No Friends (Outside Family)

Kabuto

Yep, my friends have all pretty much ditched me.   And the ones that remain are so negative, they're oftenttimes toxic to be around.   

I feel like I've acted like a fool because I've kept contacting a former friend- one who's moved on from me for years and it's clear he doesn't want to speak to me.   So why do I foolishly contact him?

Yeah, having no friends...kinda sucks.   

Believe me, I'm grateful for family, and yeah.  

Edited by Kabuto

It's not foolish to contact old friends, sometimes the friendship can be revived and other times you learn that they have moved on. At least you tried, no one can fault you for that. Friendships are tough in general once you get to a certain age, peoples' lives change and they make new friends. It's tough for us since it can feel like we're getting left behind, I suppose in some way we are... Others start families, work on their career, and there we are still struggling with the same things X years later... It's difficult for people to relate to that so they split after a while and the ones who stick around are either true besties or toxic people who don't have their act together either.

True besties are obviously extremely rare, can't say I ever found anyone like that. I had one girl I thought I was best friends with, I was there for her for years, listened to her cry when she got divorced, all the subsequent boy drama, etc. When the day came that I needed some real support she literally told me that she doesn't have time for my nonsense... Nice... 

Wish I had some solid advice on how to form real and lasting friendships but I haven't figured that one out yet. 

On 8/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, Kabuto said:

Yep, my friends have all pretty much ditched me.   And the ones that remain are so negative, they're oftenttimes toxic to be around.   

I feel like I've acted like a fool because I've kept contacting a former friend- one who's moved on from me for years and it's clear he doesn't want to speak to me.   So why do I foolishly contact him?

Yeah, having no friends...kinda sucks.   

Believe me, I'm grateful for family, and yeah.  

It does suck. Try not to judge yourself. 

In life most people usually don’t have 

but a couple of true friends if that many 

because usually when people get

everything they can get from you they 

move on trying to find the next victim 

they can suck off of like a leech using 

it host for it’s supply of food.  Hang in

there my friend and hopefully better days 

are ahead for you.