Nightjar

Lose pounds by xmas eve

#4 pounds to original goal but am setting new goal today

#7 pounds to lose before Xmas.

I'm still going with this and it feels manageable so I'm sticking with it. I'd rather not feel a bit hungry in the evenings but it's only a little bit, it's not so bad. And tbh how else will we lose if we don't eat less than we need? 

It's also giving me something to do, a mission of sorts. It's keeping me focused and occupied with a goal. I'm feeling pretty determined. 

I did have a setback this week and gained but I've lost it since. I had a sedentary, miserable day where I obviously ate too much. All good now though,  I've lost that pound and I'm back on track. I really hope I can keep this up till Xmas.

I had a good walk yesterday which has me feeling motivated for more exercise today. Also, still sticking to my reduced sugar and I think the withdrawal symptoms are gradually decreasing :emoticon-0141-whew:

I'm feeling excited about this now :Coopclapping:

#8 pounds to lose before xmas

Soooo, I'm up one from where I was when I posted 8 days ago..

But I'm still plugging away at this. I want to lose 2 pounds before Wednesday to get a bit of headway and feel like I'm getting somewhere again. 

I'm obviously not starving myself here lol, just trying to cut down and exercise a bit more. I do only seem to lose when I go a bit hungry in the evenings...Y'know have a smaller meal and deal with the slight uneasy,  hungry feeling before bed. I went to bed dreaming of the food in my fridge last night! 

It's bloody hard work but I think it's gonna be worth it. If I reach this goal I'll be chuffed to bits 🙌 and I can wear my old jeans on Xmas day.

#7 pounds  to lose before Xmas 

Soooo, it's Wednesday and I sort of reached my goal. I lost one pound rather than two and I'm happy enough with that. In fact I'm chuffed. I can see the difference. 

My sugar intake has gone up a bit again. I might work on bringing it down again in the next couple days but we'll see. Maybe I need to ease up on the sugar restriction to feel a little bit more relaxed and make things easier. We'll see, I might wanna cut it back again soon.

I'm giving myself a bit of leeway. 

I had a sneaky try on of the jeans I want to get into. I can do them up but they are a bit too snug. I reckon 4 pounds more off and I will get into them nicely. 

I've been very up and down with this but I'm still not gonna quit. 

#determined#7 pounds to lose b4 Xmas

(#If not, I will be over the moon with 4 pounds loss 😉) lol

On 10/23/2019 at 5:11 AM, Nightjar said:

#7 pounds  to lose before Xmas 

Soooo, it's Wednesday and I sort of reached my goal. I lost one pound rather than two and I'm happy enough with that. In fact I'm chuffed. I can see the difference. 

My sugar intake has gone up a bit again. I might work on bringing it down again in the next couple days but we'll see. Maybe I need to ease up on the sugar restriction to feel a little bit more relaxed and make things easier. We'll see, I might wanna cut it back again soon.

I'm giving myself a bit of leeway. 

I had a sneaky try on of the jeans I want to get into. I can do them up but they are a bit too snug. I reckon 4 pounds more off and I will get into them nicely. 

I've been very up and down with this but I'm still not gonna quit. 

#determined#7 pounds to lose b4 Xmas

(#If not, I will be over the moon with 4 pounds loss 😉) lol

Good job! 

#6 pounds to lose before Xmas

#3 pounds to original goal

Wow, I haven't been this weight in 4 years. I haven't been able to do it till now. Sometimes it's been a bit difficult but mostly not all that bad really.  I'm not gonna lie and say that losing weight is gonna solve all of my problems and make me happy. It's not. But it's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I've felt pretty powerless to do it till now. So now, I feel more like I'm in the driving seat of my life and I can take more pride in my appearance coz I'm looking fitter and my clothes look nicer. 

Every little (thing) helps.

How have you guys been getting on? This thread is a bit lonely lately. I'm gonna keep it up till Xmas then shelve it if it stays dead ⚰️ 📈📐🔒

I've been taking it easy.  I haven't put on weight or lost weight but I have to lose 10 pounds by the 4th of November.  I'm putting it off because I put off everything.  It will end up being 3 days straight of "dieting" sometime soon.

#5 pounds to lose b4 Xmas

#2 pounds to original goal

Another pound down today. I'm a bit shocked but I guess anything is possible if you put your mind to it. My sugar intake has crept up again. No surprises there really. It's my biggest and only addiction now. I don't know. I don't mind too much. I know I have too much sugar but as long as it's not too OTT I can accept it for now. I'm beginning to think that it's unreasonable to expect myself to have no addictions/treats or very low amounts of these all of the time. I need to find a good balance for my health.  

Anyhoo it's definitely gonna be a day where I'm trying those jeans on again! 🙌 This was the weight I told myself I needed to be to wear them properly..all those years ago....I think I have a few pounds more to go though. Still, I'm excited to try today coz I'm nearly there :hearts:

Thanks for the support @nojoy and @sober4life 😙

#5 pounds to lose by Xmas

Yeah, so, there's three pairs of trousers I've tried on and they all do up - with a bit of force lol. I'm not quite into that dress size down but almost.

One or two pounds down by next Thursday when I have a trip would be great. If I lose two by then there's a chance I'll be able to get one of those pairs of trousers on comfortably. I would be proud as punch with that and people would begin to notice I'm looking smaller. Always a good moment 😊

Another milestone today. It's been 10 months since I've had a coke!! 🙌

Y'know I have to pat myself on the back over here. There ain't no one else to do it!! Good luck everyone who is working at this too :hearts:

Total loss: 7 pounds.

Edited by Nightjar

I still have to lose the same amount I've already lost to reach my ultimate goal. It seems almost impossible, but if I work hard I could get there by mid February. That would be a nice Valentine's day gift to myself. 

I've been exercising, so I must still be overeating. I refuse to count calories because that would drive me nuts. Can you picture me measuring and weighing everything that goes in my mouth? I don't know how people do it, especially when they cook with multiple ingredients. I'm just going to have to keep the workouts up, and avoid desserts and fried food. 

I have 5 more pounds to go.  I want to lose them by Tuesday.  Why because I will see my crush that day and I want to be perfect.  I think that's the only reason I ever lose weight.  It's never just been for me or just for health.

#5 pounds to lose by Xmas 🎄

Scale was up for a couple days but that always happens during my hormonal week 😉 It's back to where it was now. 

Sugar is back on the menu to the level it was before I cut down (high consumption) I'm not gonna worry about it for now. It's the only thing keeping me going sometimes. It shouldn't stop me from losing though, I can keep going. I'm feeling down but I'm  not giving up on this!!

This goal is staying put until it gets done. I'll be happy enough with one pound loss this week. Two would be fantastic and will warrant another 'trying of the trousers' although realistically I think I need another four pounds off to get any of them on. 

One pound off is a good week. Two off is a very good week for me 😊

On 10/30/2019 at 11:41 PM, evalynn said:

've been exercising, so I must still be overeating. I refuse to count calories because that would drive me nuts.

I have never dieted in my life. I cut back on how big a portion I eat and I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks in between so that I never feel hungry and when I crave something I have it and forgive myself and go on from there.

I never dieted until my health and mom's health started going bad and then I started following the diet she was on which was basically the Atkins Diet.  That works well to lose weight.  Mom and I ate nothing but carbs before that.  We would eat at least $40 of snacks every day.  I think Atkins works wonders for losing weight and then Weight Watchers works better to maintain the lifestyle.  Cutting out the sugar forever and just eating mostly protein isn't really possible in the world of today.  Here in Ohio people "love" each other with food.  Every time you go to their house they are offering you something to eat or drink.  It's not a reasonable way to live when others are eating cake to say something like do you have a can of dry tuna I can eat?  It makes you very bitter sticking to the Atkins diet here.

#4 pounds to lose before Xmas

#1 pound to original goal

Had an unexpected loss today. Have been feeling down and relaxing my weight loss program a bit. But I'll take it. 

I think I may be forced to try on the trousers again today. I know I'm not there just yet but it will be good to see the progress!! 

I'm going to try intermittent fasting, the 16/8 plan. It's how I naturally ate when I was younger anyway*. So from 1pm - 9pm (I might toy with the exact hours), I'm allowed to eat two meals and some healthy snacks. Then from 9 pm until 1 pm the next day, I'm going to only drink water. We'll see how it goes.

(*Like I said, this is how I ate most of my life but I didn't know there was a name for it. I almost never ate breakfast, I ate a small lunch, and at home I had dinner and some snacks. I guess that's why it was easy for me to stay skinny before. Hopefully I can get back into it.)

#7 pounds to lose before xmas

#4 pounds to original goal

So since my last post my SAD has kicked in and I've gone off the rails. I've gained back 3 pounds 😏

I'm not beating myself up about it at all and I'm pleased about that. It's not realistic for me to be perfect and achieving 100% of the time. However now I want to get back to it. I still want to achieve my goal by Xmas. I'm gonna focus on doing more yoga and walking because it helps my SAD and I'm also gonna cut down the sugar again, starting from today. 

I will 🙂 wear those jeans on Xmas day. 

I will wear those jeans on Xmas day.

I will wear those jeans on Xmas day.

Edited by Nightjar