Has it helped your mood too? 

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've kept quiet I guess because I see it as a support thread for you more than anything.  Plus you do things in a much more reasonable way than I do.  I have an obvious eating disorder and don't want to pass on my madness to others.

Hey sober. Yes, thankyou, this thread has been helpful and fun for me and you have supported me all the way! I appreciate it girlfriend 😉

I'm feeling it's a bit self indulgent and inappropriate for depression central though so maybe if I pick it back up next year I will start one over in the lighter forums. It's not nice to have an upbeat thread in your face when you are here to talk about depression.  Point taken by self. I'll keep it here for next two weeks though. We're nearly there anyhow 😊

I recently paid for this fitness program specifically for women and it's for 30 days and it started on the 28 of November and I sitll havent followed it 😥 my goal was to loose 15 pounds by christimasd but havent done the work to do so. But nonetheless I admire your pursuit! And I think this would be a good thread to start for the new year too! 

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

'm feeling it's a bit self indulgent and inappropriate for depression central though so maybe if I pick it back up next year I will start one over in the lighter forums. It's not nice to have an upbeat thread in your face when you are here to talk about depression. 

I don't how others feel,  but for me to read of someone's success helps me to feel that I can be successful too.  And that others have ups and downs but still reach their goals.

The yoga does help. It makes me leave the house and interact with people. The yoga center   I go to is small in class size (usually 4 or 5 ladies), so I'm not overwhelmed and the last three classes I was the only one there, so I got a lots of personal attention.