Sign in to follow this  
TSJ

Adderall and antidepressant help???

Soo I’m wanting some insight on what antidepressant would be useful for me while currently taking Adderall. I’ve  been diagnosed with depression many years ago and have tried several meds. Currently I’m on Effexor and Abilify along with being on Adderall 30 mg twice a day for ADHD. The kicker to everything is I’m not very good at taking my depression medicine every day like I should. Call me crazy but reason being is I hate the feeling of having to open 3 different bottles to take all my meds. I know it’s silly and stupid reasoning but that’s it. Funny is how I never forget to take my Adderall every day. Anyway... my main issues are when taking the Adderall, I’m good. Mostly happy, can get things done, etc... but also find myself very very irritated easily and get p***** off easily over stupid things. I know that’s a side effect of the come down off the Adderall. But my depression is what I need control of. Due to my job as a firefighter/paramedic, I find myself with a lot of downtime and constantly feel alone, sad and just NOT HAPPY. It’s not PTSD so don’t even go there lol. I also take Xanax as needed but hate doing so bc of the grogginess I get from it. I’ve read some comments on maybe Wellbutrin could help with the use of Adderall? Or should I just stay on the Effexor without abilify (as I’ve never felt like it did anything) and really give the Effexor it’s time to work? Please any thoughts or comments will help so much. Thank you all in advance

I take adderall and wellbutrin.  It seems to be working for me with no side effects.  I too hated opening all my med bottles everyday.  So I got a med case (monthly one) and I just empty all my med bottles and put them in the case.  That way I only have to do it once a month and they are all ready to go.  Do it during commercials of your favorite show or when you are watching a game or whatever.  It will save you time and make it easier.