How Do You Feel Right Now #8

37 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Right, Mark.  Give yourself a break.  Find yourself a shelf in your place and imagine talking off the guilt hat and putting it there for a while 🙂

I LIKE that visualization.  Thank you.

Got a bit of a lesson today b/c the pain cropped up (even as Mom went off her rocker...and I, regrettably, used it as an excuse to chk on her...really bad move for MY self-care).  Came home and soaked in the bath.  Soooo, that's my barometer...dammit.

52 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

I LIKE that visualization.  Thank you.

Got a bit of a lesson today b/c the pain cropped up (even as Mom went off her rocker...and I, regrettably, used it as an excuse to chk on her...really bad move for MY self-care).  Came home and soaked in the bath.  Soooo, that's my barometer...dammit.

I know how you feel.  I've been in bad shape ever since I went to see mom on Sunday.  I barely remember anything I've done since.  I'm completely losing my mind over it all.

I have to think of something worth fighting for again.  Every moment of every day I want to run screaming from my life but my life destroys me to the point where I don't have enough strength to run. It's never ending day after day of impossible days.  I can't take this anymore!

I can so identify with this...what a horrific experience.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:04 AM, LonelyHiker said:

I feel the same. The future is dead. It was DOA. So is the present. Ironically, my wretched past is alive and well and haunting (taunting?) me incessantly.

Suicide is not escape, suicide is confront.

It is not weakness or selfishness. It is not an action to be exalted.

Sometimes it is the anger that does not want to harm others. Sometimes it is self-defense.

He doesn't care to be good or bad anymore.

The masks you wear will be heavy. Slowly tear off the ties with those around you; For others the lack of deficiency changes in form and, in contrast, evolves over time. Even if you're not alive, after a while.

Those who remain behind, the belief in the Hereafter, the conscience and the dreadful uncertainty in front of him remain tiny, next to the feeling of being stuck.

It is upsetting to me that: by participating in any human social activity, once you reach a certain point of involvement and investment - inevitably there are drama and power struggles.

Obviously this happens in politics and business, but I've observed the same in literally every type of social organization, be it volunteer groups, mental health forums, gatherings of faith, what have you.

It is especially discouraging when it happens in philanthropic or altruistic settings, and individuals act by taking the position: "No, we're going to serve the needy MY way and I'm going to fight for it!"

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have to think of something worth fighting for again.  Every moment of every day I want to run screaming from my life but my life destroys me to the point where I don't have enough strength to run. It's never ending day after day of impossible days.  I can't take this anymore!

Hang in there my friend and I hope you have the best day ever.   :hugs: 

Spent some time last night changing the oil and adjusting the chain on my Triumph Thruxton R, finally hit just over 500 miles so I've been riding it a lot considering I've had the bike just a little over a week. Was a pretty easy job to do and if I was to take it in for the 500 mile service it would've been $600 just for them to do what I did. I probably will start modding the bike soon instead of building any guitars this winter.

20 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

I'm feeling "less than" again as almost always. I need to stop comparing myself to others. Why is that so hard to do?!

I have no idea. I ask my therapist this question often. She just tells me to stop doing it and "focus on myself". Money well spent...

Life is the place of dualities that are under constant stress for those who are not fortunate and fortunate. In this duality, stress and sadness are always heavy. The only dream of these people is the richness of their minds on television, on the Internet or on their own. When they're rich, they believe in everything. Because they've been scratched like this. students work, but most are not even interested in what they are working for. The goal is to earn a good place and earn a living, to be rich. The next period is to marry a rich man/woman.

For rich people, life is a place of pleasure and happiness, on the one hand, always experiencing unhappiness and psychological crises. sadness, depressions are always closed to other people. They always say that life is a good place. Follow your dreams, be positive, laugh at life and look at a stack of "empty" sentence.

He's not the only one who's empty, but most of the time they're personal. Because wealth is one of the primary desires that people want to reach, they find themselves in great self-confidence in egoism. So they move away from their own characters. They're artificial. And one day (in material / spiritual), the materialized happiness will fade away and they will find the cure for suicide. Is that what I'm telling you? No, that's what life brings.

And life is that the poor wants to be rich. Now think again, what you build your life on.

1 hour ago, BeyondWeary said:

I'm feeling "less than" again as almost always. I need to stop comparing myself to others. Why is that so hard to do?!

I always compare myself to others.  It's one of the reasons it took so long to get sober.  I would always say I'm not as bad as that person.  I do it with looks too.  I don't look as good as they do.  I don't have as much money as them.  It really never ends.

3 minutes ago, MatthewPA said:

Lost, sad, and anxious. Not sure where my food money will come from. The Ativan isn't working well lately. This drug isn't for depression and feeling energy, yet it is my only option. So mad at my family for doing this.

I'm sorry to hear this my friend and I pray that everything begin to change

for you real soon.