How Do You Feel Right Now #8

24 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

I feel envious towards people who don't have to work e.g. wealthy parents, or disability for life. They are fortunately oblivious to the fact that conniving backstabbers not only exist, they make up most of Earth's human population.

Me too. Work supposedly gives us purpose, but the environment at work can be so horrible that it breaks us. I'm at that point right now.

As the saying goes, I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

7 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Me too. Work supposedly gives us purpose, but the environment at work can be so horrible that it breaks us. I'm at that point right now.

I feel for you, JD.

IMHO, it’s not so much work as doing something meaningful for youself and the world around you, something one might even enjoy(and perhaps getting a reasonable paycheck out of it? One can only dream..) , not “work” per se. 

I blame The Protestant interpretation of Christianity(not saying any other interpretation is any better) and it’s warped notion of work (Genesis chapter 3 verse 17-18 anyone?) for the situations we end in at work and in our so-called careers.. 

That basically we are lazy Barstewards not worthy of god’s (or society’s) love and care unless we break our backs at trying to survive this rat race call modern western society.

Complete bollocks if you ask me.

I feel somewhat lost. Just came back from visiting family in Texas which working out good except my meds acted up and I got very anxious so it was hard to enjoy the time. I still feel out-of-sorts and not sure about this new med I'm on. It never ends!! Sigh!!

3 hours ago, iWantRope said:

I feel envious towards people who don't have to work e.g. wealthy parents, or disability for life. They are fortunately oblivious to the fact that conniving backstabbers not only exist, they make up most of Earth's human population.

I'm pretty sure the people on disability for life know the world is evil.  Each month they are given barely enough money to survive while everyone that helps them over the years becomes millionaires.

29 minutes ago, RiverLight said:

Thank you, Lady!!!! The ring is arriving tonight and we're picking it up, so I think tonight's the night he's asking me!!! 😍

I sure hope so.  It's time for you to have the happy life you have always dreamed of.  I'm so happy for you and very proud of you too.  You are an inspiration to us all.💃

6 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I sure hope so.  It's time for you to have the happy life you have always dreamed of.  I'm so happy for you and very proud of you too.  You are an inspiration to us all.💃

Awwwwww, thank you SO much Sober!!!!! I am so happy and soooooooo excited!!!!! I cannot believe I met someone who is SO amazing and SO wonderful. Just a year ago I had broken an engagement that had turned out horribly. And I was treated horribly too! And now, things have completely turned around and I'm with the most amazing man I've ever known!!! It's incredible how life can change, just like that. I hope it is inspiring! You just never know whom you will meet, or when! 

Edited by RiverLight

I don't have to work tomorrow.  I did Saturday's work today.  I'm going to rest and celebrate this weekend sensibly.  Next week I will not hold back anymore to make sure I get one more day.  I will move forward every day with all of my strength to get the life I want.  It's time to show the world what I'm made of.

Edited by sober4life

Excited!  On vacation for 2 weeks.  We are  leaving for Ireland 🇮🇪 Sunday night.  The mood is good, since the change in meds this past May.  But I am always  afraid the mood will shift downward again.

Edited by Smcine

16 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Hahaha. There is a line of lyric in a song by The Who that uses that saying. It’s called Substitute.

I'm officially engaged!!! He proposed last night. It was the sweetest proposal ever. I couldn't be happier..... he truly is the best man I have ever known. 💕 💘 I feel sooooo very lucky! Today is a fantastic day. We're going to dinner in the North End of Boston to celebrate. This will be fun! 

Big news in my world: quit trying to get into a masters program and just use my degree to make some money. Job hunting has been exciting, no homework feels relieving, and I’m so excited to begin living in the moment. I’ve been planning to have a successful future but I just can’t handle the pressure of those desires (placed upon by myself of course). Everyone is supportive of my decision. My parents, my fiancé, my best friend, all have told me they think it’s a good idea for a variety of reasons. Helps me reassure myself that this could be good for me. I may not be aiming as high in success, but instead higher in happiness. 

I feel pretty good because..well I just do. I feel sad too. My super power (if I in fact have one) is being both elated and depressed at the same time. That and emptying glasses of alcohol. Haha. 

But seriously,  right now I am happy because some of you are feeling good too. Sad because some of you aren’t feeling happy at all. 

Right now I am all over the place.

I'm...okay-ish...?

Isolation really has been the best thing for me. I'm realizing that even if people keep saying that they want me around and "I need them", it's not true at all. I realize don't have anything I need to fix with anyone, anymore, and it's just my head refusing to be 'quiet.'

It's 'nearly' time to get some new people in my life and leave the past behind for good. I'm scared to death of starting fresh in my early thirties, but it needs to be done. Maybe I'm running, but if I'm letting something make me feel so damn terrible, why shouldn't I?

1 hour ago, TheSandman said:

I'm...okay-ish...?

Isolation really has been the best thing for me. I'm realizing that even if people keep saying that they want me around and "I need them", it's not true at all. I realize don't have anything I need to fix with anyone, anymore, and it's just my head refusing to be 'quiet.'

It's 'nearly' time to get some new people in my life and leave the past behind for good. I'm scared to death of starting fresh in my early thirties, but it needs to be done. Maybe I'm running, but if I'm letting something make me feel so damn terrible, why shouldn't I?

I feel the same way and I'm 39.  I absolutely need to start fresh somewhere else.  Everything and everyone around me is toxic.  I feel I need the people but it's like my brain craves the drama because it knows it will send me on the next binge.  I'm too old for this.  I can't run fast enough.

Relaxed.  First full day completely at leisure in over two weeks' propping up Mom - appointments, meds, physical therapists, nurses, etc. - after her MI...and the worst stress I've faced in over a year.  I haven't done squat except indulge in a Subway sandwich.  I can sense I may have a milk-and-cookies indulgence this evening.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, HeatherG said:

My nephew turned 13 recently, and the back talk is crushing.  All this flipping week.  😖

Then my soulless mom.  They will be the end of me.  On stop of obsessing?  Like, I hope a giant meteor comes and just destroys the house with me in it (but I don't want anything bad to happen to my nephew).  Mom, idc.  😡 

But, all I wanted was a sandwich from Au Bon Pain, the salmon and cucumber, that woulda made the day special, but Uber was running behind.  I wish I was mean and could really curse.  😢

I sound stupid..  🤐

Hugs HeatherG!!!