1. 1. How long before you consistently felt better on cymbalta

• 1 week
    • 2 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 4 weeks
    • 5 weeks
    • 6+ weeks
    • Never

I started Cymbalta at 30mg, and started feeling better around the 4-week mark. However, 2 weeks later I was feeling pretty lousy again. Doc upped to 60mg and so far it has been enough. Starting to go downhill a bit, so I am going to talk to him about trying 90mg. That being said, it is one of the better AD's I've been on so far.....I wish a doc would have tried years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I am into my 9th week and do not feel any different than I did on my 4th or 5th week. I do not have anxiety, but the depression can be terrible. I keep waiting for it to lift, but I am thinking that this drug may not work for me. Don't know what to do. Have an appointment with my p doc this week - they might try a booster.

Going into my l0th week and really not finding much improvement. My pdoc added a booster that is actually used on people with underactive thyroid - claims they have had success with adding that so we will see. This is my second day taking the booster. Can't think of the name right now - I will give it a go - anybody know anyone else who had it take so long to start really making a diffeence?

• 2 months later...

Just went to see a psychiatrist for the first time yesterday. My wellness doctor put me on 60mg of Cymbalta about 4 years ago maybe and I have been feeling depressed since my divorce last July, worsening when it was announced that the school I was teaching would close in June. I thought I could fight the depression, but finally gave in and made the appointment. Doc said she thought I was more sad than depressed, interesting. She increase my Cymbalta to 120mg, which I started today. No side effects so far. I feel lonely, sad, jealous of others who are having fun this Fourth of July while I sit here alone, but don't want to go anywhere either, it's like I am stuck.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on day 3 of Cymbalta. Felt it kick in during the first two days, but after the third day I became depressed and unmotivated. Also felt emotionally numb and stressed. Maybe because I've read so many reports of negative reactions. I'm terrified of PSSD, so that's not good either, but I feel relieved to see that positive reactions seem to be the norm here. Maybe I'll be OK after all.

-Mel

• 1 month later...

I just finished my 2nd week on cymbalta. My pdoc is slowly switching me from Prozac to this bc I've has vague aches & pains. She thinks it's the depression. I've had every blood test under the sun done & on paper I'm completely healthy, which i am very thankful for! Right now I'm on 30 mg of Prozac & 30 mg of cymbalta, with the hopes of switching me to just the cymbalta (to **** 2 birds with one stone-depression & unexplained pain). After these two weeks, I'm still in pain, no change there. My mood is up and down, but is think it's more down because I constantly feel achy.

It's completely frustrating to not know what's going on with my body & not knowing how to fix it. I'm hoping that I just need to hold out a bit longer for this cymbalta to work.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...