Jump to content
Nightjar

Lose pounds by xmas eve

Recommended Posts

Does anyone want to try this with me?

I don't know if it's achievable whilst dealing with depression and anxiety bullish.it but I thought maybe we could spur each other on a bit and we might get motivated.

Thoughts anyone?  We could log tips, progress, good and bad days and hopefully shift some of this extra ballast we don't want! Lol 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from thread title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to get in on that action! I need to drop --lbs. Problem is, I'm a carb & sugar addict. That's my fallback now that I no longer drink. It's been so hot and humid here that I haven't been getting outside for walks either. I need to move up above the Arctic Circle so I can be comfortable.

 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I would love to get in on that action! I need to drop -- lbs. Problem is, I'm a carb & sugar addict. That's my fallback now that I no longer drink. It's been so hot and humid here that I haven't been getting outside for walks either. I need to move up above the Arctic Circle so I can be comfortable.

 

I've got a similar issue. I had a huge caffeine addiction which I kicked to the curb but then it got replaced with sugar which is probably worse! Lol

Anyway, I'm going cold turkey on the cokes tomorrow, will have one cake (to ease withdrawals) and the rest healthy and as low carb as poss. I'm sure I will feel like crap in couple of days but it would be so nice to get some mojo back wouldn't it? 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from quoted post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I fully support everyone that wants to lose weight.  I will keep watching this thread and try to help everyone.  I don't want people to get obsessed with their weight like me though.

Thanks for the support sober 4 life. Would be nice if we could actually do it. Lol. Here's hoping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try. That's just a fraction of the -- pounds I need to lose. But just losing -- would probably give me more confidence and motivation.

I'll need to curb my sweet tooth somehow. And stop emotional eating. Figuring that out will be the hardest part.

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing I have to cut out is bread.  Every time I get a loaf of bread that seems to fuel everything.  Next comes the waffles and the snacks and after a couple of days it takes all of my strength to gain control again.  No more bread for me until spring.  I want to see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at least -- pounds overweight, and it's because of the antidepressants. But also because of the antidepressants, I now have the motivation to start losing weight.

Mind you, I did get sad last night and eat fried fish with double fries... Hmm, still, motivation!

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, day 1.

Most of us seem to have a similar amount to lose. I am -- pounds overweight too. 

Just want to focus on that first--for now though. That in itself would be a big achievement.

So, I'm feeling pretty positive this morning and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for my usual sugar triggers which will come later on in the day.

I may get some small panic attacks later this evening without my cokes but will hopefully ride those out 😖 = my panic attack face! 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, evalynn said:

I'll try. That's just a fraction of the -- pounds I need to lose. But just losing --would probably give me more confidence and motivation.

I'll need to curb my sweet tooth somehow. And stop emotional eating. Figuring that out will be the hardest part.

Awesome! I'm so glad you are coming with me on this.

I hear you about sugar addiction and emotional eating. I'm the same and its hard and all I can do is try too. 

I went into a beautiful clothes shop yesterday and there was nothing in there I could get into. ..

I'd really like to make some progress to be able to wear some nice clothes again and also the boring being healthier stuff!

I've been wanting to lose weight for years and haven't managed to lose much but I tried at least ten times to quit smoking and I got there in the end so I'll keep trying!

A lot of people say support really makes a difference so perhaps we can get each other there 💎

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove weight number from post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes...sugar addiction and emotional eating. I fell into that in a big way after I ditched booze.

I've had many false starts on low-carb eating. I'll make it a a few days and then suddenly cave in to binge on crap like donuts.

Honestly, I have to find something else to do in my life to keep me occupied...right now, I spend evenings in the apartment either reading or watching old TV shows. I lost my motivation after the breakup with my GF back in April 2017. I decided that I didn't have much else to be skinny for so I let myself lard up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad people are finding support for this issue! 

Please keep in mind to leave numbers out of your posts, though.

We have members that struggle with eating disorders, and seeing weight numbers thrown around can be very triggering. 

I've already edited the numbers out of posts so far.  Please keep this in mind for future posts! 

Thanks, guys!  Great thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 20YearsandCounting said:

I'm glad people are finding support for this issue! 

Please keep in mind to leave numbers out of your posts, though.

We have members that struggle with eating disorders, and seeing weight numbers thrown around can be very triggering. 

I've already edited the numbers out of posts so far.  Please keep this in mind for future posts! 

Thanks, guys!  Great thread!

As a sufferer myself, please be aware that all numbers including measurements and clothing size...bmi...it all contributes to triggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 20YearsandCounting said:

I'm glad people are finding support for this issue! 

Please keep in mind to leave numbers out of your posts, though.

We have members that struggle with eating disorders, and seeing weight numbers thrown around can be very triggering. 

I've already edited the numbers out of posts so far.  Please keep this in mind for future posts! 

Thanks, guys!  Great thread!

OK, thanks 20yearsandcounting, that's a tough call on a weight loss thread but I'm sure we can work around numbers.

Are we alright talking about loss and gain without the figures?  Eg. I lost today, I gained a bit today?

Not sure this would work as a weight loss thread otherwise. It would have to remain purely a discussion about weight. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Yes...sugar addiction and emotional eating. I fell into that in a big way after I ditched booze.

I've had many false starts on low-carb eating. I'll make it a a few days and then suddenly cave in to binge on crap like donuts.

Honestly, I have to find something else to do in my life to keep me occupied...right now, I spend evenings in the apartment either reading or watching old TV shows. I lost my motivation after the breakup with my GF back in April 2017. I decided that I didn't have much else to be skinny for so I let myself lard up.

My weight gain was kind of the opposite. It happened when I was in the relationship! 10 years of domestic enslavement didn't serve my waistline well. Lol.

Now that I'm single I want my life and my figure back please! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely support your initiative. I have been sitting at home during the last month, because I have ripped ligaments on my ankle and had them sewed back. As a result, I have seriously gained in weight. The problem is, all food is so delicious... Do any of you have any dietary advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeremiah said:

OK, thanks 20yearsandcounting, that's a tough call on a weight loss thread but I'm sure we can work around numbers.

Are we alright talking about loss and gain without the figures?  Eg. I lost today, I gained a bit today?

Not sure this would work as a weight loss thread otherwise. It would have to remain purely a discussion about weight. 

 

Yeah, general talk is okay, just leave the numbers/figures out.  I know it's more difficult without numbers/figures, sorry.  I guess if some people need the figures involved, you could start a PM convo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jeremiah said:

My weight gain was kind of the opposite. It happened when I was in the relationship! 10 years of domestic enslavement didn't serve my waistline well. Lol.

Now that I'm single I want my life and my figure back please! 😁

I've gained at an alarming rate since I've gotten married. Actually, even before, as the wedding planning was quite stressful. I was at my most fit when I was single and lonely.

Edited by evalynn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it through with no cokes. Hurrah!

I think the only reason I achieved that today is because I held myself accountable here.

I didn't have a panic attack but I felt miserable in the afternoon and so I decided to have a hot chocolate to see me through. It helped.

Not so great on calories today coz I had the hot chocolate and a custard slice. I'm just hoping to be the same weight tomorrow.

Have bought some low calorie hot chocolate for tomorrow to help with my coke withdrawal and will just have a bit of chocolate. Hopefully it will be a less calorific day.

Have a bit of a headache from caffeine withdrawal tonight which isn't nice but it's not awful. All in all,  I think pretty successful start to my efforts.

Toodles.

Edited by jeremiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evalynn said:

I've gained at an alarming rate since I've gotten married. Actually, even before, as the wedding planning was quite stressful. I was at my most fit when I was single and lonely.

Same here. I found living with my ex very stressful and the stress makes me gain every time. I guess the more we can lower our stress levels the better. Not easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...