Nightjar

Lose pounds by xmas eve

On 6/19/2019 at 5:57 AM, sober4life said:

I've still been dieting and exercising every day.  I couldn't stop even if I wanted to at this point.

This is how I'm doing and how I will always be doing.  It's time to find someone to spend my life with.  That's the stage I'm at now.  People only treat me well when I'm at my best because people are awful but I have to accept the world I live in whether I like it or not.

I'm in. Although I have problems eating junk food in the evenings. Why? I get off at 2 pm and when I get home I eat lunch, so I'm not really hungry enough to fix a meal and its easier to snack on  Cheetos, cookies and m&ms.  

I am planning meals for the week instead of just grabbing whatever and eating the main meal when I get home. I have started going to a chair yoga class and try to walk 11,000 steps each day and have been drinking water while at work. Still trying to give up the cigarettes.

Really the only time I really eat is when I'm here.  I can be out all day and eat nothing sometimes until supper time but when I get back here I eat like a pig.  Why?  I'm afraid of people and what they think of me.  That's what this is all about really.

12 hours ago, nojoy said:

I am planning meals for the week instead of just grabbing whatever

I'm trying to do this too. I've started doing a weekly shop which really helps with the planning and keeps me away from grabbing processed junk from the shop on a daily basis.

I don't like the extra dishes but cooking really helps keep me away from the junk too. It also makes me feel better. Bonus feature. 

Edited by Nightjar

I can't remember the last time I had a meal.  I hardly ever feel hungry unless I'm stressed out over dealing with people.  If I didn't have to see anyone I would not have any trouble keeping the weight off.  We never had meals growing up.  Everyone came and went as they pleased and cooked for themselves when they were hungry.  We never sat down to dinner as a family ever so I'm sure that way of growing up helped develop my eating issues.

@sober4life

I did have regular meals provided while I was growing up and I guess it kept me on the straight and narrow with food coz I was always a Slim Jim lol. 

My weight gain happened in my early thirties when I was stressed out managing a home. My sugar addiction really took off then and I gradually gained weight. Then when I was 35 the weight gain sped up a bit when my partner and I moved and lived together full time. Then I was looking after him full time and it was even more stressful than before lol.

I'm about 30 pounds overweight and would love to shift it. It's not too awful a weight gain, I don't look or feel awful but I'd feel happier and healthier if I lost it.

I'm not a great cook either but I'm taking baby steps to change it. I think it can make a real difference in your life and we should all be taught how when we are young though I know so many of us aren't. My mother was always far too busy to teach me anything. Whatever I've learned,  I've taught myself. 

Pfft. If only I could be as motivated as I was above 100% of the time. But perhaps that's unrealistic. I've had a week off lol. It was my hormonal week and I allowed myself to rest more than usual and eat more sugar again. I don't feel bad about it and I only gained a pound from all of that debauchery so it can't have been all that bad.

I plan to get back to my healthy living  goals in the next couple days.

I've also revised my weight loss goal to 7 pounds loss before Xmas. I think it's more realistic for me. It's what I achieved last year so hopefully it's doable for this year too.

I'm feeling down today 😔 but I'm gonna do my best to be mindful of what I'm eating, keep the sugar consumption down and eat healthy food.

I lost the pound I gained last week and I've been putting in some extra exercise in little bursts.

I don't know if I'm feeling so down today because I had such a hard time with family yesterday or because of sugar withdrawals (I've cut down quite dramatically these past two days).

Anyway, I'm not giving up on this goal in spite of my mood. Not sure if I'm gonna be motivated enough today to exercise but I'll do my best with eating well. 

Good luck to you guys today :hearts:

#6 pounds to lose by Xmas 🎄

OK.  I get it now. I'm having sugar withdrawals. Hence the sudden nosedive in mood and all kinds of anxiety.

But I'm coping and I'm still on track. I could do without the symptoms of course, but it's actually nice to not feel so dependent on sugar. It's freeing. 

I'm pleased that I didn't gain yesterday when I ate out all day. I even said "No Thankyou" to offers of sweets at the cinema. 

#6 pounds to go.

This is a hard time for me because I have to transition from summer to fall.  I'll have on a little extra weight until the middle of the month going through the transition and yes it does scare me having to do it.  I worry that people will think I'm giving up during this time which could be disastrous so I try to avoid people I know as much as I can these first couple of weeks.

#5 pounds to lose before Xmas. 

I'm down another pound today.  This is pretty amazing considering the way I've been feeling.  Doing some strenuous yard work yesterday must have helped. Even though I didn't think I'd be able to get through it, I felt so depressed, I did it somehow.

I avoided excess sugar too even though I was having cravings.  

I have been having sugar still. I've just cut down but the impact on my mood has been huge.  I think I'm right to cut down gradually. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to move! I  have been a high user!

My sugar consumption probably is still a bit on the high side but I feel a lot better about it because my 'good' food intake has been much better. 

I'm getting to the age where my body is not so forgiving so I think this is a good time to make some changes regardless of weight loss goals. Still, seeing the weight come down feels really good. I feel more confident I can lose weight again today. Once this 5 pounds comes off maybe I'll increase my goal to another 5 pounds off before Xmas. I'm concentrating on this 5 pounds first though!

I feel like staying in all day today and being miserable but perhaps I'll head to the park instead and do my 3 laps around. Staying in rarely helps me feel better anyway.

It's not realistic to cut out sugar completely.  First we all have blood sugar levels.  We need sugar to survive.  Also the holidays are coming up and I know what it's like to be the one angry person at the party that sticks to my diet.  Life is way too short to live that way.  

One thing I learned  is not to deny myself when I crave a particular food. If I don't give  myself a small taste, I will go overboard and binge. I'm not a big sweet eater because my mother always had a cake or cookies or hard candies around. Even now I would rather have a hot biscuit with butter than any candy you can give me or even a cold one.

I agree.  I crave bread a lot.  More than likely it comes from the huge bowl of cereal I eat before bed every day because I've convinced myself I need it to sleep.:unsure: I honestly forget cake and cookies even exist until the holidays come around or it's my birthday.  I say I don't like cake but I had 3 birthday cakes and ate most of them myself.  I had a birthday week.🙄

#4 pounds to lose before Xmas

Another pound down today. I seem to be powering through to my goal at the minute. I think cutting back on the bread helped yesterday. I had one piece of toast in the morning rather than two and just had another piece in the evening after eating out at lunch time (had a nice curry mmmm).

I feel like I'm in the zone with it now. And I think this is only possible because my life is becoming more settled than it has been these last couple of years. 

My depression symptoms seem to be easing which is good. It's been a week since I cut back on sugar and I know it takes a couple weeks to feel normal again when I do that. I know that I have quite severe symptoms when I cut back. 

Fingers crossed that I can keep going with this and reach my goal.  

I've lost 5 pounds so far 👊

I haven't been weighing myself because I'm scared to. Apparently I overindulged last month because I went up for the first time in over a year, by quite a few pounds. If I haven't lost anything yet, I don't want to know yet. Maybe once I've gotten a couple more weeks of workouts in, I'll check again--but if it's not what I want, I'm going to be depressed. 

35 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I haven't been weighing myself because I'm scared to. Apparently I overindulged last month because I went up for the first time in over a year, by quite a few pounds. If I haven't lost anything yet, I don't want to know yet. Maybe once I've gotten a couple more weeks of workouts in, I'll check again--but if it's not what I want, I'm going to be depressed. 

I like your idea better than mine.  If I went on vacation I would have to take my scale with me.

@evalynn

Try not to be too hard on yourself babe. You've done so well! Better than me, that's for sure. 

I know it's painful to see your hard work being undone a little bit and I know it feels great to be slimmer. But if you'd never done the work in the first place you would still have your old weight and the bit you've put on now. You haven't really lost your achievement :hugs:

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

For this to work I need to start doing this for myself.

Me too. I always say I'm doing it for myself, and my health, but really I want someone to say, "Wow, you look great!" I want the recognition of my hard work, and I want to look good when I go out. I'm always paranoid that others are judging me, but most people probably couldn't care less. 

Most people don't care at all but the way I get treated when I'm at my best is addictive.  People are terrible.  I've been homeless and I know you are treated.  I've been over 300 pounds and I know how you are treated.  People are very shallow and awful and they treat you much better when they think you are attractive.  It's sickening but true.

10 hours ago, evalynn said:

I want someone to say, "Wow, you look great!"

You were looking good in the park the other day 😉 but I have to be honest I was interested in your wellies more than anything! Oh, BTW Etta looked fabulous too! 🐕

On 10/10/2019 at 7:53 PM, sober4life said:

Most people don't care at all but the way I get treated when I'm at my best is addictive.  People are terrible.  I've been homeless and I know you are treated.  I've been over 300 pounds and I know how you are treated.  People are very shallow and awful and they treat you much better when they think you are attractive.  It's sickening but true.

This is so accurate and frustrating.